Boycott called for

I thought the collaborative statement came across as rushed, ill-conceived and certainly not drafted more than twice.

It reeked of something cut and pasted from the Hun boards.

A shame, because a joint effort by supporters groups can be a powerful voice.

But here, there is a unique problem with their agenda - the time to implement action is gone, and never was; covid restrictions gave the 'old' board the escape route they required. PL got away, Lennony got away, there never was the fanbase's 'time' within the stadium to name and shame the culprits in the megaclusterfuck that was 20/21.

The stament talks of 'arrogance and complacency'. No, it was ignorance and incompetence that cost us, coupled with unaccountability; the straw men gave up the history because they neither knew the generational significance to the support, or had any idea how to address the failure unfolding before their eyes.

Most tellingly - they did not care to, either.

So now Dominican Republican McKay is the sacrificial lamb who'll be the defensive shield of the puppet masters. And ange will try to reconstruct the neglected playing side.

The percipient approach now would be to back the team with full fury and also let the board know they're on the hook, with appropriate vented rage. But continual protests and risible demonstrations need addressed too - more tact, wit and surgical critique, and less moonhowling.

The Celtic Board are all about image, as any other PLC. A full stadium on a big TV occasion is the place to publically ridicule, shame, and deliver the message. That time will come again.

The fact that we are are all chipping in here and even responding with the levels we are proves two things.
The resentment
But also the concern of the throw away actions of a fan group that breaks unity.
The bottom line, bar all of our own feelings on it ...its our club.
There has to be at some point a line drawn. It isnt permanently there. For now it has to be.

Its our image, our ability to attract new players . To market ourselves as a postive growing football enity and shirk the season before.

They have to dust off, think and capitulate, not to just anyone not to a manger they dont want, a rugby ceo, a new dof,
but the badge.

The GBs biggest mistake is thinking they are learned beings in the presence of mugs.

I love the green brigade and everything they stand for..many won't like their methods and how they go about things but they are the last remaining link that we have to remind us how our club used to be before it and football on general was basterdized by greed and corruption....keep up the good fight I say youngsters šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Whatever else, they are true fans, pouring their heart and soul into backing the club. They shouldn't be vilified for taking a stance, if that's what that they believe is necessary.

It doesn't make you a better fan to allow this board an unchallenged hand in the running of the club.

One decent press conference, a couple of training snippets, another signing in the vein of those that have gone before. None of this means we have turned the corner.

Whatever else, they are true fans, pouring their heart and soul into backing the club. They shouldn't be vilified for taking a stance, if that's what that they believe is necessary.

It doesn't make you a better fan to allow this board an unchallenged hand in the running of the club.

One decent press conference, a couple of training snippets, another signing in the vein of those that have gone before. None of this means we have turned the corner.
What exactly do you want C T , true fans ??? , really ??, what makes them true fans , just trying to work out how they are true fans and I am not , so season ticket holder . Share holder , followed the club all over Europe for 30 years

anyway, taking a stance against what ??
fact , wether we like it or not , the board do run the club , scream and shout all you like that wonā€™t change

As I said before what is the objective of this ??
What are they looking to achieve ??

Yesterday , GB and some other fan groups have called for a boycott of club merchandise until January in response to no club review in jan this year as promised , I get it but I donā€™t fucking get it , why now , when feel good factor is just starting to kick in , for me shows how out of touch these groups are , but maybe itā€™s me who is out of touch , giving the gullables more to hit us with
I donā€™t remember voting for the GB to be able to speak for all of us, they have made this all about them as usual.

One of the reasons we still have our original club to support is thousands of men, boys, women and girls stayed away in the '90s when all they wanted was to see a Celtic team triumph.
You cannot possibly help Celtic by reducing their income. That is why I will renew my Celtic TV sub and hope that you will buy Celtic merchandise. In 1994 we were an hour away from going under due to lack of income. Boycotting is anathema to success.

The stament talks of 'arrogance and complacency'. No, it was ignorance and incompetence that cost us, coupled with unaccountability; the straw men gave up the history because they neither knew the generational significance to the support, or had any idea how to address the failure unfolding before their eyes.
"Arrogance and complacency" certainly had a part to play in last seasons shambles. NL playing the same players in the same losing system over and over again smacks of arrogance, even now his arrogance shines through every time he opens his mouth. The complacency was the Board sitting on their hands and watching as it happened in front of them and doing nothing to try and sort it out, then shouting about "entitled" fans.

You cannot possibly help Celtic by reducing their income. That is why I will renew my Celtic TV sub and hope that you will buy Celtic merchandise. In 1994 we were an hour away from going under due to lack of income. Boycotting is anathema to success.

So you were against the Sack the Board campaign that removed the club from the control of a few families? I'm not even being rhetorical.

Keep paying for your Celtic TV, by all means. I'm sure the club are glad of the Ā£3 per game. As it happens, I will buy merch and I'll get to as many games as I can while I live away from Glasgow.

My point was it's not for you, me, the Green Brigade or anyone else to sermonise about what makes a "100% Celtic fan".

As someone who has been involved in several different types of protest over too many years now, I think it would be hypocritical of me to condemn the GB. At the same time I have to say I really struggle to get my head round their timing. I also completely fail to grasp why anyone would think starving the club of revenue is in anyway constructive.

The Celts for change movement is quite rightly held up as an example of what can be achieved if supporters stick together and push for the betterment of the club. But this needs an overwhelming majority of folk working to achieve their objective. It's an understatement to say there's no comparison between then and now.

I'm of a generation of Celtic supporters who would stand outside Celtic Park in the early sixties shouting for the head of Bob Kelly. We knew we had good players, we knew we should've been achieving more. But the truth is, so did Bob Kelly. Those players were known as the Kelly kids. I think it was a headline in some rag and it stuck. A group of extremely talented players without doubt. But we were rudderless. Completely without direction. Bob Kelly brought Big Jock home to Paradise and, with a couple of additions, he turned the Kelly kids into The Lisbon Lions.

Did our protests help ? I like to think so. HH

Iā€™m not sure how much of a difference the 200-300 members of the green brigade not buying any club merchandise will have, I donā€™t think the Celtic shop sells flares šŸ¤£
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ they donā€™t buy the merchandise out the shops anyway BB for theyā€™re own reasons which is fair enough ie for where the strips are made in certain countryā€™s.
But for this group of ā€œboysā€ to tell us and come out with statements that we are all supposed to stop what weā€™re doing and listen to them... donā€™t think so! Until they grow up and stop putting their wee childish stickers and graffiti all over our stadium which pisses me right aff and maybe putting more effort into things that matter to our club, things like res12 and the corruption in Scottish football instead of a few guys coming up with political statements and the rest following like wee sheep and donā€™t really have much of a clue of what the flags and songs are about. I normally donā€™t have a problem with the GB but Iā€™m certainly not going to take their big statements that serious when the majority of them need to grow up!

New team at the helm and weā€™re starting the season off up against it
We need to re-establish ourselves as the top team in Scotland
All the animosity needs to be put to one side for the moment
We need to get our season off to a flyer and give the new team a chance
By all means harbour the same resentment but new CEO deserves a chance to speak to us about these issues
Right now heā€™s busy trying to get players in and his foot on the gas
If he doesnā€™t come up with the goods on these issues then fair play to protest
But to come out with that just as weā€™re finding our new feet smacks of the look at me brigade

Back