Brendan Rodgers

absolutely not defending the way he fucked off,but if you’ve fell out with the boss in any job,,me personally that’s the way a fuck it up them??
This isn't a normal job where your getting paid minimum wage working 40 hours a week and struggling to make ends meet and you can't pay to get car fixed so you need to get a bus to work ....he was getting big money and could have seen the season out I think anyway (he know the financial restraints at Celtic before he joined)don't blame him for going to England but should have waited to end of season ....or least was honest with the fans when he left as he was meant to be one of us.....but the past is the past and let's look to the future 🍀

Exactly. We weren't far off the scums worse ever team record....but we gave real Madrid a fright....before they fucked us...so its alright. We don't know the reason Rodgers left and we probably never will. But the facts are he's a fantastic manager. We could have ended up with a rookie or a project. I think he handled the press conference well.
From it, I got the feeling he was telling us he left because the things he wanted weren't in place....now they are. I genuinely believe we are about to witness something amazing....also, you can tell he's been promised the funds to improve the squad....that must terrify everyone in Scotland!
Agree 100% 🍀

This isn't a normal job where your getting paid minimum wage working 40 hours a week and struggling to make ends meet and you can't pay to get car fixed so you need to get a bus to work ....he was getting big money and could have seen the season out I think anyway (he know the financial restraints at Celtic before he joined)don't blame him for going to England but should have waited to end of season ....or least was honest with the fans when he left as he was meant to be one of us.....but the past is the past and let's look to the future 🍀

I agree with you...almost 🤣I was a fan that called him a rat....and I'm probably now the fan that the GB, and others, will say has no principles or integrity (thanks Kelly and shammy 😋😋😋 love you both)....but we don't know how bad it got behind the scenes. If Rodgers was unhappy with the board and knew it wasn't going to improve, and his agent would have been aware of this, then why would he have stuck around if he knew it wasn't going to get better?? He got his way out of, in his view, a dead-end job and he took it.
Its easy for us, the fans who struggle to make ends meet, to say we would never have left....but that's because, Celtic to us are different. For the people who don't have the comfort of millions in the bank...sometimes Celtic are our only escape from the grind....we would never give it up.

BTW....I'm not looking for a fight 🤣🤣🤣🤣 drink has been taken 🤣🤣

Hi Bhoys and Ghirls. Currently on holiday in Fuengirola. Have seen the press conference to introduce Brendan Rodgers. I thought he spoke well now I was sceptical about his return. He's now here so let's all get behind 😂 him as great times are upon us.I know we are divided on his appointment, i my self was , but I know he was the best candidate to take the job. Let's all get behind the team and more success will be incoming HH

I agree with you...almost 🤣I was a fan that called him a rat....and I'm probably now the fan that the GB, and others, will say has no principles or integrity (thanks Kelly and shammy 😋😋😋 love you both)....but we don't know how bad it got behind the scenes. If Rodgers was unhappy with the board and knew it wasn't going to improve, and his agent would have been aware of this, then why would he have stuck around if he knew it wasn't going to get better?? He got his way out of, in his view, a dead-end job and he took it.
Its easy for us, the fans who struggle to make ends meet, to say we would never have left....but that's because, Celtic to us are different. For the people who don't have the comfort of millions in the bank...sometimes Celtic are our only escape from the grind....we would never give it up.

Fight Lubo surely not. You better be marine commando material to take on us Bhoys 😄😄

I respect your opinion mate 🍀as Ive said past is the past and let's look forward and bring success to a club that we all love mate ❤️🍀

FFS, I'm still haudin yer jaiket
Mainly because these days, I couldn't fight sleep

YNWA

FFS Lubo...I'm still haudin yer jaiket
Mainly because these days, I couldn't fight sleep

YNWA

Cant understand this level of bile and antagonism over a manager and a very successful one too. "Slimy little runt" - would you say that to his face ? "Prick" - really ?? And Ange is a "lying bastard" now ? Have a long look. These guys are pros and we are lucky to get them in our crappy league. He has a great track record, is brilliant with the media, has top contacts and will reignite interest in Scottish football from elsewhere. Dont be so angry !
You've obviously led a sheltered life if you can't understand the anger towards the so called slimy runt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, are they not?

Exactly. We weren't far off the scums worse ever team record....but we gave real Madrid a fright....before they fucked us...so its alright. We don't know the reason Rodgers left and we probably never will. But the facts are he's a fantastic manager. We could have ended up with a rookie or a project. I think he handled the press conference well.
From it, I got the feeling he was telling us he left because the things he wanted weren't in place....now they are. I genuinely believe we are about to witness something amazing....also, you can tell he's been promised the funds to improve the squad....that must terrify everyone in Scotland!
Jaysus lubo put your tool away, ye must have it ripped to shreds since the wee cunt returned

images

All views on The Celtic Star are always those of the writer, and any of you guys can write for the site anytime you like, so if there's something you want to get off your chest go for it. My view is that Rodgers and Peter Lawwell were at loggerheads from summer 2018 and it was always going to come to a head. The way Rodgers left was brilliant for Lawwell and meant that those seeing the other side of the argument didn't really see any point in making it.

We got Lenny back, short term that worked too but the stuff Rodgers was complaining about really came home to roost in the covid season - and that's what flushed it out. That allows Rodgers to come back. Personally I'm delighted about that as we now have a proper structure in place, a principal shareholder committed to funding the manager for European success rather than some domestic target that no-one outside of Scotland cares about, a CEO who is sticking to his own remit and doing a fine, job, a squad of players inherited from Ange which Rodgers can develop (like Ange he is more effective in his first two years at a club working with a new group of players), the coaching staff have been retained despite having offers from elsewhere and most supporters are onside. Had all that not been the case Rodgers would not have accepted the job and he'd have been right too.

European ambitions does it for me. Happy to post any counter arguments on The Celtic Star for anyone on The Noise, that's always an open offer.
Well WC, having watched the fan question session, I was neither impressed, angry or overcome with joy, Rodgers has spent 4 years dealing with real journalists so having to answer the questions of the fans forums or even the smsm would have been a walk in the park, the main question for me is that has Pistol Pete been warned not to intervene with the current structure and to allow the footballing side of the business to do what is necessary to ensure our continued domination at home and to make progress in Europe. Rodgers is a professional manager who is clever enough to take the team forward in the next couple of years. I expect nothing less. If he wants to be remembered he will have to make a major impact. I wish him success, as a Celtic supporter that is my main concern. If he wants my adoration a quadruple is required "I have stated this in a previous post" so it's now up to Rodgers to deliver his best. HH. 🍀💚

Rodgers knows what the Glasgow scene is. He knows the media are largely anti-Celtic and the club have finally decided to ban the BBC. This will happen again if the BBC crap on us. When things are intolerable then we should not tolerate them. Step 1 has happened. The past should not be raised in questions to him or answered by him. His job is the future and I expect us to improve this season over last season. We are the best team in Scotland and we need to progress in Europe. I hope that we merge the best of Ange and Rodgers and make a super Celtic

Cant understand this level of bile and antagonism over a manager and a very successful one too. "Slimy little runt" - would you say that to his face ? "Prick" - really ?? And Ange is a "lying bastard" now ? Have a long look. These guys are pros and we are lucky to get them in our crappy league. He has a great track record, is brilliant with the media, has top contacts and will reignite interest in Scottish football from elsewhere. Dont be so angry !
Thanks Maz. I welcome your opinion on both posts. It is my opinion that BOTH men were deliberately lying to the only important people at this club.... the supporters. You choose to ignore this most salient of facts. They were no better than politicians. I am surprised you and others have forgotten so quickly. And if The Rat is so very good, do you think he would be so readily welcomed back by either Leicester or Liverpool fans?
By the way I would say it to his face.
Ange said as recently as weeks before his departure that he would be here as long as the club wanted him.... patently not the case as he was already in talks with Spurs at that time by all accounts. True? or Lies?

Last edited:
Back