Brendan Rodgers

Tonytimguy

Hello there,
Ive just joined. I was hoping to post a few comments but when I saw that shiny gold "Post Thread' button, i thought, "that will allow me to annoy a lot more people in less time", so it was a no brainer.
When things are going great at our club, i love to read forums like this one, Celtic Star, Celtic Blog, etims. Theyre about the only ones I am sure are written by actual tims and not just some Reach patronising offshoot.
When I start joining these forums to actually spout my own shoite, you can tell things have gone awry at our club.

I was reading etims earlier, an article discussing Rodgers coming back as manager.
As usual, the article was fully self-depricating, but figured a line which said, paraphrasing, we would know what we are getting and we would be in no danger of allowing ourselves to fall in love with him, given how he scuttled away.

After the last week, which has left me utterly disappointed in my hopes that we would have a good manager for a few years at least, I am coming around to this. Is it about time we were the mercenary ones?
We dont need to sell our USP's to anyone.

Another thing that I hope is not just taxi driver bollox was a comment in the same forum quoting someone on KDS which stated that Rodgers was interested, but assurances would have to be given about interference from certain people at boardroom level.

As much as his midnight flit angered me given the stage we were at in that season, this is an itch that has never been scratched for all of us with this whole episode. The Marian Shved quotes were a rare insight into something that we have all suspected for a long time.

If it was a choice between a bullsh#t artist whos trophy hall rivalled every manager weve had bar one, compared to going further down this whole City Group alliance thing which paints us as a paltry serf to a financially doped EPL superpower, I know which one I would rather have.

Their leading candidate is being touted as the brains behind Pep, much like the clown who is installed across the river, but his only real gig as a manager ended after 14 games in Serie B. That should have alarm bells ringing.
The growing nepotism and installing us as the City Groups fluffer club should have them ringing even more.

RIght now a lot of my boxes are being ticked by one candidate:

Someone who comes in with the assurances that our "Chairman" really has no say in football matters.

Someone who is a proven winner.

Someone, like the last manager, doesnt take any sh#t from the hundits.

Someone who I dont have to worry about making me feel like he will be here for years because I know what they are all about - but thats ok, because we are the ones who can be mercenary now.

To me its a no brainer. This appoinent can put the uglies, the hunfits and the Lawwell conundrum to bed.

And when he goes scuttling back to the land of milk and honey, we will be able to call ourselves the most successful club in europe in terms of trophies won, (with the same club) and we can tell him, "thanks for the memories, dont let the door hit your arse on the way out".

Because mercenaries know their worth. And we are Glasgow Celtic.

Hello there,
Ive just joined. I was hoping to post a few comments but when I saw that shiny gold "Post Thread' button, i thought, "that will allow me to annoy a lot more people in less time", so it was a no brainer.
When things are going great at our club, i love to read forums like this one, Celtic Star, Celtic Blog, etims. Theyre about the only ones I am sure are written by actual tims and not just some Reach patronising offshoot.
When I start joining these forums to actually spout my own shoite, you can tell things have gone awry at our club.

I was reading etims earlier, an article discussing Rodgers coming back as manager.
As usual, the article was fully self-depricating, but figured a line which said, paraphrasing, we would know what we are getting and we would be in no danger of allowing ourselves to fall in love with him, given how he scuttled away.

After the last week, which has left me utterly disappointed in my hopes that we would have a good manager for a few years at least, I am coming around to this. Is it about time we were the mercenary ones?
We dont need to sell our USP's to anyone.

Another thing that I hope is not just taxi driver bollox was a comment in the same forum quoting someone on KDS which stated that Rodgers was interested, but assurances would have to be given about interference from certain people at boardroom level.

As much as his midnight flit angered me given the stage we were at in that season, this is an itch that has never been scratched for all of us with this whole episode. The Marian Shved quotes were a rare insight into something that we have all suspected for a long time.

If it was a choice between a bullsh#t artist whos trophy hall rivalled every manager weve had bar one, compared to going further down this whole City Group alliance thing which paints us as a paltry serf to a financially doped EPL superpower, I know which one I would rather have.

Their leading candidate is being touted as the brains behind Pep, much like the clown who is installed across the river, but his only real gig as a manager ended after 14 games in Serie B. That should have alarm bells ringing.
The growing nepotism and installing us as the City Groups fluffer club should have them ringing even more.

RIght now a lot of my boxes are being ticked by one candidate:

Someone who comes in with the assurances that our "Chairman" really has no say in football matters.

Someone who is a proven winner.

Someone, like the last manager, doesnt take any sh#t from the hundits.

Someone who I dont have to worry about making me feel like he will be here for years because I know what they are all about - but thats ok, because we are the ones who can be mercenary now.

To me its a no brainer. This appoinent can put the uglies, the hunfits and the Lawwell conundrum to bed.

And when he goes scuttling back to the land of milk and honey, we will be able to call ourselves the most successful club in europe in terms of trophies won, (with the same club) and we can tell him, "thanks for the memories, dont let the door hit your arse on the way out".

Because mercenaries know their worth. And we are Glasgow Celtic.
Welcome to the Noise Tony. Obviously Brendan is a controversial choice as many fans will never forgive him. Personally I could live with it, but we would struggle to ever believe any shite he spouted.

Plus, I'd insist on him having Danny McGrain as his assistant manager so he could sit next to him at every match to remind him we know he is a bullshitter.

Welcome to the Noise Tony. Obviously Brendan is a controversial choice as many fans will never forgive him. Personally I could live with it, but we would struggle to ever believe any shite he spouted.

Plus, I'd insist on him having Danny McGrain as his assistant manager so he could sit next to him at every match to remind him we know he is a bullshitter.
Thanks Bridie Bhoy, i have enjoyed reading you guys for a long while now so it's appreciated.
After the last week, starting from a default position of "bullshit deflectors up" is fine by me, and as for Mr McGrain, the man has so much class as we seen from that whole cringey affair, he would probably still lend Rodgers the wealth of experience from an actual World Class player.
The other thing I wanted to mention more in that post is the position we are in in terms of trophies won. We have lived under this supremacist crap in more than football terms. The 2 clubs are just manifestations of the larger social positions of us and them. Their whole "we arra peeple", " we welcome the chase" crap we've had to listen to for decades can finally be made as relevant as an Ulster Unionist politicians job prospects. I have lost people who never got to see their demise and probably could never had imagined we would be where we stand just now. I dont want to wait a season longer than necessary to toast them and us when that point happens because I feel it is so significant to what we have come through and where we are. And the SMSM will have no choice but to finally report the truth lol. The Grey suit brigade who run our club dont give a shit about any of that, but if it takes kissing a devil who has burned us before to get that over the line and then piss off back to engurland, I can take that to get to that point. I dont trust assistant managers' having a go at management to do that.

Welcome to noise Tony. Us fans are divided on the BR becoming Celtic manager again. I understand it once bitten twice shy. It would not be impossible for BR to return if he apologised for walking out on us the last time. He would have to engage with the supporters with truth and humility. But IMHO I don't see him coming back. He said so himself he needs the break from football at this time. Now if he is appointed say next week then he has duped us again with his lies. No not for me BR returning.

I'm struggling to believe this post and poster is genuine???
How would any right minded celtic supporter welcome back the wee fuckin oompa loompa fake teeth perma tanned narcissistic lyin rat bastard back into the club?
If I was offered Rodgers or relegation next year, then I'd relegation all day long.
Has people got no fuckin principles?
The only way I would allow him back near celtic is by towing the wee cunt behind the car the whole way from Leicester.
Eaten bread is soon forgotten.
So if you're genuine with a genuine question, then it would be a no from me!

Thanks Bridie Bhoy, i have enjoyed reading you guys for a long while now so it's appreciated.
After the last week, starting from a default position of "bullshit deflectors up" is fine by me, and as for Mr McGrain, the man has so much class as we seen from that whole cringey affair, he would probably still lend Rodgers the wealth of experience from an actual World Class player.
The other thing I wanted to mention more in that post is the position we are in in terms of trophies won. We have lived under this supremacist crap in more than football terms. The 2 clubs are just manifestations of the larger social positions of us and them. Their whole "we arra peeple", " we welcome the chase" crap we've had to listen to for decades can finally be made as relevant as an Ulster Unionist politicians job prospects. I have lost people who never got to see their demise and probably could never had imagined we would be where we stand just now. I dont want to wait a season longer than necessary to toast them and us when that point happens because I feel it is so significant to what we have come through and where we are. And the SMSM will have no choice but to finally report the truth lol. The Grey suit brigade who run our club dont give a shit about any of that, but if it takes kissing a devil who has burned us before to get that over the line and then piss off back to engurland, I can take that to get to that point. I dont trust assistant managers' having a go at management to do that.
Welcome on board tony t…
The other thing I wanted to mention more in that post is the position we are in in terms of trophies won. We have lived under this supremacist crap in more than football terms. The 2 clubs are just manifestations of the larger social positions of us and them. Their whole "we arra peeple", " we welcome the chase" crap we've had to listen to for decades can finally be made as relevant as an Ulster Unionist politicians job prospects. I have lost people who never got to see their demise and probably could never had imagined we would be where we stand just now. I dont want to wait a season longer than necessary to toast them and us when that point happens because I feel it is so significant to what we have come through and where we are. And the SMSM will have no choice but to finally report the truth lol. The Grey suit brigade who run our club dont give a shit about any of that, but if it takes kissing a devil who has burned us before to get that over the line and then piss off back to engurland, I can take that to get to that point. I dont trust assistant managers' having a go at management to do

Welcome to noise Tony. Us fans are divided on the BR becoming Celtic manager again. I understand it once bitten twice shy. It would not be impossible for BR to return if he apologised for walking out on us the last time. He would have to engage with the supporters with truth and humility. But IMHO I don't see him coming back. He said so himself he needs the break from football at this time. Now if he is appointed say next week then he has duped us again with his lies. No not for me BR returning.
Thanks breadbhoy.
I get it believe me. I could never imagine me ever wanting him back before. But I completely bought in with AP, and since his departure, i have started to realise the only way not to be used in that way again, is to be the user. Like a spurned lover lol. I dont believe this board really want to expand us in europe, so if thats our options until a new regime comes in, I would rather we keep our boot on the uglies throats.
And I honestly think if we dive in further with the City Group with a poor under 23 coach, we will regret it a lot more than letting a proven manager who has let us down in the past back in.

I'm struggling to believe this post and poster is genuine???
How would any right minded celtic supporter welcome back the wee fuckin oompa loompa fake teeth perma tanned narcissistic lyin rat bastard back into the club?
If I was offered Rodgers or relegation next year, then I'd relegation all day long.
Has people got no fuckin principles?
The only way I would allow him back near celtic is by towing the wee cunt behind the car the whole way from Leicester.
Eaten bread is soon forgotten.
So if you're genuine with a genuine question, then it would be a no from me!
I have worried about my own existance for a while but I have a sore knee right now which leads me to think why would a glitch in the matrix have a sore knee.
What I would ask you is this?
Is the perma tanned egotist who can win trebles more dangerous than the perma tanned warm footed egotist Chairman who can sink us into more seasons of medocrity?
If the oompa loompa comes back with a remit which makes the Chairmans Football Manager career redundant is that worth more to us.
It is that and only that which has turned my head towards allowing that man back into the building.
You dont always get a chance to pick your enemies.

I have worried about my own existance for a while but I have a sore knee right now which leads me to think why would a glitch in the matrix have a sore knee.
What I would ask you is this?
Is the perma tanned egotist who can win trebles more dangerous than the perma tanned warm footed egotist Chairman who can sink us into more seasons of medocrity?
If the oompa loompa comes back with a remit which makes the Chairmans Football Manager career redundant is that worth more to us.
It is that and only that which has turned my head towards allowing that man back into the building.
You dont always get a chance to pick your enemies.
I've made my feelings clear on here many times about lawell. However the name on this thread is not Peter lawell, it's rat bastard or words to that effect. Infact I would let lawell manage the team before i would let the wee cunt back near the club. He's a horrible excuse for a human being and that includes away from football too. Absolutely no way in hell he should be even considered for the job and as brendan o'carroll said one time "even if you go to bed and dream about it, when you wake up you better fuckin apologise".

I knew this post would get a heavy backlash. I had the same emotional response to any thoughts of him coming back.
What happened in the last week has opened my eyes to what happens when we get too emotional about chest bumping badge kissing "heroes". There are no heroes in this sport right now. There is only us who are here before and after these people leave the building.
What worries me more than another mercenary coming back to manage our club, is our club being installed fully as being in the entertainment business. Thats what happens when you allow people like Peter and Mark Lawwell to use their "business links" in the City Group to dictate where we are going for the next few years as a club.
There is no-one who watched what happened with our appointment of AP who doesnt hand on heart believe we got extremely lucky after the Eddie Howe situation, and I dont blame our club for his dithering btw.
But its no coincedence that the last time we looked for a decent manager like Howe, the Lawwells were not in a position of power.
The point im making is, if we go ahead and appoint Enzo Maresca, Kevin Muscat or any other City Group non entity, we are officially in the lickspittle backslapping Lawwell business world. And for those who are sitting there waiting for the father to finally retire, guess what?
His son has now been manouvered into a position of significant power, and the only way is up for him and his "contacts in the game". We twitched when he was appointed but, we said, "Big Ange wont take any shite". Now Big Ange is offski.
If, whilst our major shareholder is still invested in us in some capacity, he is willing to give complete Footballing control to a manager, albeit just because they are muckers, and albeit, that man is a wee rat, we should grab that in the short term, because the alternative new and improved Lawwellball/City Group world to me is much more horrific, and a lot harder to reverse.

A proven winner :LOL: who got a top of the table epl club relegated :ROFLMAO:who's unemployed at the moment :love: fk him

A can't believe how fickle our support has become a bunch of entitled glory hunters reading through the forums it's deep rooted ,,,,the same pathetic shite ,,,oh but he can win us trophys ,,,oh but he can skelp the huns ,,,,,,oh there's nobody else ,, am feart ,,he gets celtic

LENNON could do all these things ,,and he did better in europe and in the transfer market ,,, and where did that get us ?

Rodgers is a knt a fkn rat that should be nowhere near our club bringing him back would be a huge mistake and this time he has no Chris davies with him who was the brains

You don't know who the leading candidate is so am guessing your going with what the dailys are printing ,,,,as if they know ,,,,,but let's say he is the leading candidate an unknown ,,,,,bit like ange ,,,,city group ,,,,yep check on that
do you think they hired him because he was mince ?

Said on earlier threads and seen the same on every Celtic site someones doing a heavy turd polishing to get the rat back in Celtic park a whole lot of turd polishing ,,,,,,,,and the fickle amongst us ,,,,the glory hunters are all dropping there drawers and getting lubed up for the big day

sometimes it's better to hang doors and pick another name apart from tony ,,,tony :mad:

I knew this post would get a heavy backlash. I had the same emotional response to any thoughts of him coming back.
What happened in the last week has opened my eyes to what happens when we get too emotional about chest bumping badge kissing "heroes". There are no heroes in this sport right now. There is only us who are here before and after these people leave the building.
What worries me more than another mercenary coming back to manage our club, is our club being installed fully as being in the entertainment business. Thats what happens when you allow people like Peter and Mark Lawwell to use their "business links" in the City Group to dictate where we are going for the next few years as a club.
There is no-one who watched what happened with our appointment of AP who doesnt hand on heart believe we got extremely lucky after the Eddie Howe situation, and I dont blame our club for his dithering btw.
But its no coincedence that the last time we looked for a decent manager like Howe, the Lawwells were not in a position of power.
The point im making is, if we go ahead and appoint Enzo Maresca, Kevin Muscat or any other City Group non entity, we are officially in the lickspittle backslapping Lawwell business world. And for those who are sitting there waiting for the father to finally retire, guess what?
His son has now been manouvered into a position of significant power, and the only way is up for him and his "contacts in the game". We twitched when he was appointed but, we said, "Big Ange wont take any shite". Now Big Ange is offski.
If, whilst our major shareholder is still invested in us in some capacity, he is willing to give complete Footballing control to a manager, albeit just because they are muckers, and albeit, that man is a wee rat, we should grab that in the short term, because the alternative new and improved Lawwellball/City Group world to me is much more horrific, and a lot harder to reverse.
You have fairly twisted your argument now. Originally it was would you take rat arse back, now it's get lawell out.
As I said at the start ...... I have my doubts about your motives.......

A proven winner :LOL: who got a top of the table epl club relegated :ROFLMAO:who's unemployed at the moment :love: fk him

A can't believe how fickle our support has become a bunch of entitled glory hunters reading through the forums it's deep rooted ,,,,the same pathetic shite ,,,oh but he can win us trophys ,,,oh but he can skelp the huns ,,,,,,oh there's nobody else ,, am feart ,,he gets celtic

LENNON could do all these things ,,and he did better in europe and in the transfer market ,,, and where did that get us ?

Rodgers is a knt a fkn rat that should be nowhere near our club bringing him back would be a huge mistake and this time he has no Chris davies with him who was the brains

You don't know who the leading candidate is so am guessing your going with what the dailys are printing ,,,,as if they know ,,,,,but let's say he is the leading candidate an unknown ,,,,,bit like ange ,,,,city group ,,,,yep check on that
do you think they hired him because he was mince ?

Said on earlier threads and seen the same on every Celtic site someones doing a heavy turd polishing to get the rat back in Celtic park a whole lot of turd polishing ,,,,,,,,and the fickle amongst us ,,,,the glory hunters are all dropping there drawers and getting lubed up for the big day

sometimes it's better to hang doors and pick another name apart from tony ,,,tony :mad:
Glory hunter? What does that mean? You dont want to win?
Entitled? I grew up watching their tainted 9 so I dont take any title win for granted.
Youre taking AP being a City Group manager as the same as the front runner, and it might be in the rags, but ahv no doubt with the Lawwells influence it will be a City Group appointment. Who will that be? AP has 25 years of winning everywhere he went. Is there any other City Group manager on their circuit who has anywhere near that? Hence why I said we were lucky and hence why he is the highest appointment from Scotland to the EPL, not because of the treble.
If i had my choice, it would be Knutsen, but the bigger issue for me is the unfettered power that is being put into place with the Lawwells at our club, and if it takes letting a tit who let us down before back into the club, and at our club in our league, a proven winner, if it could temper the Lawwells influence i would take that right now which is the point of the whole post.
But you would rather slate another supporter than take my point on the bigger picture for us. And my name is Tony, which im proud of, so dont get f#cking personal.

Members online

Latest posts

Back