Brexit and how it will affect Football.

Brexit hype = Bullshit.

Never been so much utter scaremongering pish banded about since the Millennium Bug when we were due to have planes falling out the sky and civilisation collapsing overnight.

Europe is 14% of the world market, opposed to 70% in the seventies.

The economy will adjust, the fatcats sucking form the Euro teat will have to actually put in some effort, ministers will have to earn their corn sorting out new trade deals, people used to drawing an easy civil service wage will have to WORK at it; one thing for sure it will sort out the truly enterprising at government level from the lame wage-thieves.

The idea that there will be an abandoned wasteland of an island where Britain once stood is the hypothetical terror gripping the terribly-pleased-with-themselves avaricious, socially-mobile upper middle classes who have been affronted that the peasants voted to quit.

The guy who should hang for it is posh twat Cameron, smug Etonain prick who thought the masses were too dumb to go against the ruling classes.

So democracy won, like it or not.

Personally, I'd like us to become the fifty-first state of the USA (if we're not already), adopt the US dollar as currency, persuade Trump to plough in billions and allow me to swagger about the place with a six-gun sidearm and ten-gallon hat, tipping it to burds as I quip, 'Ma'am', pretending I'm a railroad man, about to embark on a historical link-up between Prestwick and Orlando by railroad bridge across the Atlantic.

But, hey, I'm just one voter with a dream...
Yeh Democracy won. Based on LIES. Oh Hitler was elected too, and Putin.
As for Trump! Don't make me laugh. He'd rename the country Great Trumpland.

Last edited:
Brexit hype = Bullshit.

Never been so much utter scaremongering pish banded about since the Millennium Bug when we were due to have planes falling out the sky and civilisation collapsing overnight.

The economy will adjust, the fatcats sucking form the Euro teat will have to actually put in some effort, ministers will have to earn their corn sorting out new trade deals, people used to drawing an easy civil service wage will have to WORK at it; one thing for sure it will sort out the truly enterprising at government level from the lame wage-thieves.

The idea that there will be an abandoned wasteland of an island where Britain once stood is the hypothetical terror gripping the terribly-pleased-with-themselves avaricious, socially-mobile upper middle classes who have been affronted that the peasants voted to quit.

The guy who should hang for it is posh twat Cameron, smug Etonain prick who thought the masses were too dumb to go against the ruling classes.

So democracy won, like it or not.

Personally, I'd like us to become the fifty-first state of the USA (if we're not already), adopt the US dollar as currency, persuade Trump to plough in billions and allow me to swagger about the place with a six-gun sidearm and ten-gallon hat, tipping it to burds as I quip, 'Ma'am', pretending I'm a railroad man, about to embark on a historical link-up between Prestwick and Orlando by railroad bridge across the Atlantic.

But, hey, I'm just one voter with a dream...

Aye but the vast majority of what we import/export makes it's way through that 14% of the world market and Brexit (No deal looking the most likely outcome now) will make that far more difficult and far more expensive as tariffs will apply under WTO rules. The economy will adjust as you say but it will also shrink and we all know who ends up paying the biggest price when the economy finds itself in bother, the same people who were made to pony up for the 2008 global banking fraud, yep us wee peasants again!

The fatcats sucking on the Euro teat will just find another teat to suck on by selling us out through future trade deals that will make them even more money but will expose us wee peasants of the UK to all sorts of nefarious shit and they will be aided and abetted in that by the very same gang of civil servants and smug Etonian pricks that Cameron belongs to. It's also worth noting that those countries the UK government are looking to do trade deals with know fine well how much the UK needs those deals and that puts the UK at a disadvantage in any negotiations. Theses countries can make all sorts of demands and the UK either has to bend to their will or walk away empty handed. In fact a US led group of countries are already trying to turn the screw by rejecting the UK's proposal of how it wants to trade under the WTO rules so imagine how they're going to act when it comes to negotiating bilateral trade deals. The worrying thing about that is that these particular countries are supposed to be the UK's western allies so it doesn't bode well when you start talking about doing trade deals with others like China if this is how the UK's actual allies are acting.

The entire UK won't end up the bleak abandoned wasteland some are claiming but there WILL be an economic price to pay for Brexit and job losses are inevitable. Parts of the UK will pay a higher price to fulfil the Brexit dream than others and we only have to look at the deal May is trying to push through to know who they are willing to sacrifice at the Brexit altar.

To get round the NI border problem May has done a deal that means NI would have closer regulatory alignment with the EU than the rest of the UK. That would mean NI would be a better, safer and cheaper option than say Scotland or Wales would be for international investment and job creation as there is less cost and bureaucratic red tape to negotiate. Also you can bet whatever happens the financial/banking sector will get some sort of special status because they after all are the puppet masters and that will mean London and the SE will also have an economic advantage over Scotland, Wales and the north of England which will shield them from the worst pitfalls of Brexit. We shouldn't be under any illusions here this is a clear indication of who the UK Government are willing to throw under the Brexit bus.

I can assure you Sandman I'm not one of the socially-mobile upper middle class types, some wealthy fatcat or part of the neoliberal elite I'm a working class Glaswegian who would be front and centre when it came to telling those smug Etonian pricks, their establishment cronies and their banker mates to go fuck themselves and I'm under no illusions about the very same vested interests being in the EU camp either but as much as I agree there has been plenty of hyperbolic end of days level scaremongering going on there's also no point pretending Brexit is going to be some economic and cultural Nirvana where we're all going to live in a land of milk and honey either.

Brexit is basically a shit sandwich where we're all arguing about what kind of bread we want while the architects of it are getting ready to order themselves a glass of champagne and a big fucking juicy steak and we'll be the ones who end up paying the fucking bill like always.

HH Sandman.

Aye but the vast majority of what we import/export makes it's way through that 14% of the world market and Brexit (No deal looking the most likely outcome now) will make that far more difficult and far more expensive as tariffs will apply under WTO rules. The economy will adjust as you say but it will also shrink and we all know who ends up paying the biggest price when the economy finds itself in bother, the same people who were made to pony up for the 2008 global banking fraud, yep us wee peasants again!

The fatcats sucking on the Euro teat will just find another teat to suck on by selling us out through future trade deals that will make them even more money but will expose us wee peasants of the UK to all sorts of nefarious shit and they will be aided and abetted in that by the very same gang of civil servants and smug Etonian pricks that Cameron belongs to. It's also worth noting that those countries the UK government are looking to do trade deals with know fine well how much the UK needs those deals and that puts the UK at a disadvantage in any negotiations. Theses countries can make all sorts of demands and the UK either has to bend to their will or walk away empty handed. In fact a US led group of countries are already trying to turn the screw by rejecting the UK's proposal of how it wants to trade under the WTO rules so imagine how they're going to act when it comes to negotiating bilateral trade deals. The worrying thing about that is that these particular countries are supposed to be the UK's western allies so it doesn't bode well when you start talking about doing trade deals with others like China if this is how the UK's actual allies are acting.

The entire UK won't end up the bleak abandoned wasteland some are claiming but there WILL be an economic price to pay for Brexit and job losses are inevitable. Parts of the UK will pay a higher price to fulfil the Brexit dream than others and we only have to look at the deal May is trying to push through to know who they are willing to sacrifice at the Brexit altar.

To get round the NI border problem May has done a deal that means NI would have closer regulatory alignment with the EU than the rest of the UK. That would mean NI would be a better, safer and cheaper option than say Scotland or Wales would be for international investment and job creation as there is less cost and bureaucratic red tape to negotiate. Also you can bet whatever happens the financial/banking sector will get some sort of special status because they after all are the puppet masters and that will mean London and the SE will also have an economic advantage over Scotland, Wales and the north of England which will shield them from the worst pitfalls of Brexit. We shouldn't be under any illusions here this is a clear indication of who the UK Government are willing to throw under the Brexit bus.

I can assure you Sandman I'm not one of the socially-mobile upper middle class types, some wealthy fatcat or part of the neoliberal elite I'm a working class Glaswegian who would be front and centre when it came to telling those smug Etonian pricks, their establishment cronies and their banker mates to go fuck themselves and I'm under no illusions about the very same vested interests being in the EU camp either but as much as I agree there has been plenty of hyperbolic end of days level scaremongering going on there's also no point pretending Brexit is going to be some economic and cultural Nirvana where we're all going to live in a land of milk and honey either.

Brexit is basically a shit sandwich where we're all arguing about what kind of bread we want while the architects of it are getting ready to order themselves a glass of champagne and a big fucking juicy steak and we'll be the ones who end up paying the fucking bill like always.

HH Sandman.
Contemplated putting a wee note up regarding my own thoughts on brexit and the future of football.

Decided it would be like following Elvis on the karaoke after that.

Says it all really........another brilliant post!

[B]Celtic Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]CelticFC[/B] 2h2 hours ago

“Surgery went really well! Thanks for all your support
1f340.png
Finally I look like a proper defender
1f44a-1f3fb.png
1f609.png

DsDUOHdXQAAAleo.jpg

Contemplated putting a wee note up regarding my own thoughts on brexit and the future of football.

Decided it would be like following Elvis on the karaoke after that.

Says it all really........another brilliant post!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: In my best Elvis voice: 'Thank ye very much' SP.

Really doesn't matter who's Leave or Remain now mate because both, especially the working classes of both camps, are going to get shafted big time whatever happens.

HH SP.

HH Sandman.
A

HH Sandman.
Andy, i'm not (and never have been) a massive fan of stats, data, or facts.

The only stats I really put any stock in are the ones that state that Celtic are top of the league.

I do enjoy reasoned and rational projections and theories that are based on personal experience and knowledge.

As far as I can see, you've hit every key-point that would be a prospective reality post-brexit.

If you're taking requests, my personal favourite would be a rendition of Suspicious Minds (dedicated to glibby and level 5 comms).........fuck it, can you just give them rendition in the American military fashion!

Jesus.......the (we hate Gerry) Addams family are scarier than I remember!

I preferred the Munsters........especially the Flying Column
Why do they still think its about the IRA. These guys are into running communties for their own benefit and hide behind a tory Government that allow it as long as the vote keeps them in power, gansters and fraudsters the lot of them.

This is what sharks look out for and if you look at this photo and think liquidation and the watching of icebergs getting bigger you will understand, Dave King and co.
so easy.jpg

A
Andy, i'm not (and never have been) a massive fan of stats, data, or facts.

The only stats I really put any stock in are the ones that state that Celtic are top of the league.

I do enjoy reasoned and rational projections and theories that are based on personal experience and knowledge.

As far as I can see, you've hit every key-point that would be a prospective reality post-brexit.

If you're taking requests, my personal favourite would be a rendition of Suspicious Minds (dedicated to glibby and level 5 comms).........fuck it, can you just give them rendition in the American military fashion!

:ROFLMAO: Suspicious Minds is a good choice SP but what about Jailhouse Rock (the Guantanamo Bay acoustic version) surely that would be more appropriate!

HH mate.

Members online

Latest posts

Back