Bury Football Club (Merged)

26+6=1

Interesting BBC article about Bury FC which has been given until Friday by the English FA to show it can pay off creditors and show it has the funds to operate by this Friday. They have already had administration and a CVA and are now heading for liquidation. It would be interesting to hear BBC Scotland's take on the story which has no mention of engine room subsidiaries or holding company vehicles.
Well worth a read for comparative interest,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49414602

Interesting BBC article about Bury FC which has been given until Friday by the English FA to show it can pay off creditors and show it has the funds to operate by this Friday. They have already had administration and a CVA and are now heading for liquidation. It would be interesting to hear BBC Scotland's take on the story which has no mention of engine room subsidiaries or holding company vehicles.
Well worth a read for comparative interest,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49414602
Yes PMM ,am watching this with interest ,they have missed a few good games,hh

Watching bbc news this morning ,questions are being ask re FA not following proper procedure re ‘fit and proper persons ,and finance in place ‘seemingly they where only concerned about any criminal activity, hmmmm, makes you think ,! Hh
Hahahahahaha who'd a thunk that criminal activity could take place at a football club, eh???

I mean, what about sporting integrity and the Corinthian spirit?

I'm just glad that that doesn't happen in Scotland........

Whit? Criminal activity in football? Are you sure? Well thank the Lord for UEFA and their anti-corruption stance. UEFA is all about inclusiveness and fairness. (Just don't turn your back on them ) they might steal your telly , your money and your ba' if you disagree with the all inclusive , collective f*k you and f*k everybody else and their club policy

All bs aside It's actually a very sad state of affairs 130 years of history down the drain. Could only happen in bury. That would never happen in Glasgow not out ibrokes way at least as they'd have every PPI and salesmen behind them. Oh and the sfa and UEFA
It is sad, Winter, I don't doubt that for a second; however - this is something that's always likely to happen in a country where there are well over 100 professional football clubs. Particularly in the North-West of England where there is one football club per 40, 000 people in that region.

It's an issue in Scotland too where many clubs have a false sense of their historical significance.

There are two clubs in the same street in Dundee?

If the population of Dundee supported only Dundee or Dundee United, then perhaps that could be sustainable, but the reality is that there are probably around 7-10 thousand Celtic fans in Dundee and 4-5 thousand zombies.

Even those young lads and lassies that would be traditionally more inclined to support the local clubs are now more likely to be Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea supporters because of the saturation of EPL pish.

The industrial heartland of the English North-West has been decimated over the last century. Places like Rochdale, Bury, Stockport and Altrincham are on their uppers and the residents of these towns are less likely to follow their local clubs and hitch a tram to Manchester or travel to Liverpool.

Perhaps amalgamating resources might be a solution, but in many cases pride would rather let fans see their side sink rather than hitch up with a local rival.

The big clubs don't give a shit, it's just an opportunity to grab another couple of thousand potential customers as far as they're concerned.

Never, that goes completely against the currantybun spirit
Hi
It is sad, Winter, I don't doubt that for a second; however - this is something that's always likely to happen in a country where there are well over 100 professional football clubs. Particularly in the North-West of England where there is one football club per 40, 000 people in that region.

It's an issue in Scotland too where many clubs have a false sense of their historical significance.

There are two clubs in the same street in Dundee?

If the population of Dundee supported only Dundee or Dundee United, then perhaps that could be sustainable, but the reality is that there are probably around 7-10 thousand Celtic fans in Dundee and 4-5 thousand zombies.

Even those young lads and lassies that would be traditionally more inclined to support the local clubs are now more likely to be Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea supporters because of the saturation of EPL pish.

The industrial heartland of the English North-West has been decimated over the last century. Places like Rochdale, Bury, Stockport and Altrincham are on their uppers and the residents of these towns are less likely to follow their local clubs and hitch a tram to Manchester or travel to Liverpool.

Perhaps amalgamating resources might be a solution, but in many cases pride would rather let fans see their side sink rather than hitch up with a local rival.

The big clubs don't give a shit, it's just an opportunity to grab another couple of thousand potential customers as far as they're concerned.
Aye very true , too many glory hunters and I could say the same for some of our own Celtic fans. Re. The Dundee clubs they should be playing out of the same stadium I've always believed this, goid enough for the milan clubs then goid enough for the dundonians even if I can't understand a spoken word they say at 150mph ye ken? ?

We don't have a reserve league. Buy Bury and send the Development team down there. Toe in the water approach. Bury Celtic and Glasgow Celtic - separate but brothers, capable of drawing support from the entire Celtic family.

Bury Celtic?

I think I know what those that hate us will do with that name if it were to come to pass ?

Hi

Aye very true , too many glory hunters and I could say the same for some of our own Celtic fans. Re. The Dundee clubs they should be playing out of the same stadium I've always believed this, goid enough for the milan clubs then goid enough for the dundonians even if I can't understand a spoken word they say at 150mph ye ken? ?
At the very least, Winter, but dinnae be dingyin the dulcet Dundonian dialect, ken whut eh mean like.

When Scotland and Ireland were proposing their joint bid for the European Championships, there were big plans for a municipal stadium to be built which would then be shared. It was going to be a multi-purpose venue for athletics, football and music, but that fell by the wayside as soon as the bid was jettisoned.

Both stadiums are in a central location and prime sites for redevelopment. The council also pitched two sites for the potential new build at Camperdown and Caird Park. A new multi-million pound sports facility is almost complete at Caird Park. For a few dollars more, it could have been a purpose built stadium.

That may be a very good idea ! But how legal would it be ?hh

How legal are Dual Contracts Side Letters and winning titles and trophies disingenuously?

I'm sure our legal time will be shrewd and savvy enough to push this kind of thing through

If not forget the hotel and hire a legal team in who could who could deliver this

HH?

Last edited:
Perfectly legal, ask Salsburg and Leipzig, they despite being owned by Red bull could play each other in Europe. But needs a better name than Bury Celtic, sounds to much like wishful thinking from our haters ?
Strange thing about that part of the world though. It was another one of those areas where Irish migrants flocked to during the displacement.

A lot of residual anti-Irish sentiments because of the cheap labour the Irish provided all throughout Lancashire and while it doesn't compare to the pish up here, it's still evident in some of the wee enclaves.

Plus, I'm no sure I want to be associated with a town that gave the world Robert Peel???

Perfectly legal, ask Salsburg and Leipzig, they despite being owned by Red bull could play each other in Europe. But needs a better name than Bury Celtic, sounds to much like wishful thinking from our haters ?

I think I''ve solved that particular conundrum as the town is called Bury St Edmunds so change the name to Celtic St Edmunds. Interestingly the town is named after St Edmund the martyr who was killed by Ubba and Ivar Lothbrook the sons of Ragnar and descendants of Ajer Ironsides so in a way this would be an act of healing and conquest Rolloed into one.

Strange thing about that part of the world though. It was another one of those areas where Irish migrants flocked to during the displacement.

A lot of residual anti-Irish sentiments because of the cheap labour the Irish provided all throughout Lancashire and while it doesn't compare to the pish up here, it's still evident in some of the wee enclaves.

Plus, I'm no sure I want to be associated with a town that gave the world Robert Peel???

Could be worse Could be associated with Orange Peel

HH?

Last edited:
Back