Call It Out – Are Religious Discrimination and Religious Bigotry not a form of Racism?

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member

Call It Out – Are Religious Discrimination and Religious Bigotry not a form of Racism?...​

Spot on! Whits the point ae retrospectively sending SCUM Players aff when the 3 pts are in the bag! 🤬🤬🤬🤬.. Even wae 3 draws in these games the gap would be 15 with 2 games in hand & 2 games against the FILTH bringing the gap to 3! 3 defeats would bring Parity!! 🙄🙄🙄.. If u look thru their Forums they're STILL SHITEING thereselves coz they know say 2 defeats wid send them intae ULTIMATE IMPLOSION! Canny see Killie or DUtd daeing anything but by Fuk wouldn't it be SOOPERB if they Did! 🤣🤣🤣🤣.. Baith Fighting fur Sumit.. Killie relegation & Utd tap 6!! You just NEVER KNOW🤔🤔🤔

The U.K. Government own statistics on discrimination/hate crime show that Scots/Scots-Irish Catholics are the most abused group in the UK.
That was a couple of years ago though, but I'm sure it's still the same.

This was reported in 2020 I believe Richy. And someone mentioned it on LBC. Unfortunately on that occasion it was lost in the BLM, antisemitism and islamaphobia conversation. Taking the knee has changed from the fight against racism to the fight against all discrimination in world football. It would be interesting to see how many players would stay on their feet if, for one week, in Scotland, it was suggested that the knee represents the fight against anti-irish bigotry and sectarianism.
In a country (UK) where Black sport stars criticise the system (Rashford, Sterling, Danny Rose to name a few) and are fully supported for their views by the media and politicians but James McLean does the same thing and is hounded and abused by the same people....

Spot on Frank and some very pertinent points raised.

If someone in the public eye is scared to pop his head up on these matters because their career would be in ruins, then it's even harder for the rest of us. When I first joined the blogosphere of football forums I had hope that we would have a voice regarding these issues, unfortunately the MSN ignore as do the authorities anti Catholic and Irish bigotry in the workplace and sporting environment. Like you I was convinced that the cheating would be off the charts this season and I even thought of starting a thread to highlight decisions that were obviously wrong but felt it would get marginalised with arguments about fouls and corners etc, whats needed is someone to correlate the major decisions against and for teams and present it to each and every board and media outlet, initially it wont change much and will even be ridiculed in some quarters, but if its done properly eventually notice will be taken.

But you are right places like here (The Celtic Star) and other independent Celtic forums need to highlight this, I would also ask that the Celtic Trust take onboard these matters and ask Celtic PLC what if anything it can do.

I have been heartened by the BLM campaign and its its obviously a world wide matter, also now whenever anyone from an ethnic community is attacked on the web its getting highlighted in the press, these attacks are not new its just that they are news due to the never ending war against the bigotry, it is something that I hope people with more clout than me can muster here in Scotland and a few other places in defence of my religion and football allegiance.

H.H

Spot on! Whits the point ae retrospectively sending SCUM Players aff when the 3 pts are in the bag! 🤬🤬🤬🤬.. Even wae 3 draws in these games the gap would be 15 with 2 games in hand & 2 games against the FILTH bringing the gap to 3! 3 defeats would bring Parity!! 🙄🙄🙄.. If u look thru their Forums they're STILL SHITEING thereselves coz they know say 2 defeats wid send them intae ULTIMATE IMPLOSION! Canny see Killie or DUtd daeing anything but by Fuk wouldn't it be SOOPERB if they Did! 🤣🤣🤣🤣.. Baith Fighting fur Sumit.. Killie relegation & Utd tap 6!! You just NEVER KNOW🤔🤔🤔
If ,GOD FORBID it becomes mathematically impossible for us to win the league and there's a few games left just wait and see how many penalties and red cards they get then to "even it up for the history books"operation stop the ten in full swing.

In the eyes of ignorant racists, ( and that, by definition, means ALL racists ) it can't be racist if the person being abused has the same skin tone as the abuser...yes, I know ! However, religious abuse/ discrimination happens between folk of the same colour and culture, so strictly speaking it's not racist. I think the question we should ask is religious abuse just as bad as racism ?
For me, the answer is absolutely yes. Both are forms of intolerance, both are usually spawned from the mouths of brainless morons. In fairness I think we have to concede it's a two way street. Where we see abusive actions we sadly, but maybe understandably, get reaction. As far as the two way street argument goes, well, the volume isn't quite the same in both directions.

Call It Out – Are Religious Discrimination and Religious Bigotry not a form of Racism?...​

It's longoverdue maybe now with the BLM movement with the correct guidance certain organisations might get bit of movement on some stuff a start at least a proper start I mean on the long road to eradication 🤞

Another brilliant article WC and one that raises many questions that are still relevant today.
This question about bigotry, racism and religion regarding celtic and serco scum is one that in fairness I don't believe will ever go away and sadly it is one where the bitterness and hatred will stem from Ireland itself.
I would be a Catholic celtic supporter from Ireland, and detest serco scum with a passion along with the crown and the British establishment in general. I may be a Catholic but that don't make me a huge fan of the Catholic Church for all it's wrong doings of the past especially within Ireland. Nor would I ever hold a religion that is given to you as a baby against anyone in general.
Saying that I don't hate serco scum for being a proddy club more so for what the scum stand for and glorify.
The 2 most hated symbols in my life are those of the serco scum Jersey and the poppy, the Jersey for what it represents and stands for and I chose to look upon the poppy as a symbol of the British army and empire in general even though others may disagree.
So would I take offence to seeing either of them in the Republic, better believe I would. The way I look at it is there are plenty of places you can go with these 2 symbols of bitterness and hate but the Republic of Ireland isn't one or should never be one of those places.
If that in tune makes me also a bigot and a racist for having such beliefs then a bigot and a racist I shall die as they will never change.
I once had a disagreement with a Celtic friend in Dublin who will always claim celtic is an Irish club, I will claim it is a Scottish club built on Irish heritage. I would never claim celtic is a Catholic club even though much of our support stems from Catholic and Irish roots.
Also I do believe football should be a neutral area but in Glasgow and the North of lreland this seems of never going to be the case. I am sure there are good people who follow serco scum but I have never met 1 or have any desire to ever meet 1 either.
As proud as I would be to see the tricolour flying proudly within celtic Park, I would also place criticism upon Celtic for not promoting how much they have done for producing players for the Scottish national team, more so than any other in recent times, maybe this is an area we should consider promoting more so but very hard to with the corrupt bastards within the Scottish FA.
I will always support Ireland before Scotland weather it be football or rugby and will always support whoever England are playing no matter what. The same way I will never have respect for a HUN bastard who's thick zombie arrogant attitude is to glorify the death of Irish Catholics, they can all fuck off to hell

The U.K. Government own statistics on discrimination/hate crime show that Scots/Scots-Irish Catholics are the most abused group in the UK.
That was a couple of years ago though, but I'm sure it's still the same.
a quick look at the act of succesion which forbids catholics from accesion to the throne and prime minister although the latter has been disputed nevertheless has never occured says everything we need to know about discrimination in this country

100% spot on.
I haven’t recently joined the trust and will be hoping that revamp of referees will be one their agendas . Refs should have to declare club / and if members of any organisations .
As someone from Belfast who have seen rise of Sinn Fein into power. Not everyone’s cup of tea but they do look after our communities interest most the time and you know they would not stand for discrimination toward our community .
I look at Scotland and I don’t see a political party that will stand up to this discrimination. I see individuals who won’t rock the boat too much as mentioned in above article.
so maybe it’s time a party was created , start off as a protest candidate in some areas to see how it goes . There are irish immigrant communities all over Scotland , so I see it as more than just Celtic fans here and to succeed would need to appeal to more than just Celtic fans .
it’s an idea than maybe after we look at revamping the club is something that seriously needs looked at.

Back