Carl Starfelt appreciation thread

Ange thinks he's doing a good job for celtic so do I. Even henrick had an of day.of course he has a mistake in him so has every player.from his first few matches until now it's night and day.look no play gets any better by being slagged by thier own support look he'll make more mistakes and so will every other player when it happens I'd leave it in anges hands his man management skills are excellent.

To make the understatement of the year, he didn't have his best game yesterday. Arguably, he cost us a goal when Hibs scored on a corner. But I think Michael Stewart was a bit harsh in the broadcast yesterday by spending most of the game slagging him, and I trust the coaching staff in knowing when and when not to play him.

To all the fuckin whingers. Suck on this.....
View attachment 17012
Top post Deadner this is to all the Celtic family we should stand as one players come players go.
They have good days they have bad days but they wear the HOOPS
We’re not like the Scum
We’re Glasgow’s green and white.
Faithful through and Through. YNWA is more than a song it’s our Creedo we support a club like no other
Mon the Hoops

HH Deadner

The media lackies know they can’t get the better of Ange with their inane dreadful questions so they will go down the road of continually pummelling Starfelt in an attempt to force his hand and then claim they were right all along and Ange wasn’t.
The big man will do it his way, if the time comes he will drop Starfelt, but it will be when he feels its right and not when the likes of Craighun or similar say it should be.

Certainly not prepared to slag him off and I said this to my sons before yesterday, but I do think CCF and young Welsh is, just now, our strongest pairing. Welsh has come on a ton. Sorry if this post doesn’t meet the title of the thread but seemed appropriate to give an opinion
HH

The media lackies know they can’t get the better of Ange with their inane dreadful questions so they will go down the road of continually pummelling Starfelt in an attempt to force his hand and then claim they were right all along and Ange wasn’t.
The big man will do it his way, if the time comes he will drop Starfelt, but it will be when he feels its right and not when the likes of Craighun or similar say it should be.
Exactly b4l in Ange we trust.

Certainly not prepared to slag him off and I said this to my sons before yesterday, but I do think CCF and young Welsh is, just now, our strongest pairing. Welsh has come on a ton. Sorry if this post doesn’t meet the title of the thread but seemed appropriate to give an opinion
HH
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it turns to abuse and obsessive abuse at that, then it comes to a time called stop. There were several players yesterday who were poor, but a lot of them were playing in their first major cup final for Celtic and all the pressure that comes with that. So its only natural that they were nervous. Certain players annoy people at times and I'm no different, but jaysus we've just won our first trophy under a new manager who we all thought would take a year to get any sort of result out of a completely overhauled squad. It's nothin short of a small miracle and whether people like it or not, starfelt played his part in winning that trophy.

To all the fuckin whingers. Suck on this.....
View attachment 17012
Never had a great game yesterday but overall he has been good for us. Since coming back from his injury I think he has strolled it in most games.
Who the fuck is Steven Craigan to be critical of any defender. He was absolutely useless, would love to sit with him and go through some of his games & ask him to explain his displays

I think it would be fair to say the jury is out on this one, had a terrible game on Sunday, think Wednesday's ross county game affected him badly, once you get a reputation, teams target you exacerbating the situation
Then again stein said the jersey is too big for some people it doesn’t shrink to fit inferior players

I don't like giving Celtic players a hard time and have defended Starfelt many times, but he struggled badly yesterday afternoon in the second half and in my opinion he should have been taken off as he looked like he would make an error anytime the ball went near him.

Having said that, I still think he might come good once he understands the speed and physicality of the game here, as he has shown in some of his recent performances.

Was he still suffering from the effects of the Ross County game? Maybe his upcoming enforced suspension will allow him to regroup and come back stronger. I certainly hope so as we need him to.

Well said Deadner
Would love it if the big man scored against the Huns
Then we'd hear how great he is from those who slagg him constantly
I remember more than a few players who struggled at first when they came to Celtic, then turned into Celtic heroes, give it time, there's a decent centre half in there
He's part of Ange's team and he deserves our support
I wonder if everyone slagging him and others, have ever played the game at a decent level

Well done Carl Starfelt that winners medal must look good on the sideboard

YNWA

Vickers is a far better defender and id have Welsh in there instead of him.When he makes a mistake he seems to fall to pieces but what the fuck do i know . Every defender makes mistakes..thats fitbaw .HH
He'll come around and be a good defender as the season goes on
The Celtic shirt is a heavy burden to carry and you don't get a lot of time to rise to fill it
He was on good from prior to his injury which knocked him back
I believe he'll come through and shine for us
But, like you say...wtf does any of us know...it's all 'opinions'
HH
And Merry Christmas Big Man

He'll come around and be a good defender as the season goes on
The Celtic shirt is a heavy burden to carry and you don't get a lot of time to rise to fill it
He was on good from prior to his injury which knocked him back
I believe he'll come through and shine for us
But, like you say...wtf does any of us know...it's all 'opinions'
HH
And Merry Christmas Big Man
Merry Christmas D 👍

I don't believe in hatred towards any Celtic player, but fuck me Starfish was absolute shite yesterday, doesn't mean I hate the bhoy and certainly doesn't mean I don't want to see him turn into a great Celtic player, hope to fuck he does but he was truly terrible yesterday, pretending otherwise is just daft.
How much grief did Lennon get last season? Much of it completely over the top, bordering on hatred for a guy who'd given so much to Celtic? I disagreed with the hatred but fans have a right to express their opinion.

Back