CCV

Maeda was confirmed over a week ago by his old Japanese club. His loan deal automatically became permanent this summer.

I think Jota is pretty much a done deal too (I know, I know).

It is wonderful for the second window in a row we are getting in players early so they are more settled and integrated into the squad BEFORE the season starts.
The fact that Jota is on holiday wearing Hoops makes me think he wants to be a Tim, again with CCV he'd be a fantastic signing, absolutely fantastic.

Maybe he should put his head down in training and fight for his place instead of moaning to anyone who will listen. He has taken a lot of coinage from us for little commitment
Surprise that the department of employment
no been at his door to see if he wants a job somewhere like trolly collector at one of the supermarkets, Surely the fraud squad will be investigating his claiming a weekly wage, some length of sickness period

Back in the day if a centre half banged his knee on a post he would just spit on it, give it a rub and get on with it. He has been missing longer than the face painters cheque
A wee bit unfair mate, back in the black and white days, knee ligament damage was a career ending injury, why is he not been given a chance back in the 1st team? Is it he has a bad attitude and ange isn't having any of the sultry French petulance, or is he not playing at the same levels pre-injury, is he finished at the top level 🤷‍♂️

Back in the day if a centre half banged his knee on a post he would just spit on it, give it a rub and get on with it. He has been missing longer than the face painters cheque
Absolutely M
I am old enough to remember them days Late 50s/early 60s
players like John Cushly,John,MacNamee,John Kurila, Big Billy and many more , cold wet sponge, right up and get on with it,know I sound
like a old Dinosaur and it is different times but I as I said before they were the days of Wooden Ships and Iron men nowadays Iron Ships and Wooden men. Length of time big JUDY has been out in my eyes is shocking well again omo
it’s as I see football now ,the term (plastic football players)comes to mind or Mollycoddled
Well I suppose that’s the modern way as I say omo

A wee bit unfair mate, back in the black and white days, knee ligament damage was a career ending injury, why is he not been given a chance back in the 1st team? Is it he has a bad attitude and ange isn't having any of the sultry French petulance, or is he not playing at the same levels pre-injury, is he finished at the top level 🤷‍♂️
I think it was CCV and Starfelt had developed a successful partnership and we needed to make sure we won every single point untill the last couple of games. If the title was safe a couple of weeks before then Jullien probably would have been given a run out.

Absolutely M
I am old enough to remember them days Late 50s/early 60s
players like John Cushly,John,MacNamee,John Kurila, Big Billy and many more , cold wet sponge, right up and get on with it,know I sound
like a old Dinosaur and it is different times but I as I said before they were the days of Wooden Ships and Iron men nowadays Iron Ships and Wooden men. Length of time big JUDY has been out in my eyes is shocking well again omo
it’s as I see football now ,the term (plastic football players)comes to mind or Mollycoddled
Well I suppose that’s the modern way as I say omo
Medical science has moved on since the 50-60’s players and doctors take more care, players are club assets, with some player’s costing £350 million, they have better knowledge nowadays, back in the day a player was finished at 30, now it’s 35-37
Sports science wasn’t even a thing back then, even right up to the late 80’s players were getting blootered every night, team bus used to stop at a fish and chip shop on the way home, washed down with 1/2 dozen cans, nowadays it’s all isotonic drinks ,chicken and pasta…….makes you wonder how much better the lions would have been if the didn’t “abuse” their bodies to the extent we now know they did 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back