Celtic AGM - The Persistent Elephant in the Room and Peter Lawwell's Mysterious Resistance

Been living abroad these past 12 years...been to see us play Lazio away , Benfica away and the League cup semi against the Huns when Griff and commons scored
Docco, the supporters are always going to be the blood flowing through Celtic's veins.

The support will always be the heart and soul of Celtic, but sometimes it's fun just to watch the football.

When folk start going to games just to watch the fans, then they'd be as well going to a zoo or, heaven forbid, watch Love Island.

It's great to be a part of something bigger than yourself, but that only makes up one part of being a Celtic supporter. A lot of what makes us fans is in dealing with days like today and knowing that tomorrow might be a little better and that Our Team will play well and make us forget about some of the other shite going on.

It's still about the football, mate........always about the football.

Time for like minded Celtic fans to band together and merge with St Rochs or a team of that standing and start over again like Man Utd. fans did.
NINTCHDBPICT000004768694.jpg

Docco, the supporters are always going to be the blood flowing through Celtic's veins.

The support will always be the heart and soul of Celtic, but sometimes it's fun just to watch the football.

When folk start going to games just to watch the fans, then they'd be as well going to a zoo or, heaven forbid, watch Love Island.

It's great to be a part of something bigger than yourself, but that only makes up one part of being a Celtic supporter. A lot of what makes us fans is in dealing with days like today and knowing that tomorrow might be a little better and that Our Team will play well and make us forget about some of the other shite going on.

Hail Hail buddy🍀

I was thinking more of the die hard man utd fans who became disillusioned about what their club had become and formed FCUM... Celtic fans need to take control of Celtic and bring it back to what it once stood for instead of a modern day corporate driven theme park 👍

Reactions: Jpw
I was thinking more of the die hard man utd fans who became disillusioned about what their club had become and formed FCMU.... Celtic fans need to take control of Celtic and bring it back to what it once stood for instead of a modern day corporate driven theme park 👍
Docco, FC United are as bent as a make watch. The clown that financed Salford and Valencia was backhanding them to high heaven and the lads that were all high and mighty about the Glaziers were soon kicking aboot in decent cars and the like.

Love the theory, but I also like theory that dizzy Lizzie is a lizard person.......no entirely sure that that's the case though.

I was thinking more of the die hard man utd fans who became disillusioned about what their club had become and formed FCUM... Celtic fans need to take control of Celtic and bring it back to what it once stood for instead of a modern day corporate driven theme park 👍
I hear what you're sayin but it's a wee bit too radical. I don't think it's that bad yet. Some want us divided but we'll always be united in the good of Celtic.🍀

It can be achieved in modern sport though....I know it's not football but I'm pretty sure the green bay Packers in the NFL are owned by or are at least run by fans and they are one of the most successful team in that league and I'm sure the only team in any sport over there run this way! I could wrong?

It can be achieved in modern sport though....I know it's not football but I'm pretty sure the green bay Packers in the NFL are owned by or are at least run by fans and they are the most successful team in that league and I'm sure the only team in any sport over there run this way! I could wrong?
Tell that to the biggest capitalist bastard in America in New England.

I'm sure he'll patriotically tell you that you're wrong.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, The Packers.........they're all fronts, Docco. The voting block is with the major shareholders. It's like Sharia Law, your one vote is worth one tenth of theirs. It sounds great, but it's a hoax, mate.

Tell that to the biggest capitalist bastard in America in New England.

I'm sure he'll patriotically tell you that you're wrong.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, The Packers.........they're all fronts, Docco. The voting block is with the major shareholders. It's like Sharia Law, your one vote is worth one tenth of theirs. It sounds great, but it's a hoax, mate.

Have a wee read of this...I know it wiki..however quite interesting..I was sorta right 👍

Have a wee read of this...I know it wiki..however quite interesting..I was sorta right 👍

Aye, Docco.....sounds great, but NFL revenues are generated entirely by media sales across the globe.

It's a multi-billion dollar industry and anybody that thinks that someone isn't getting fat off of that grift is living in cloud cuckoo land.

The secret to financial success is keeping the financial success a secret!

By the way.........non-profits in the USA get tax exemption (as do organised religions). Have you ever wondered why all those TV evangelists have private jets????

Wikipedia...........the font of all knowledge

First of the resolution 12 questions

Shareholder describes the board’s approach to the matter as “strange” and asks if they are “accepting cheating”.

In whose interest is this not being fought?

The shareholder also says Bankier is “dubious” for recommending to vote against.

Lawwell responds:

It’s unfair to suggest we’re not on this. We were on this before Resolution 12.

Lawwell states that UEFA have no interest in the matter, as it’s outwith the five year period so any sanctions would have disappeared.

What could our motive be for having all the info and not doing our best? What are you suggesting?
We will continue to ask for an independent review

What will be done to take on Green Brigade?
The shareholder wants warnings outside the stadium about bad behaviour.

Lawwell:
A small minority are a challenge in terms of safety and protecting club’s reputation.
Societal issues manifest themselves through football.
We built the standing section for safety.
The Green Brigade provide youth, colour and passion but the concern is they don’t believe they are doing anything wrong.
They are breaking the law. We have closed 14 rows because of this. When you see certain banners and hear certain songs my heart sinks.
It allows our enemies to put us in with our rivals. We are not the same, we are different.
We had to take action to avoid stricter sanctions from UEFA.

Aye, Docco.....sounds great, but NFL revenues are generated entirely by media sales across the globe.

It's a multi-billion dollar industry and anybody that thinks that someone isn't getting fat off of that grift is living in cloud cuckoo land.

The secret to financial success is keeping the financial success a secret!

By the way.........non-profits in the USA get tax exemption (as do organised religions). Have you ever wondered why all those TV evangelists have private jets????

Wikipedia...........the font of all knowledge

I've always wondered why God has not made them crash for the way they exploit his people and use him as the bad guy dishing out rules that no-one seems to care about and threating to put people in fires.

Back