Celtic AGM - The Persistent Elephant in the Room and Peter Lawwell's Mysterious Resistance

The last paragraph in the letter sent to Celtic re Resolution 12.....the Celtic Board should consider very, very carefully

This is not going away.....it is apparent to many that fraud has been committed.....for the Board to continue to obfuscate and refuse to pursue the intent of Resolution 12.....very well may leave them open to be seen to have been complicit in matters of impropriety at best.....and party to illegal activities at worst.....Resolution 12 will not simply go away.....the Celtic Board need to get their collective heads around this.....anyone who thinks this matter will be buried and forgotten better think again

The last paragraph in the letter sent to Celtic re Resolution 12.....the Celtic Board should consider very, very carefully

This is not going away.....it is apparent to many that fraud has been committed.....for the Board to continue to obfuscate and refuse to pursue the intent of Resolution 12.....very well may leave them open to be seen to have been complicit in matters of impropriety at best.....and party to illegal activities at worst.....Resolution 12 will not simply go away.....the Celtic Board need to get their collective heads around this.....anyone who thinks this matter will be buried and forgotten better think again
think that's the reason the Green Brigade were hung out to dry, when they were, Imatim,deflection!

Everybody and their dog know that the SFA aren't fit for purpose. Even the SFA must surely know that they're not currently, or historically, fit for purpose; however - incompetence, in and of itself, is not a criminal activity.

Once again, I draw reference to the current impeachment inquiry in the USA. Bearing in mind there is a differing legal process and mandate, the evidence is piling up, it seems evidently clear that there was a presidential embargo on releasing congressionally agreed financial relief to Ukraine and that there were some very bad actors actively participating as the drama played out. It won't guarantee removal from office and it won't deter Trump's base.

There are similarities to be made in Scottish football. In fact, the stonewalling, obfuscation and internal rigging of the legal oversight may well have been the blueprint used as the precedent for the president.

Of course we want those accountable to be held to account for their actions. Without doubt, everybody should want some form of justice to prevail, but it would seem that, outwith our own support base, there is not a great deal of appetite to pursue this matter.

And then there are other matters to consider.

If the evidence is so overwhelming, then surely this case would be a 'slam dunk' in any jurisdiction?

The fact remains that the evidence may not be as watertight as we are informed and that the evidence being presented is being subjectively tested by us, as fans. We are seeing what we want to see.

There are two concerns that I have (among many others):

1. How are Celtic involved? Are there activities with which our board have been complicit and involved in? Are they consciously trying to put distance between themselves and this matter for fear of closer scrutiny into their own affairs?

2. Beyond UEFA, this lawful/unlawful matter would be determined in a legal arena (CAS). Once this action has been determined, then the likelihood is that Scottish football (under the auspices of the SFA) will be suspended from European football and club competitions. This could potentially impact on Celtic directly through income generated from these competitions, including prize money; but it will also have an impact on our commercial partners and sponsors who pay significant money to have their brands magnified to a wider global audience.

I want justice, not only for Celtic, Scottish clubs and Scottish fans. I want justice for myself and for all the years of actual cheating Scottish football was subjected too; however - there are checks and balances to consider. The active pursuit of this matter could have further grave implications for Celtic.

That mob appear to be doing a decent job of digging another shallow shallow grave for another carcass to be buried. Perhaps it is in our interest to consolidate and concentrate on our own future without ever forgetting the sins of their past.

think that's the reason the Green Brigade were hung out to dry, when they were, Imatim,deflection!

Iā€™ve no doubt there very well may be substance to what you say Michael.....the timing of the release of these sanctions would certainly appear to be opportunistic by the Board.....there are no winners here.....and the Green Brigade have to accept their fair share of the blame for matters.....call out fascism by all means.....show support for the oppressed people of Palestine in a meaningful way by all means.....but keep the pyro away from Celtic Park as itā€™s an accident waiting to happen

Everybody and their dog know that the SFA aren't fit for purpose. Even the SFA must surely know that they're not currently, or historically, fit for purpose; however - incompetence, in and of itself, is not a criminal activity.

Once again, I draw reference to the current impeachment inquiry in the USA. Bearing in mind there is a differing legal process and mandate, the evidence is piling up, it seems evidently clear that there was a presidential embargo on releasing congressionally agreed financial relief to Ukraine and that there were some very bad actors actively participating as the drama played out. It won't guarantee removal from office and it won't deter Trump's base.

There are similarities to be made in Scottish football. In fact, the stonewalling, obfuscation and internal rigging of the legal oversight may well have been the blueprint used as the precedent for the president.

Of course we want those accountable to be held to account for their actions. Without doubt, everybody should want some form of justice to prevail, but it would seem that, outwith our own support base, there is not a great deal of appetite to pursue this matter.

And then there are other matters to consider.

If the evidence is so overwhelming, then surely this case would be a 'slam dunk' in any jurisdiction?

The fact remains that the evidence may not be as watertight as we are informed and that the evidence being presented is being subjectively tested by us, as fans. We are seeing what we want to see.

There are two concerns that I have (among many others):

1. How are Celtic involved? Are there activities with which our board have been complicit and involved in? Are they consciously trying to put distance between themselves and this matter for fear of closer scrutiny into their own affairs?

2. Beyond UEFA, this lawful/unlawful matter would be determined in a legal arena (CAS). Once this action has been determined, then the likelihood is that Scottish football (under the auspices of the SFA) will be suspended from European football and club competitions. This could potentially impact on Celtic directly through income generated from these competitions, including prize money; but it will also have an impact on our commercial partners and sponsors who pay significant money to have their brands magnified to a wider global audience.

I want justice, not only for Celtic, Scottish clubs and Scottish fans. I want justice for myself and for all the years of actual cheating Scottish football was subjected too; however - there are checks and balances to consider. The active pursuit of this matter could have further grave implications for Celtic.

That mob appear to be doing a decent job of digging another shallow shallow grave for another carcass to be buried. Perhaps it is in our interest to consolidate and concentrate on our own future without ever forgetting the sins of their past.

Aulheid did a bit of a Q&A on the other Res12 thread you will find it on page 3 of the celtic chat forums

Here's his response to the C>A>S question

kelly said:
Auldheid if your still on

if Celtic were to take this to C.A.S would that mean us losing out on european football as i thought the rules were clubs could not take there associations to C.A.S , could this be a reason for the club not wishing to persue it
or have i read it wrong
It's not Celtic who are taking anything to CAS.
It is TRFC who appear to be using a clause in the 5 Way Agreement to argue that the SFA Judicial Panel Disciplinary Tribunal surrender authority to adjudicate on any matter relating to Rangers before liquidation.

The SFA JPDT halted in July 2018 and has been sitting on the matter ever since.

Celtic's response is that they will wait for the SFA deciding what to do.

The new Res in effect says Celtic cannot rely on the SFA who lost authority to pursue and that the matter should be taken away from SFA and given to UEFA or the police.

Celtic do not want to do this because they believe it's not in Celtic's interest to do so. That needs explaining.

They are simply hiding behind a flawed process to prevent having to deal with the consequences of the findings of any investigation.
Having been involved in 2011 SFA are happy to hide too.

It looks very much like we accept a slap across the wrist from Peter and the rest of the board for asking questions which seem to frighten the life out of them..when do we get to the bottom of this shit pile..
What have they got to hide ????. they are definitely hiding something..
We dont need to worry about going broke,if that happens then we can always have a few money raising share issues much like the one,s sevco have every quarter
If they have nothing to hide then lets get it out in the open and kick start the birth of a non sectarian SFA because this is the only way these people will be removed from office..
Does anybody have a clue how we would get Lawwell to tell us why it is not in Celtic,s best interest to invoke RES 12.
I personally feel this man is telling me to go and sit in a corner and speak when I am spoken to...
Does anybody know if we as supporters could challenge the SFA on RES12.
Could we also ask CAS to investigate the goings on at Hampden and ipox..

HH.

It looks very much like we accept a slap across the wrist from Peter and the rest of the board for asking questions which seem to frighten the life out of them..when do we get to the bottom of this shit pile..
What have they got to hide ????. they are definitely hiding something..
We dont need to worry about going broke,if that happens then we can always have a few money raising share issues much like the one,s sevco have every quarter
If they have nothing to hide then lets get it out in the open and kick start the birth of a non sectarian SFA because this is the only way these people will be removed from office..
Does anybody have a clue how we would get Lawwell to tell us why it is not in Celtic,s best interest to invoke RES 12.
I personally feel this man is telling me to go and sit in a corner and speak when I am spoken to...
Does anybody know if we as supporters could challenge the SFA on RES12.
Could we also ask CAS to investigate the goings on at Hampden and ipox..

HH.
I think im falling out of love with football fast.

The constant references to Company tell me they see clubs and company as different- might be jumping gun, but don't think I am.

The constant double speak when asked anything is more than just cause for concern.

The green brigade have made arse of the pyro shite- which looks to me to being exploited for political dissent squashing.

I am now certain in my heart the board are party to 5 way agreement

Its not about football anymore

Its about customers and income levels

And the legal advice over the Res 12 most possibly says, financially it makes no sense to have SFA collapse

Nothing about sport- purely business

Which in my opinion is the end of football

The board made point that GB dont appear to understand the law

That may well be true

But your silence in the face of cheats liars conmen and outright cheating coupled with standing back while the club is tarnished with calumny and hearsay as factual is more than criminal in my eyes

And your legal team says its not really financially worth correcting the MSM and SFA biases towards a Dead club that committed suicide, blamed everybody else, hired criminals, and scape goats and parade them as heroes of virtue

Rock the boat to point whole game is falling apart

And worst of all claim openly they were wronged and their cheating and scamming was all OK

Thats criminal in my eyes

Silence is not Justice

And if the general feeling of AGM participants is

GB are a problem for the company

Then despite their stupidity on occasions I would rather have that kind of stupidity over rank unsporting unvirtuous silence then say look at the illegal stuff our own can do

GB need better leadership

The board are needing better leadership much more

Justice is much more important from the hierarchy than the emotional

The spin doctoring from our board is just as bad as the spin doctoring on behalf of the dead club by msm

You are as unvirtuous as Mr King - Lawed if you think the company income comes before your friggin customers

And the fact that no Kent has the words to tell you that its you who are now criminally deranged if you think Justice has been served by your cowardly silence in face of extreme calumny.

I couldn't give a friggin toss about winning anything if its not won on merit

If you think the truth is not worth sharing since its not a company beneficial

then thats a direct dereliction of your duty to the club

Which is the friggin company

thats the whole point

To refer to company answers the questions you refuse to answer but not directly

But through double speak spin.

I am seriously considering ending my addiction to Celtic

Since the company should serve the club

Not the customers doing what the company men want

Time for like minded Celtic fans to band together and merge with St Rochs or a team of that standing and start over again like Man Utd. fans did....Celtic FC has sold its soul to modernity and capitalism and have lost their identity..this AGM only confirms it....Celtic Park is now officially a theme park..over priced tickets, over priced food, sing what we pipe through the tannoy...do as we say and be happy customers

The soul has left our club sadly

Time for like minded Celtic fans to band together and merge with St Rochs or a team of that standing and start over again like Man Utd. fans did....Celtic FC has sold its soul to modernity and capitalism and have lost their identity..this AGM only confirms it....Celtic Park is now officially a theme park..over priced tickets, over priced food, sing what we pipe through the tannoy...do as we say and be happy customers

The soul has left our club sadly
You smoking funny shit?šŸ˜³

Back