Celtic Away to Maccabi Tel Aviv or CFR Cluj if we beat Nomme Kalju

It certainly is. It could have been a lot tougher. PAOK or Ajax will be out by August. My Spidey-sense tells me that my decision to be in Istanbul May 30th 2020 might be prophetic.

How crap is it that Maccabi Tel Aviv enter the draw at the 3rd round stage and we would have already had to play 4 matches starting a month earlier than them? The criteria for when teams enter the draw must be reviewed and reflect better on individual teams performances (Ajax miss out on the Champions League final by the very narrowest of margins, and lost the Europa League final a couple of years ago and yet still have to play qualifiers - absurd).

Not only are our players less rested with UEFA only giving us a couple of weeks off as they insist on our players playing competitive internationals right up to mid-June, but also our players can be racking up yellow cards in these early rounds and so be more likely to be suspended for the later qualifiers.

How crap is it that Maccabi Tel Aviv enter the draw at the 3rd round stage and we would have already had to play 4 matches starting a month earlier than them? The criteria for when teams enter the draw must be reviewed and reflect better on individual teams performances (Ajax miss out on the Champions League final by the very narrowest of margins, and lost the Europa League final a couple of years ago and yet still have to play qualifiers - absurd).

Not only are our players less rested with UEFA only giving us a couple of weeks off as they insist on our players playing competitive internationals right up to mid-June, but also our players can be racking up yellow cards in these early rounds and so be more likely to be suspended for the later qualifiers.
Didn't know they just entered the qualification rounds, must have missed them pulling up trees in European football recently, a complete joke and an insult to our club

If we are pissed at this then think how Ajax feel? Are all the cards for the qualifiers scrubbed? I’m sure I heard they don’t carry. If they do that’s a fucking joke.

I think the draw could be worse. It still won’t be easy and our defence depends to be better than it has been. Two of our trademark gifts in two games. That needs to stop or our arse is grass.

Confident that self inflicted catrastophe aside, we should go through comfortably.

Let’s get ready each game gets harder from here. Under the Sun tanned yin we were always dodgy and easy to read.
But in the games so far we’ve looked so much tighter at the back. Yes some of our passing has been slack it cost one goal in the second leg. But we’ve looked better and more comfortable than we did under br.
The more game time this Celtic side get, the slicker and more damaging they will be in the final third.
Have to say already impressed by the way we’re starting to play.
At some point in the coming weeks. me personally I think we’re going to really hammer
someone.
Love the speed that we’re trying to play at
The Tempo is really good as is the pressing.
Even when we have pumped the ball up the park we’re pressing to get it back.
So whoever we get now I feel like we’re going to get through. Not bigheaded just much more confident that this style of play. Can and will
Deliver.

HH ?

Let’s get ready each game gets harder from here. Under the Sun tanned yin we were always dodgy and easy to read.
But in the games so far we’ve looked so much tighter at the back. Yes some of our passing has been slack it cost one goal in the second leg. But we’ve looked better and more comfortable than we did under br.
The more game time this Celtic side get, the slicker and more damaging they will be in the final third.
Have to say already impressed by the way we’re starting to play.
At some point in the coming weeks. me personally I think we’re going to really hammer
someone.
Love the speed that we’re trying to play at
The Tempo is really good as is the pressing.
Even when we have pumped the ball up the park we’re pressing to get it back.
So whoever we get now I feel like we’re going to get through. Not bigheaded just much more confident that this style of play. Can and will
Deliver.

HH ?

I always thought the players we have and quality brought in soon enough we would qualify with ease. The transfers in have come to an abrupt halt and that isn’t good if we want these new players to bed in and contribute. I hope to hear some news this week about players other than Luvem.

I develop a twitch and Tourette’s as each day goes by with no transfer news. Causes a few problems at my bible class. I can tell you.

If we are pissed at this then think how Ajax feel? Are all the cards for the qualifiers scrubbed? I’m sure I heard they don’t carry. If they do that’s a fucking joke.

I think the draw could be worse. It still won’t be easy and our defence depends to be better than it has been. Two of our trademark gifts in two games. That needs to stop or our arse is grass.

Confident that self inflicted catrastophe aside, we should go through comfortably.
I think the cards get scrubbed after the qualifiers, but you might have picked up a couple of silly yellows (say for reacting to some nasty scything fouls by Sarajevo players, for example) in the first 7 games that means to miss the important 8th game of the qualifiers.

Well said and add to that Scotland finished above Israel to win (weird to say Scotland win anything) the nation's league group ( thanks all the other Scottish clubs for such pathetic results in europe) that'll be you killie, the rainjurs, Aberdeen hibs etc actualky any Scottish club not called Celtic the format is ridiculous

Have to be confident especially now that it's not BRs SPL tactics for European games. Cautiously optimistic and confident cluj are a club who've consistently punched above their weight and we've struggled in Israel before. Still we should fear no club HH TCAH

Members online

Latest posts

Back