Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell to stand down at end of season

I Frank he is only a half a failure,but what a half to fail,lost millions in europe but done great in Scotland until a bent new club who still won,t pay tax stopped the ten but at least big Peter won,t have cold feet getting into his big car in the winter👍🐶😇
Hi Andybhoy, I think your post more or less sums up quite a lot of what I've been saying in the course of my short time on The Noise. We as a club have been the architects of our own downfall. It's easy with the benefit of hindsight to highlight the reasons for that downfall. Lack of forward planning, staleness, poor decision making for sure: but complacency for me, is the biggest factor . Our CEO's performance over the past few years, ( perhaps from the Steven Fletcher debacle ? )
simply hasn't been good enough, I think it could be reasonably said he has been guilty of most or all of the above; that's why I think his decision is the right one. However, complete failure ? No, I don't think that's fair comment.

On a personal level, I'm hopeful of a few more changes to allow us all to move on and make a new start. I really do think we have a massive rebuilding job ahead.

It’s now

I’m not a follower of rugby
It still confuses me
But it scotland were to put a team in the world snotter flicking championships I’d watch
I try to follow Scotland in the 6 nations , that aside I have little interest bar maybe the world cup but I'm always up for watching Scotland beating England at anything , rugby , fitba' , snotter flicking ( best flicked dry ) you name it if Scotland are gony win I'll watch it. Especially loved the Scottish cricket team beating England that was the equivalent of Andorra beating Brazil 😛

I try to follow Scotland in the 6 nations , that aside I have little interest bar maybe the world cup but I'm always up for watching Scotland beating England at anything , rugby , fitba' , snotter flicking ( best flicked dry ) you name it if Scotland are gony win I'll watch it. Especially loved the Scottish cricket team beating England that was the equivalent of Andorra beating Brazil 😛
Cricket is quite possibly the only sport I can’t watch
They didn’t trust kids down my way with a bat in school

I've just read this and I have to say whatever you think of Peter Lawwell this is an absolute disgrace. For the Green Brigade to plaster these all over Celtic Park about the man who is the main reason they are allowed to stand in that corner, something that hasn't been done anywhere else in top flight football stadiums anywhere else in Scotland or England is a fucking disgrace. Fuck the lot of them.

I've just read this and I have to say whatever you think of Peter Lawwell this is an absolute disgrace. For the Green Brigade to plaster these all over Celtic Park about the man who is the main reason they are allowed to stand in that corner, something that hasn't been done anywhere else in top flight football stadiums anywhere else in Scotland or England is a fucking disgrace. Fuck the lot of them.

There’s something to be said for just letting the guy go with dignity
I’m sure HE believed he was doing right by the club whether we do or not

Aye that's uncalled for, they are getting what they want and should be happy with that. As ever , on almost every time they post such banners/posters they don't speak for me and they dont speak for the majority of the support either. I admire their non footballing charitable donations etc but I feel more embarrassed by them every time they do such a stunt.

Last edited:
Aye that's uncalled for, they are getting what they want and should be happy with that. As ever , on almost every time they post such banners/posters they dint speak for me and they dont speak for the majority of the support either. I admire their non footballing charitable donations etc but I feel more embarrassed by them every time they do such a stunt.
I’ve read in some places they feel one of his negatives was his tolerance of the GB

I like some aspects of Lawwell's management there are a few that I don't like and I feel he has overstayed his usefulness and is overpaid so I'm happy he is moving on. However, I'm with you and think this is tasteless and is completely unnecessary. I don't see why anyone would think it was worthwhile and be of any benefit to anyone.

Aye that's uncalled for, they are getting what they want and should be happy with that. As ever , on almost every time they post such banners/posters they dint speak for me and they dont speak for the majority of the support either. I admire their non footballing charitable donations etc but I feel more embarrassed by them every time they do such a stunt.
I wouldn't blame PL if he took this opportunity, whilst there are no fans allowed in the ground, to remove their precious rail seats and replace them with normal seating. That would give them something to moan about.

The whole 'ultras' label, thing whatever you want to call it , for me its a nonsense , ultra what? Ultra Celtic supporters? They dont support the club more than you or I, they ought to grow up. I remember old CP and the singing was spontaneous from anywhere in the stadium. Especially at the back of the Celtic end. They bring a good atmosphere to the games but let's be honest here Celtic park has always had a great atmosphere long before any ultra group.

There's just no need for this type of shite, if they all hate him that much cant they just be happy that he's leaving and move on? That's just embarrassing.

The whole 'ultras' label, thing whatever you want to call it , for me its a nonsense , ultra what? Ultra Celtic supporters? They dont support the club more than you or I, they ought to grow up. I remember old CP and the singing was spontaneous from anywhere in the stadium. Especially at the back of the Celtic end. They bring a good atmosphere to the games but let's be honest here Celtic park has always had a great atmosphere long before any ultra group.
In fact..
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Back