Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell to stand down at end of season

The whole 'ultras' label, thing whatever you want to call it , for me its a nonsense , ultra what? Ultra Celtic supporters? They dont support the club more than you or I, they ought to grow up. I remember old CP and the singing was spontaneous from anywhere in the stadium. Especially at the back of the Celtic end. They bring a good atmosphere to the games but let's be honest here Celtic park has always had a great atmosphere long before any ultra group.
it was a bit dry for a while, they brought the femme fresh

Some of what the GB get up to is fantastic, the atmosphere, the displays, the charity work all great but they seem to think they are the heart and soul and voice of the "real" Celtic support and thats fine, but i wish they would put the club first not themselves!
Pyros and offensive banners, being vicious to people they don't like has fuck all to do with the good of the club and everything to do with immature young men desperately trying to be radical. Grow the fuck up!

Could be that Broony was grateful for a considerate call and txt message around the time his sister passed. As well as extending his contract when a move to xyz may have been the been at the worse possible time for him. It was a good decision, as I think SB played his best football for us after that tragic event in his life.

Could be that Broony was grateful for a considerate call and txt message around the time his sister passed. As well as extending his contract when a move to xyz may have been the been at the worse possible time for him. It was a good decision, as I think SB played his best football for us after that tragic event in his life.
Broony did highlight that Lawwell gave him a lot of support when his sister was ill and passed away. That is fantastic man management and basically being a decent person. So fair play to PL for supporting people when they most need it.

On a personal level I dont trust them.

I like the ideas of people who are joining the trust.

I just dont like their constitution and their level of communication is spin like, at best, rather than clear.

Without clarity of purpose trust is a sham ideal for spiv manipulation, imo, at minute its very vague, and the constitution has no power other than demanding lobby power as far as I can see, but lobby power without financial backbone or defined hierarchy is like a worm wanting to be sword champion because current sword champion is too worm like.
Told you all smoke and mirrors.
No substance or credibility. Can't believe the custodians of the Noise appear to want to give them airtime.
HH

Told you all smoke and mirrors.
No substance or credibility. Can't believe the custodians of the Noise appear to want to give them airtime.
HH
Thats a bit of a sweeping statement
i think the credibility of appointing David Low as chairman is a move in the right direction

perhaps the custodians of the Noise have done their homework or have a differing view from you

if it was a stark choice between Trust or GB :unsure:
Now theres smoke and mirrors

I've just read this and I have to say whatever you think of Peter Lawwell this is an absolute disgrace. For the Green Brigade to plaster these all over Celtic Park about the man who is the main reason they are allowed to stand in that corner, something that hasn't been done anywhere else in top flight football stadiums anywhere else in Scotland or England is a fucking disgrace. Fuck the lot of them.

As ma mammy used to say, “you never miss the water, till the well goes dry” I can understand peoples dislike Peter, those are probably the same people that boo’d wee fergus McCann, when he ran the league flag up the pole, now most people regard Fergus, as the savour of Celtic, I wonder how history will regard Peter in 20 years time?......

As ma mammy used to say, “you never miss the water, till the well goes dry” I can understand peoples dislike Peter, those are probably the same people that boo’d wee fergus McCann, when he ran the league flag up the pole, now most people regard Fergus, as the savour of Celtic, I wonder how history will regard Peter in 20 years time?......
29 trophies

I think all the frustations that annoy us will fade away and when people just look at the trophies won then he will be regarded as a massive success. The belief of many that we never fully reached our potential particularly in Europe will be forgotten.

Thats a bit of a sweeping statement
i think the credibility of appointing David Low as chairman is a move in the right direction

perhaps the custodians of the Noise have done their homework or have a differing view from you

if it was a stark choice between Trust or GB :unsure:
Now theres smoke and mirrors
Why do you think its a move in the right direction?

Why do you think its a move in the right direction?
They have a man at the helm who has been involved in what could only be deemed a successful takeover before, has knowledge of the club and the inner workings, knows whats involved with corporate governance, has sat in a boardrooms before in and out of football.
A figurehead with whom a CEO of a football club could talk to on a serious level about supporters issues.

They have a man at the helm who has been involved in what could only be deemed a successful takeover before, has knowledge of the club and the inner workings, knows whats involved with corporate governance, has sat in a boardrooms before in and out of football.
A figurehead with whom a CEO of a football club could talk to on a serious level about supporters issues.
Is he a spiv?

Whats his vision?

Why does he have some really odd companies on companies house, very similar to the weird companies involved at sevco?

Isn't his job always been smoke and mirrors for personal gain?

Ive never heard the man make a straight statement on anything.

He is a shadow dancer imo.

he is smoke and mirrors in action, imo.

Back