CELTIC NOISE

Naw that Wiz before my time

Barony At Martyr"s School and Parson St
After Parson St Was condemned as stables they turned it intae a school

4thband 5tg year moved to Hansen At at the side of Willa's off Alexandra Parade

HH?

When I went to the Mungo on Parson St The Trossachs Bar was about 20 yards Fae the school gate 6th years used to go at lunchtimes

HH?

We had an exclusion room. Called it the sin bin. I was always naughty so spent a lot of time in it. But the craic was good n teacher nearly had a full fkn breakdoon ?

No Maria. It was on lochend road in Easterhouse. It sat on the main road that runs straight through Easterhouse right up to drumpellier loch.

It's hard to describe which part of Easterhouse...I realise Easterhouse was bigger than just the part I lived in but when i grew up we knew it by its gang areas...so if I say Lochend was in drummy people probably wouldnt know what i was on about....not that anyone really cares?

my late husband Pat was brought up in Garthamlock on the Gartloch Road and went to st gregory’s Secondary. There wasn’t a primary school in Garthamlock when they first moved there from Nelson st in the Gorbals and he was traumatised having to go on a bus somewhere for primary one. Then they built St Thenogs in Garthamlock. HH?

my late husband Pat was brought up in Garthamlock on the Gartloch Road and went to st gregory’s Secondary. There wasn’t a primary school in Garthamlock when they first moved there from Nelson st in the Gorbals and he was traumatised having to go on a bus somewhere for primary one. Then they built St Thenogs in Garthamlock. HH?
Our Primary school was directly across the road from our house

I used to go to Dinner School then run home for a piece and jam

HH?

Knew a lot of folk who went to saint Gregorys Cranhill. They hailed from Ruchazie.

Back