Celtic Songs

Celtic Songs: The remarkable Celtic story behind our wonderful Willie Maley Song...

Next up The Celtic Song...
A wonderful article WC. I'd love more like this please. This song must be due another update to sing the praises of Seville, the invicibles and quadrofenians - with a special mention for Broony.

A wonderful article WC. I'd love more like this please. This song must be due another update to sing the praises of Seville, the invicibles and quadrofenians - with a special mention for Broony.
Ideas welcome please! The next one up is The Celtic Song, we've made a video about that for the You Tube channel which is slowly kicking into gear. Was difficult due to the covid coughing, which is still persisting...

Ideas welcome please! The next one up is The Celtic Song, we've made a video about that for the You Tube channel which is slowly kicking into gear. Was difficult due to the covid coughing, which is still persisting...
Another idea for a YouTube show and articles (another book even) that I'd love to see would be Celtic history experts like David, Matt, Liam, etc, deciding on their favourite pre-Lions team.

When the fans voted for their "all time" greatest ever team about 20 years ago not one legend from our first 8 decades was selected so heroes like McGrory, Gallacher, Quinn, Peacock, Tully, McMenemy, McNair, Loney, Orr, Thomson, Young, Fernie, etc, etc were completely ignored. I'd like to see them arguing the cases for these older players to be included in a historical best side.

Celtic Songs: The remarkable Celtic story behind our wonderful Willie Maley Song...

Next up The Celtic Song...
Possibly my favourite celtic tune even if its not our most iconic one.
Shame we're not hearing it enough from the stands of late, as it should never be forgotten and only added to.
Certainly the quad treble and broony deserves its own verse and think Ange may well be writing his own verse at this moment in time also

Another idea for a YouTube show and articles (another book even) that I'd love to see would be Celtic history experts like David, Matt, Liam, etc, deciding on their favourite pre-Lions team.

When the fans voted for their "all time" greatest ever team about 20 years ago not one legend from our first 8 decades was selected so heroes like McGrory, Gallacher, Quinn, Peacock, Tully, McMenemy, McNair, Loney, Orr, Thomson, Young, Fernie, etc, etc were completely ignored. I'd like to see them arguing the cases for these older players to be included in a historical best side.
Great idea BB, but with all the changes within football, wouldn't it be better done on a decade basis.
Would be some unbelievable teams made up and many that wouldn't have actually played together as such but still the players involved deserved a mention all the same imo.

Possibly my favourite celtic tune even if its not our most iconic one.
Shame we're not hearing it enough from the stands of late, as it should never be forgotten and only added to.
Certainly the quad treble and broony deserves its own verse and think Ange may well be writing his own verse at this moment in time also
All around Glesga toon

We hailed the captain our Scott Broon

By hard graft and using craft

He helped our squad and taught the draft

He conquered all ,delivered four trebles

Achieved in style with backing of the rebels

Even now when he has left

His legacy is never dead

Even when he goes to bed

You know he lives in the Hun’s head

Will have a go WC
🎵Twenty twenty came the year,
When the whole world went into despair,
And yet the Celtic they were to succeed.
By completing a quad treble win,
Invincibles were part of there fame,
And all of this was led by our captain,
Scotty Brown 🎵

Last edited:
Got to know Willie reasonably well WC. Like myself, he latterly worked as a Glasow cabbie, we were also near neighbours when I lived on Glasgow's Southside. I look forward to adding this book to my Celtic library.
A PS on the subject of Celtic songs, I think we're spoiled in many ways, we've many wonderful songs. I have to say though, considering the reason our club came to be, The Fields of Athenry has a very fitting place in our repertoire.

Im sure WC you could get many new songs or written verse to make another small book for the star just purely from the good folk on the noise
Here's a wee attempt at a ditty from me based on my first game my Dad took me to....Entitled "A moment in time "

A moment in time happened that day
A moment in time that will never go away
A moment in time that felt like heaven
Watching the hoops for the first time and the magnificent seven
Little did I know then that my life had been set
Hooked forever that only Celtic supporters get
A moment in time that felt so sublime
It's Celtic always now and every moment in time

Im sure WC you could get many new songs or written verse to make another small book for the star just purely from the good folk on the noise
Here's a wee attempt at a ditty from me based on my first game my Dad took me to....Entitled "A moment in time "

You should finish it aff M7, great effort
Post it on here
We'll go easy on yi........ promise

All around Glesga toon

We hailed the captain our Scott Broon

By hard graft and using craft

He helped our squad and taught the draft

He conquered all ,delivered four trebles

Achieved in style with backing of the rebels

Even now when he has left

His legacy is never dead

Even when he goes to bed

You know he lives in the Hun’s head
✖️ NAW

Will have a go WC
🎵Twenty twenty came the year,
When the whole world went into despair,
And yet the Celtic they were to succeed.
By completing a quad treble win,
Invincibles were part of there fame,
And all of this was led by our captain,
Scotty Brown 🎵
jesus ✖️ Naw

I'll give it a go

Into the station the train came puffing
Nah Nah Nah
The Huns are fuds

Thank You
Here aw week
✖️ Needs some work feck Naw

we have a winner , well done whitney ,,,,needs some work but yer gettin there

Back