Celtic statement

I've got a feeling the Celtic board always know what's going on between the SMSM and those in the Ibrox boardroom Lubo, the difference this time round is that there was a sustained media attack that if left unchallenged was going to continue and the scandalous SKY interview was the final straw for Lawell & Co.

I'm glad they've finally grown a set but as much as I'd like to believe it was all about standing up for the club and the support the 'brand' was taking a battering with all these slurs so I'm sure that played a part in their actions. Either way I'm glad they've stopped lying down to this shit.

HH (y)

I believe you're right about our board knowing about the media and sevco... it's like a dirty little secret in scotland, not a very good secret mind you. What I ment was that if Whytes book does expose corruption and media bias in our game then people outside scotland (UEFA) might sit up and take notice. Now Lawwell and co can say.."ahhh we knew there was something not right, look, we called them out on it." Covering their own arse. Let's face it, theres been plenty of times our club and fans have been slandered by the scottish media and our board have kept quiet....what's different now?? I dont want to take anything away from our board, I'm glad they've spoke up. But my trust in them is very low at the moment. I only see them doing things for their personal benefit.

Seems someone over in Govan thought they could get away with the crap on Sky that they do week in week out in the SMSM and to be quite honest ,who could blame them ?.

Who wouldn't feel emboldened when they just witnessed the whole of the Scottish media lap up with such gusty a complete and utterly outrageous fictional story of someone trying to cut the brakes of a footballers car .

When you can command a countries media to rush straight into such an ludicrous story without a single piece of evidence to stand the story up then why not just start putting words in people's mouths .

Does anyone think it is just a coincidence that Morelos sits down in front of a camera for his first interview in 2 1/2 years at this time . No me neither .

Have they now over stepped the mark ,we will soon find out as Celtic have finally found a backbone and are looking for answers and not just accepting some form of soft soap fob off .

IMO Micheal Stewart deserves the backing of all who agree with his attempt to shine a light on what is going on behind the scenes regards the puppet masters and their willing puppets in the media .

I myself and many others have called for the media to refuse to lie down and have their tummies tickled .Well one of the media has and in my view he deserves to be commended but not only that he deserves to be supported when the inevitable pressure is brought to bear on him .

If anyone doubts the backlash he will face only need to listen to the show he voiced his view on the very next night .

Last edited:
I believe you're right about our board knowing about the media and sevco... it's like a dirty little secret in scotland, not a very good secret mind you. What I ment was that if Whytes book does expose corruption and media bias in our game then people outside scotland (UEFA) might sit up and take notice. Now Lawwell and co can say.."ahhh we knew there was something not right, look, we called them out on it." Covering their own arse. Let's face it, theres been plenty of times our club and fans have been slandered by the scottish media and our board have kept quiet....what's different now?? I dont want to take anything away from our board, I'm glad they've spoke up. But my trust in them is very low at the moment. I only see them doing things for their personal benefit.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that Lubo. Whatever their motivations I am glad that they've stood up to this shit because if we had let this one slide then it was open season on the club and the support with all sorts of slanderous shite forevermore. Traynor, Sevco and their merry band of poisonous wee hacks both in print and broadcasting needed reigning in and this sends them a clear message.

HH (y)

Seems someone over in Govan thought they could get away with the crap on Sky that they do week in week out in the SMSM and to be quite honest ,who could blame them ?.

Who wouldn't feel emboldened when they just witnessed the whole of the Scottish media lap up with such gusty a complete and utterly outrageous fictional story of someone trying to cut the brakes of a footballers car .

When you can command a countries media to rush straight into such an ludicrous story without a single piece of evidence to stand the story up then why not just start putting words in people's mouths .

Does anyone think it is just a coincidence that Morelos sits down in front of a camera for his first interview in 2 1/2 years at this time . No me neither .

Have they now over stepped the mark ,we will soon find out as Celtic have finally found a backbone and are looking for answers and not just accepting some form of soft soap fob off .

IMO Micheal Stewart deserves the backing of all who agree with his attempt to shine a light on what is going on behind the scenes regards the puppet masters and their willing puppets in the media .

I myself and many others have called for the media to refuse to lie down and have their tummies tickled .Well one of the media has and in my view he deserves to be commended but not only that he deserves to be supported when the inevitable pressure is brought to bear on him .

If anyone doubts the backlash he will face only need to listen to the show he voiced his view on the very next night .

👏👏👏👏

I would like to think the fact that they spoke up this time will benefit the many and curtail behaviour like this in the future from the smsm. Ano, it's a pipedream.

Back