Celtic ticket exchange scheme

tommybhoy8881

Been talk about it for years but Celtic need to introduce this ticket exchange scheme (selling tickets back to club that you can’t make) similar to the big teams in England the huns and even hearts…our stadium has always got spare seats except games against them and also group stage games and maybe last couple games of season
I understand not many folk want to give season ticket to strangers etc so this ticket scheme would benefit the club and more importantly the supporters who pay for season ticket and can’t make game and also the fans who can’t get ticket because it’s a sell out even tho they could be up to 3 thousand empty seats per game
Club makes more cash the season ticket holders can get some money back even if a portion goes to the Celtic foundation charity …back in the day on walk to parkhead u would see loads of folk would hold up the ticket vouchers and people would buy them etc but you can’t do that now because it’s a card that’s why you see more empty seats since they got rid of the book vouchers (Celtic park should be full every game especially when it’s near impossible to buy tickets for most games)

Last edited:
Far too sensible an idea for our board to implement. Their excuse is that it would affect the sale of the 5k tickets that are available to purchase for each home game.
Nicholson had said last summer that they were looking at doing something with Ticketmaster, didn't specify what, but hasn't been mentioned since.

Far too sensible an idea for our board to implement. Their excuse is that it would affect the sale of the 5k tickets that are available to purchase for each home game.
Nicholson had said last summer that they were looking at doing something with Ticketmaster, didn't specify what, but hasn't been mentioned since.
Aye there excuses are bulllshit mate the 5k always sells out and people miss out so if a few hunner or couple of thousand went up for sale from season tickets then they would sell (even if you couldn’t do it until the 5k got sold first)….that’s why the big clubs in England you don’t see a spare seat because they have this sort of thing in place ….think it was the Norwich or Blackburn friendly it was a sell out 😂and it was about 20 thousand at most in stadium 😂

I would love this to be set up because I can never get a feckjng ticket every time I come home. It is even more annoying to then see all the empty seats at the ground when i watch the game.
Mate it’s crazy I know loads who can’t get tickets then when I go to game you see spares all the time …Dundee game I had loads around me empty….st Johnstone is a sell out and it won’t be full capacity

I guess there is no incentive really. The board don’t care because the tickets are sold and they have banked the cash. They have no incentive to pay for an exchange. I only get to see Celtic when they are shite - i managed it a few times when Delia was in charge 😐. The way things are going I’ll make it no problem next season mind you 🙄

I guess there is no incentive really. The board don’t care because the tickets are sold and they have banked the cash. They have no incentive to pay for an exchange. I only get to see Celtic when they are shite - i managed it a few times when Delia was in charge 😐. The way things are going I’ll make it no problem next season mind you 🙄
No they do make extra mate as they take 50
Percent cut if they re sell the ticket so they have already sold the seat plus get 50 percent extra once it’s re sold also that’s extra pie juice and match day program sold too

No they do make extra mate as they take 50
Percent cut if they re sell the ticket so they have already sold the seat plus get 50 percent extra once it’s re sold also that’s extra pie juice and match day program sold too
"also that’s extra pie..........." How does John Bomber Brown pop into me heid when i hear fans buying pies, like the un-seeable "whits the goalie daen Tom":cool:

U'll have the Tap tier tae yirsel m8! Al bring alang a Cargo & we can sing "Fuk the board" fur 90 mins!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It is crazy that this has not been implemented yet. This is desperately wanted by fans and isn't exactly a groundbreaking idea - there are many successful business models we can copy from other clubs.

Not only does it create a better atmosphere for the team, but there will be more sales of the scrumptious delicacies from the food kiosks and merchandise from the club shop.

The club could even make a small profit by including a small (£5?) handling fee on top of the ticket cost to cover the extra expenses in setting up and operating the system.

It is a win-win situation for club and fans.

It is crazy that this has not been implemented yet. This is desperately wanted by fans and isn't exactly a groundbreaking idea - there are many successful business models we can copy from other clubs.

Not only does it create a better atmosphere for the team, but there will be more sales of the scrumptious delicacies from the food kiosks and merchandise from the club shop.

The club could even make a small profit by including a small (£5?) handling fee on top of the ticket cost to cover the extra expenses in setting up and operating the system.

It is a win-win situation for club and fans.
I need to double check but I’m sure clubs that do it get 50 percent of the money but also the 50 percent the fan gets it needs to be spent at club shop or goes towards your season ticket the following season so club makes a fortune with it anyway mate

Members online

Latest posts

Back