Celtic v Aberdeen - All comments here

In Scottish football this is deemed a fair challenge. McKenna should have been red carded but when a cheat is in charge (our referees in general are incompetent but Madden is a cheat) it’s fair game to assault Celtic players.

Seriously thought Tam Boyd was going to have a cardiac arrest over Madden! He was fuming ... anyone who says there is no agenda just take a look at the decisions today.

That Tory c*unt on the line couldn't give us a throw in when it was ours nor a goalkick when it went a mile over the line

It's disgusting never mind disgraceful.

Referee was scandalous.

But on a positive note, I thought Celtic looked much more like Celtic at times today. The attacking midfield was coming closer to the ball rather than hoping for 50 yard passes.

And the movement and general desire looked more like they cared. It was nice to see Sinclair score, still doesn't look quite like the Sinclair I greatly admired. But at least he was better than he had been. Even Lustig was a little better albeit still prone to awful crosses and long diagonals to opposition.

Some great saves by Gordon. And dare I even say Big Jack played a little more comfortably than in previous few weeks.

But that Madden should never be allowed to referee in a Celtic match ever again.
I have no idea if its true but not only is he a big Rangers man but he apparently attends the Orange lodge. Now I realise that club for white protestant males can tell the world they aint anti-catholic all they like, but I have never ever met a single orange man who didn't detest Catholics and because they like to tell themselves Celtic is a Catholic club, and I have never met a single orange man who ever had nothing but hatred for Celtic. And they use calumnious invective backed up by whatabouttery to defend the theories all based on pure hear-say that somehow they pass as fact. In fact, I think that may well be their modus operandi since inception in 1795. Anybody notice 1690 had a new meaning in 1795 just by adding in calumnious invective passed through hearsay that gets the nod through whataboutery facts.

Seems to be the same system used by Goebells and the sports desks in Glasgow and maybe even the entire MSM in Scotland.

Anyway rant over. If Madden is an orange man that should be used as the reason to bin him from all Celtic matches and even Hibs matches since the poor man has clearly lost all inherent neutrality when it comes to refereeing any team he perceives opposite to his principles.

How can you even square up neutrality with orange order.

And sadly that in my opinion is the reason this country is the way it is. Misinformation spread through poisonous invective spread through hearsay and tolerated because its tradition.

Bizarre and scandalous

Last edited:
One moment of worry during the game when Mackey Steven danced through the defence and Gordon managed to deflect it wide. Made some good chances today really need to start taking more of them

Okay, so.

The positives: we were fairly superior to Aberdeen, even if we obviously still haven't recovered our confidence, but we were more active and there were better chances and a slightly more direct style. Hendry looked confident (!) and played quite well, all things considered. Made a couple mistakes but it's a step in the good direction. Boyata looked great too. I still don't know what Lustig does to justify Gamboa not getting more chances though.

The negatives: we didn't gain ground in the league, as Hearts, Hibs and Kilmarnock also won. We still seem unable to score 2-3 goals and Aberdeen had a couple chances (especially that set piece in the last minutes when they were so close, forgot whose chance it was) that could have cost us dearly. Won't say anything about Madden because we've all seen it. Disgraceful.

Referee was scandalous.

But on a positive note, I thought Celtic looked much more like Celtic at times today. The attacking midfield was coming closer to the ball rather than hoping for 50 yard passes.

And the movement and general desire looked more like they cared. It was nice to see Sinclair score, still doesn't look quite like the Sinclair I greatly admired. But at least he was better than he had been. Even Lustig was a little better albeit still prone to awful crosses and long diagonals to opposition.

Some great saves by Gordon. And dare I even say Big Jack played a little more comfortably than in previous few weeks.

But that Madden should never be allowed to referee in a Celtic match ever again.
I have no idea if its true but not only is he a big Rangers man but he apparently attends the Orange lodge. Now I realise that club for white protestant males can tell the world they aint anti-catholic all they like, but I have never ever met a single orange man who didn't detest Catholics and because they like to tell themselves Celtic is a Catholic club, and I have never met a single orange man who ever had nothing but hatred for Celtic. And they use calumnious invective backed up by whatabouttery to defend the theories all based on pure hear-say that somehow they pass as fact. In fact, I think that may well be their modus operandi since inception in 1795. Anybody notice 1690 had a new meaning in 1795 just by adding in calumnious invective passed through hearsay that gets the nod through whataboutery facts.

Seems to be the same system used by Goebells and the sports desks in Glasgow and maybe even the entire MSM in Scotland.

Anyway rant over. If Madden is an orange man that should be used as the reason to bin him from all Celtic matches and even Hibs matches since the poor man has clearly lost all inherent neutrality when it comes to refereeing any team he perceives opposite to his principles.

How can you even square up neutrality with orange order.

And sadly that in my opinion is the reason this country is the way it is. Misinformation spread through poisonous invective spread through hearsay and tolerated because its tradition.

Bizarre and scandalous

I actually believe Scotland is worse than the North of Ireland for it's mainstream sectarianism. At least here, the media have two sides eg Newsletter/Irish News which lay their viewpoints open for all to see.

However, many of us believed that the rise of the Internet and open information would have seen an end to blatant bigotry as well as sheer stupidity. It probably did for a time!

Now it appears that these fuckwits are wheeled out time and time again in front of a camera, a newspaper article or are just given a platform to spout their bile. They know they can generate strong disapproval but that is exactly what egotistical morons crave - a voice for a certain section of society and to hell with the rest.

The people of Europe - and Ireland, in particular - are dumbfounded by Brexit. There are no more superlatives left to cover its stupidity. The BBC, nationally, are nothing more than a government mouthpiece. In Scotland they are the voice which determines the feel good factor for Rangers (2012).

It is any wonder the state of our mental health is in sharp decline? The vast majority KNOW the truth, KNOW we are being made fools of and KNOW we can basically do fuck all about it.

It is, honestly, heartbreaking to watch a country like Scotland destroy itself through a bigotry which has no true leader to stand up against.

England can screw itself up as far as the majority is concerned, just don't bring the rest down as well!

It's like waiting for a Meesiah to come along and drag the Scottish Establishment into the 21st Century. Doubt I'll be alive to witness it.

Apart from when we play sevco where aggression boosts him into 100%, Lustig is a liability who not only slows down our general pace of play in almost every match, but now makes the right side of attack look static and predictable! So the 'New Celtic Right Back' vacancy remains open.
Not so great to watch but the result was really needed and hopefully might give a lift. Thought Eddie was looking more the part and was looking like scoring a couple for the first time in a few matches, might be something to do with that he was once again being played not as a central striker, but roaming a little deeper where he can use his more obvious strengths of running onto a pass onto goal or a pass to goal.
Thankful and delighted for Sinclair's combined ability and quick thinking, as someone else said no one watching his celebrations can credibly argue that he does not care, we just need him back to his best. The players were also delighted for Sinclair, no way do players congratulate a non team player or someone they have no faith in like that.

Thought we were still very pedestrian in moving the ball, especially 1st half Big Eddy was very unlucky to hit the post, excellent wee run n shot! Madden... absolute blinder! Arms at 90degrees n bonks on head all round for a spectacular widows son! Even tho I got no time for him whatsoever, Boyata breezed thro the game, very commanding n prob helped Hendry have a good calm game too Best performance since Anderlecht away Promising signs of progress for the bhoys, a wee point on Thursday would be very welcome Onwards n upwards HH?

Shocking decision by Madden
McKenna should be off
HH?
This is going to be Celtic biggest challengers this season and it will come from the Scottish referees association in Lanarkshire as they will be out to stop Celtic at all cost as this is just the beginning of the honest mistakes as Steve wonder could have seen that shocking tackle waist high with both feet of the ground when are our board going to come out and tackle these subjects as slippery across the city came out with it on day one and said it had been happening for years but fuck how the fuck would he know unless fat jabba is telling him what to say and since then they have got a way with murder in their games especially the kick out at the Celtic player lying on the ground at paradice so come on Celtic let’s hear your voices before we leave it too late too do anything hail hail

Apart from when we play sevco where aggression boosts him into 100%, Lustig is a liability who not only slows down our general pace of play in almost every match, but now makes the right side of attack look static and predictable! So the 'New Celtic Right Back' vacancy remains open.
Not so great to watch but the result was really needed and hopefully might give a lift. Thought Eddie was looking more the part and was looking like scoring a couple for the first time in a few matches, might be something to do with that he was once again being played not as a central striker, but roaming a little deeper where he can use his more obvious strengths of running onto a pass onto goal or a pass to goal.
Thankful and delighted for Sinclair's combined ability and quick thinking, as someone else said no one watching his celebrations can credibly argue that he does not care, we just need him back to his best. The players were also delighted for Sinclair, no way do players congratulate a non team player or someone they have no faith in like that.
Out of all the signings we let go ie Dembele Roberts and so in my personal opinion Armstrong was the most vital to us and the way we played as if you look at his goals stats when fit was always in double figures and we don’t have a player in midfield that can do that job now as he was not scared to have a dig from outside the box when nothing else was on and he always went bye our forwards in behind and open defensive teams up but hopefully the board back the manager in the January transfer window hail hail

(especially that set piece in the last minutes when they were so close, forgot whose chance it was) that could have cost us dearly.

In the excitement of a wins-a-win at the moment, I forgot that pathetic defending at the end. Don't think Kennedy is up to the task of presumably being the main defence coach.
Not even sure what system we use at set pieces, a mix of zonal man marking or! No one is ever on the post which would have very likely have stopped some of the cheap goals against us this season!

For last minute defending of a 1-0 lead, that was extremely poor and we were lucky to get away with it.

Last edited:
In the excitement of a wins-a-win at the moment, I forgot that pathetic defending at the end. Don't think Kennedy is up to the task of presumably being the main defence coach.
Not even sure what system we use at set pieces, a mix of zonal man marking or! No one is ever on the post which would have very likely have stopped some of the cheap goals against us this season!

For last minute defending of a 1-0 lead, that was extremely poor and we were lucky to get away with it.

For me personally I want Lustig punted asap.

How many times has he been exposed and the simple cut back to incoming striker.
Constantly out of position. Constantly can't pass it straight. Constantly stops the play for a second before looking up and failing to even nearly connect with anyone.

Occasionally plays well. But can't play in an attacking formation. And tonight was chance to show he can at leat play well as Defensive RB. For a big guy he can't make himself big. He never looks ashamed when he makes ass of it. And when its Hendry at RCB Hendry plays absolutely gash as well.

Those two alone have costs us so many crucial goals.

Now I forgive henry coz he young and not got enough experience to take the heavy criticism. Not good enough for Celtic but its really not his fault. He gets picked to play that role and he just aint good enough at this age for big euro nights.

But Lustig is probably on more wages than most right backs outside the subsidised league system. He has so many caps at International. He played in champions league nights many many times. And he won so many trophies. But tbh honest in all the years we had him. I never ever thought he was all that good. And now his legs are gone his lack of skill is totally exposed time and time again.

We really need a proper dynamic decent RB.

Now i suspect even if we had a decent RB that salzburg team would have beat us tonight. They are sharp and aware and fast and know what they are doing with the ball.

Im just disappointed that Griff didn't look fit or all that bothered.
The mulumbo dude looked decent which was nice to see we have a cover of sorts for brown.
IS bitton still at club?

I really can't understand rodgers at times. When we need 2 up front he goes with one. When we could get away with one against a really good side he goes two.

We have no real presence up front with erso dembele off.

Big edouard is more like a left inside forward for me.

Griff is a great guy to feed off a big powerful centre forward with his goal accuracy.

Team played very well in first half. But the movement of salzburg really showed Celtic how the fast dynamic movement should be. Look how knackered every one of our players looked. Trying to keep up with that rapid movement.

Then consider how unknackered all our opposition in SPL are when we try to play similar game. Stop start tippy happy here back going nowhere no movement no desire.

I bet our players get paid a lot more than salzburg. Might be wrong. But i have feeling they must unless Red Bull heavily subsidise the team.

Even our goal was really a punt that big eddy latched onto.

I knew in my heart we would struggle. But come on tae f...

What is going on at our training that nearly every player has dodgy hamstrings and look puffed out before the opposition when worked hard.

We can hardly string 3 passes together when pressed hard.

Not happy.

Especially when the dead bears are having a picnic.

For me personally I want Lustig punted asap.

How many times has he been exposed and the simple cut back to incoming striker.
Constantly out of position. Constantly can't pass it straight. Constantly stops the play for a second before looking up and failing to even nearly connect with anyone.

Occasionally plays well. But can't play in an attacking formation. And tonight was chance to show he can at leat play well as Defensive RB. For a big guy he can't make himself big. He never looks ashamed when he makes ass of it. And when its Hendry at RCB Hendry plays absolutely gash as well.

Those two alone have costs us so many crucial goals.

Now I forgive henry coz he young and not got enough experience to take the heavy criticism. Not good enough for Celtic but its really not his fault. He gets picked to play that role and he just aint good enough at this age for big euro nights.

But Lustig is probably on more wages than most right backs outside the subsidised league system. He has so many caps at International. He played in champions league nights many many times. And he won so many trophies. But tbh honest in all the years we had him. I never ever thought he was all that good. And now his legs are gone his lack of skill is totally exposed time and time again.

We really need a proper dynamic decent RB.

Now i suspect even if we had a decent RB that salzburg team would have beat us tonight. They are sharp and aware and fast and know what they are doing with the ball.

Im just disappointed that Griff didn't look fit or all that bothered.
The mulumbo dude looked decent which was nice to see we have a cover of sorts for brown.
IS bitton still at club?

I really can't understand rodgers at times. When we need 2 up front he goes with one. When we could get away with one against a really good side he goes two.

We have no real presence up front with erso dembele off.

Big edouard is more like a left inside forward for me.

Griff is a great guy to feed off a big powerful centre forward with his goal accuracy.

Team played very well in first half. But the movement of salzburg really showed Celtic how the fast dynamic movement should be. Look how knackered every one of our players looked. Trying to keep up with that rapid movement.

Then consider how unknackered all our opposition in SPL are when we try to play similar game. Stop start tippy happy here back going nowhere no movement no desire.

I bet our players get paid a lot more than salzburg. Might be wrong. But i have feeling they must unless Red Bull heavily subsidise the team.

Even our goal was really a punt that big eddy latched onto.

I knew in my heart we would struggle. But come on tae f...

What is going on at our training that nearly every player has dodgy hamstrings and look puffed out before the opposition when worked hard.

We can hardly string 3 passes together when pressed hard.

Not happy.

Especially when the dead bears are having a picnic.
Agreed! Lustig should have been considered as a back up last season but that’s the clubs failing in not signing a good RB for years.

Members online

Latest posts

Back