Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Semi-Final Match Thread

Never got out of first gear in the second half....easier win than the scoreline suggests....

What a fantastic achievement by this team....has there ever been a team anywhere in the world that 'potentially' can win 12 domestic trophies in a row??

Getting there. Disappointing second half for me. Don't think we had a single shot. But no goals conceded and playing better. Still want Julien back in place of Duffy. I had hoped we would go up a gear, but we didn't. Still not there yet, but another step forward and thats good news. They came int it in the second half for the simple reason we took our foot of the gas, bottom line though, a better team takes advantage of that and the Dons had fuck all. Hopefully another step up on Wednesday for the full 90. All in all happy but as I said the second half wasn't anywhere near where we want to be.

We waited too long and lost our momentum. Although this looks like being a fantastic result, we need to be much more proactive in making changes to keep on top rather than dropping off and trying to take control again.
Absolutely. Let's not forget most of the starting 11 had a hard game on Thursday and they didn't. Subs should have been made with half hour to go but I'll take this all day long. Fek knows what Laxalt eats for breakfast but it must be good shit. What an engine for a guy whose last game was months ago before joining us and thrown straight into the fire. He should be very proud of himself. I believe we have begun to gain momentum again. Till yet another farcical international break.🙁

Job done.

As brilliant as we were in the first half we were ponderous in the second.

Anyone could see we needed subs at least ten minutes earlier and when we got them there's no sight of Turnbull or Soro.

Still, there's signs we're coming back so hopefully it's something to build on.

Hope Duffy comes good, for himself more than anything. Playing for your boybood heros and knowing you were a flop would be horrible.

He had a better game today than previous, but a few nervy moments watching him. Hopefully the rest of the players round about him who are hitting form helps him raise his game

Very good first half performance, rarely looked troubled in the second. Looks like with all the injuries/illnesses we've found a formation that suits us and gets the best out of the talented players we obviously have.
Brown/McGregor controlled the midfield, Duffy and Bitton (bar one error) dominant in defence. You get tired watching the 2 full backs, would like to see how much distance they cover in a game. Rogic can be a luxury, but when it comes off from him there's no team in Scotland that can cope with his control and passing. Christie/Elyounoussi excellent in the first half from the wide areas, they also put in a shift when we're out of possession. Good to see Eddy back.

Hope Duffy comes good, for himself more than anything. Playing for your boybood heros and knowing you were a flop would be horrible.

He had a better game today than previous, but a few nervy moments watching him. Hopefully the rest of the players round about him who are hitting form helps him raise his game
He was better than he usually has been, which has been shite. but, even then, he is still not good enough and Julien, Bitton and Hamed for me are far safer. I hope he gets good too for the reasons you mention, but, fan or no fan, he's been a fucking disaster and even today he did not install any confidence. He came in as an expensive loan to improve the defence, we are worse now, and its all down to him. Every time he gets the ball his passing is so bad that you immediately know its not going to land at us. I feel for him, I really do, as he seems like a top lad, but, he needs to sort it and as Sutton said, stop trying to do things your ability cannot manage. Keep it fucking simple. Win headers in our box, you haven't, give the ball to players who can pass, realise you aint a fucking cheetah and give yourself room to catch your man, or, get close, but don't give away a foul in a dangerous area, especially if you aren't winning the ball from the free kick, . My fear is Lenny will stubbornly keep playing him because he brought him in at big wages. So far, truth be told, he hasn't earned them at all. Anybody know when Julien is back.

Yes history in the making 4 Scottish cup wins on the spin never been done until hopefully 20 december.also see the huns have won the league a month earlier this year they can win all the league's they want in November and December,but we'll just do what we do and pick up the cups as we go along

He was better than he usually has been, which has been shite. but, even then, he is still not good enough and Julien, Bitton and Hamed for me are far safer. I hope he gets good too for the reasons you mention, but, fan or no fan, he's been a fucking disaster and even today he did not install any confidence. He came in as an expensive loan to improve the defence, we are worse now, and its all down to him. Every time he gets the ball his passing is so bad that you immediately know its not going to land at us. I feel for him, I really do, as he seems like a top lad, but, he needs to sort it and as Sutton said, stop trying to do things your ability cannot manage. Keep it fucking simple. Win headers in our box, you haven't, give the ball to players who can pass, realise you aint a fucking cheetah and give yourself room to catch your man, or, get close, but don't give away a foul in a dangerous area, especially if you aren't winning the ball from the free kick, . My fear is Lenny will stubbornly keep playing him because he brought him in at big wages. So far, truth be told, he hasn't earned them at all. Anybody know when Julien is back.
Absolutely agree, TV. Although I don't see Julian taking his place in the team either. Just hope Lennon doesn't go back to a back 3 to fit him back into the side when he is back.

Members online

Latest posts

Back