Celtic v Cluj - Europa League, Thursday 3 October, kick-off 8pm - all comments here

At the start of the group stages each team could theoretically gain 18 points. The second placed team in that scenario would have 12 points maximum. The third team just 6 points.
Currently we have 4 points, Lazio and Cluj have 3 points and Rennes have just 1pt. By my calculations if we win both legs in the Lazio double header we would have 10 points. Lazio could then only score 9 points total. To do so they have to take maximum points off Cluj and Rennes. If Rennes were to win all their games from now they would have 13 points. The top two qualify. 10 points would probably be enough. 2 more wins out of 4 games is enough. We have two more home matches.

Well what an atmosphere, what a game, what about Bolingoli.

Aye, sometimes the GB boil ma blood when they sing rebs during the game, but tonight I doff my hat tae them the tifo SUBERB, the excelled themsels & tonights atmosphere from the 1st tae the last whistle again superb.

Bolingoli, speed, vision, cross GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL, I WANNA I WANNA BE EDOUARD the goal was made by his ability, if you get the chance play his run cross at a slow speed you’ll appreciate his ability more, than watching it at normal speed.

The rest of the game was really enjoyable. I think we can safley say oart 1 of putting Cluji back in their box is complete, roll on part 2, but befire then lets put these Facists cunts intheir place 1st. I really enjoyed the match, THAT'S why I SUPPORT GLASGOW CELTIC

☘️COYBIG☘️

Bolingoli, speed, vision, cross GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL, I WANNA I WANNA BE EDOUARD the goal was made by his ability, if you get the chance play his run cross at a slow speed you’ll appreciate his ability more, than watching it at normal speed.

He had several good crosses in the Hibs game, though none of them really resulted in a score. It's great that he's getting in sync with the rest of the team.

Well I enjoyed that last night,2 going on ten, if our final ball had been better, I was pleasantly surprised, dont know why but I was, by the size of the crowd, great European night under the disco lights 😁

In a night when just about every player played great one guy just about shaded it for motm, and that was Ryan Christie for me anyway, honourable mentions to everyone else though.

H.H 🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

I woke up this morning totally knackered and every muscle aching and that was just watching how much Christie ran. What an engine that boy has. Great performance, for me we are better than we ever were under Brendan and going to get better.
And Boli was good he’s also gonna get better
And we finally look like we have a defence at long last TV onwards and upwards.
mon the Hoops

HH🍀

I don't understand why any Celtic fan would be annoyed by singing rebel songs at Celtic Park. Literally baffling, given the history of the club and our support. But that's an argument for another time. Last night the atmosphere was spectacular - goosebump -style stuff. And so was the performance against a team that we all know are much better than many might think. I thought every player to a man was immense. It was a fantastic team performance. And it's good to see people realising the error of judging a player like Bolingoli after he played 2 games. We're seeing now how quality he is. If he can become a bit more clinical, he'll be even better.

Great game. Great support. Bring on the Nazio.

Last edited:
How sweet it would be if we knocked them out later in the competition, preferably the final.
Just watched the highlights of the arsenal game on YT, Tierney played well and was provider of their 1st 3 goals, but they've a young 18 year old striker called Martinelli, he's some player and will be the next big sensation if he carries on the way he played last night. But their goalie looks to be a weakness, dont know if he's the regular one but well dodgy.

Just watched the highlights of the arsenal game on YT, Tierney played well and was provider of their 1st 3 goals, but they've a young 18 year old striker called Martinelli, he's some player and will be the next big sensation if he carries on the way he played last night. But their goalie looks to be a weakness, dont know if he's the regular one but well dodgy.

Did you watch the Man Utd-Arsenal game? It was one of the most depressing, quality-free, lacklustre games of football I've ever seen in my life. It reminded me of games you'd get on Football Italia in the 1990s, when Serie A was the richest league in the world, and you'd get like Parma vs Lazio or Napoli vs Fiorentina and it'd bore you to tears, with half-empty stadiums and the most negative football imaginable. The English confuse the richness of their Premier League with quality and, outside of Man City and Liverpool, the quality is dire. I would have included Tottenham in with those 3, but well...

Arsenal might look good against a Standard Liege side they can outspend 50 times over, but they are a poor, poor team, with the exception of Aubameyang, Lacazette and a few up and coming youngsters (that Saka, for me, looks like the real potentially world class deal). But graveyard atmospheres and terrible football.

Did you watch the Man Utd-Arsenal game? It was one of the most depressing, quality-free games of football I've ever seen in my life. It reminded me of games you'd get on Football Italia in the 1990s, when Serie A was the richest league in the world, and you'd get like Parma vs Lazio or Napoli vs Fiorentina and it'd bore you to tears, with half-empty stadiums and the most negative football imaginable. The English confuse the richness of their Premier League with quality and, outside of Man City and Liverpool, the quality is dire. I would have included Tottenham in with those 3, but well...

Arsenal might look good against a Standard Liege side they can outspend 50 times over, but they are a poor, poor team, with the exception of Aubameyang, Lacazette and a few up and coming youngsters (that Saka, for me, looks like the real potentially world class deal). But graveyard atmospheres and terrible football.
That was the Italian way score and defend your lead.Remember watchin football Italia on a Sunday hopin for a Milan game as they were great to watch back then.

You forgot to mention the bhoy KT must be one of the best fullbacks around just now.

Did you watch the Man Utd-Arsenal game? It was one of the most depressing, quality-free, lacklustre games of football I've ever seen in my life. It reminded me of games you'd get on Football Italia in the 1990s, when Serie A was the richest league in the world, and you'd get like Parma vs Lazio or Napoli vs Fiorentina and it'd bore you to tears, with half-empty stadiums and the most negative football imaginable. The English confuse the richness of their Premier League with quality and, outside of Man City and Liverpool, the quality is dire. I would have included Tottenham in with those 3, but well...

Seen the man U game too on YT, they were lucky to get a point as AZ were the far better side, ok they should have had a penalty but thats all. Arsenal look to have a few exciting youngsters at the moment. I can see KT becoming a big player for them.

Seen the man U game too on YT, they were lucky to get a point as AZ were the far better side, ok they should have had a penalty but thats all. Arsenal look to have a few exciting youngsters at the moment. I can see KT becoming a big player for them.
I've a feeling he might not be there for long ,maybe 2 seasons before one of the big guns sign him.

That was the Italian way score and defend your lead.Remember watchin football Italia on a Sunday hopin for a Milan game as they were great to watch back then.

You forgot to mention the bhoy KT must be one of the best fullbacks around just now.

Same here. The games you wanted were any of the big 3: Milan, Inter (I was obsessed with the original Ronaldo) or the cheating bastards Juventus (nah, but what a team they had as well in that era - Zidane, Davids, Di Livio, Torricelli, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Deschamps etc.).

The KT thing is still a bit too raw for me to acknowledge.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back