Celtic v Dundee, Wed 28th Feb, 7.45pm

With CCV back in the team I have a different mindset and feel a bit more optimistic for the run in now.
I think we will see a better Alistair Johnston as a result and the whole team will get a lift...CCV is that important .
He must start Iwata Idah and Yang as all 3 impressed and have that physicality and bravery that wins games.
If O'Riley and Calmac can get their Mojo back we just might look like a team again.

Would consider Jamesy on the bench as well for his experience of how to win trophies at a time like this ...he could do us a turn when we need it.
Daizen will lead the way with the workrate and maybe even find his touch.....erm right that's probably asking for too much I'll leave it there. HH !!

With CCV back in the team I have a different mindset and feel a bit more optimistic for the run in now.
I think we will see a better Alistair Johnston as a result and the whole team will get a lift...CCV is that important .
He must start Iwata Idah and Yang as all 3 impressed and have that physicality and bravery that wins games.
If O'Riley and Calmac can get their Mojo back we just might look like a team again.

Would consider Jamesy on the bench as well for his experience of how to win trophies at a time like this ...he could do us a turn when we need it.
Daizen will lead the way with the workrate and maybe even find his touch.....erm right that's probably asking for too much I'll leave it there. HH !!
Agree with all that, good post.

It's quite funny, I kept an eye on CCV when he came on. We complain about the centre backs currently slowing things down, however CCV took it to an extreme against motherwell. He took so long on one ball, that 3 motherwell players all went for him.......BANG he dinked the ball past them to O'Riley and completely broke their lines removing 3 'well players and leaving O'Riley in space. O'Riley played much better when he came on.

Good players just know when to slow it down and speed it up in a instant. I think Scales is a better player next to him too, his weekness is the quick pass (and yes all players at our level have flaws) but he's actually growing into being a good defender.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has been speaking to the media ahead of his side's meeting with Dundee on Wednesday night.
Here are the key points:
He saw "unity" and "togetherness" in their "very important" win over Motherwell. Praises Cameron Carter-Vickers, saying "nothing went in behind" following the American's introduction.

Urges his team to focus on "one game at a time" with 11 to play in the title run-in.

Tony Docherty has done a "great job" in his first season at Dundee. Says the Dens Park side have some "very good players" and Celtic will have to be "on top of their game to get a result."

Rodgers "doesn't understand" why he was booed for his substitutions on Sunday. He says it seems "a little strange" but his players responded well and maintained a positive mentality.

Adds the "nervousness" from the stands it could affect the performances on the pitch and "support" is vital.

Maik Nawrocki will miss out with a "tight hamstring", but Rodgers doesn't expect him to be out for too long.

"Top operator" Carter-Vickers is available to start if needed.

James Forrest is available and "may well have a part to play", calling him the best winger at the club "ability wise".

3 days time and we go again. Hopefully we put together a 90 minute performance and not the 45 we have been recently.
CCV, Idah, Yang should all start and I would rest Matt O'Riley who looks spent. Dundee a decent team to watch this season so should be a good game. Would pair Nawrocki with CCV but no doubt BR will play Scales.

Hart
AJ CCV Nawrocki Taylor
Bernardo Iwata McGregor
Yang Idah Maeda
Subs Bain Scales Ralston O'Riley Kelly Palma Kyogo Oh Kuhn

At some point soon we are going to give someone a hiding. Wednesday could be that game.
Was reading in the Celtic Star Nawrocki has picked up an injury , so I'm hoping CCV is fit enough for the 90+ minutes.
If he's not I think we should still start with him , get into the lead and when the times right perhaps sub him off for lagerbeilke or someone , it didn't escape my notice we had Ralston and CCV on the bench at Motherwell, I think Welsh is still out so only leaves big lagerbeilke I think , Kobayashi and unsure of Mitchel Frame's defensive position but again we look thin on options at the back , perhaps if Rodgers really doesn't fancy lagerbeilke at home v Dundee then calling up Bosun Lawal might not be a bad idea given he's been getting plenty plaudits for his Celtic B performances.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has been speaking to the media ahead of his side's meeting with Dundee on Wednesday night.
Here are the key points:
He saw "unity" and "togetherness" in their "very important" win over Motherwell. Praises Cameron Carter-Vickers, saying "nothing went in behind" following the American's introduction.

Urges his team to focus on "one game at a time" with 11 to play in the title run-in.

Tony Docherty has done a "great job" in his first season at Dundee. Says the Dens Park side have some "very good players" and Celtic will have to be "on top of their game to get a result."

Rodgers "doesn't understand" why he was booed for his substitutions on Sunday. He says it seems "a little strange" but his players responded well and maintained a positive mentality.

Adds the "nervousness" from the stands it could affect the performances on the pitch and "support" is vital.

Maik Nawrocki will miss out with a "tight hamstring", but Rodgers doesn't expect him to be out for too long.

"Top operator" Carter-Vickers is available to start if needed.

James Forrest is available and "may well have a part to play", calling him the best winger at the club "ability wise".
Good man ;) Or should it be Good Bhoy

Looking forward to a night out ra morra to see the Celtic.... Hopefully the team start the way they finished at Mwell...
I'd go with..

Big Joe

Bulldog AJ, CCV, Scales, Taylor..

IWATA.

Calmac Bernardo.

Maeda Idah Palma...

Rest Matt for a half imho... Also Yang coming on as a impact sub seems to be when we've got the best out of him.. I'd also rest Kyogo as I feel he'd be better kept till swinecastle at the weekend...

4 zip to the tic... Idah 2 (pen) and a heeder... Maeda and CCV...

H.H

The way to apply pressure on the hunz tomorrow is to wrap our game up early doors..then if they’re drawing the panic might set in…
Yes definitely I think we will score a few…think everyone is buzzing for tomorrow ☘️ my mate from Coventry txt and said it feels like the past where every game is important (I think I know what he’s meaning) 4.0 idah double or hatrick

Yes definitely I think we will score a few…think everyone is buzzing for tomorrow ☘️ my mate from Coventry txt and said it feels like the past where every game is important (I think I know what he’s meaning) 4.0 idah double or hatrick
Got to enjoy these days mate,,fucksake there’s guys that support,st mirren,Motherwell,Ross county that will never experience a title challenge!!in there lifetime??so soak it up tommybhoy…. 2 nil will do for me,,,,,,,,,or five🤣

100 Percent….☘️
I'd like to see us bang in 5 and get this gd back in our favour though I'm confident we'll beat the sevco anyway it could come down to gd come the end but I think they've a tough run in and will at least draw and drop points. Then momentum is back with us , that Motherwell game will have served as an almighty wake up call for the bhoys let's finally kick on and destroy all in our path. HH

I'd like to see us bang in 5 and get this gd back in our favour though I'm confident we'll beat the sevco anyway it could come down to gd come the end but I think they've a tough run in and will at least draw and drop points. Then momentum is back with us , that Motherwell game will have served as an almighty wake up call for the bhoys let's finally kick on and destroy all in our path. HH
Yes I’m confident we will win league ☘️ hopefully things are looking brighter at 10pm tomorrow night

I remember picking him up one night; I was working the west end; it was a Friday night around midnight. He flagged me down on Byres Road. Midnight...
and he was wearing dark glasses. Maybe I'm being harsh; maybe it wasn't for disguise.....if it was though...it didnae work. Plonker.

Back