Celtic v Ferencvaros - Champions League 2nd Qualifier, Wednesday 26 August 7.45pm - all comments here

The thing that gets me is that this board, these players and this manager will continue to get away with it because no one stands up for the fans the people who pay their wages and for their heated driveways.

We will sit here, twitter and other media platforms mouthing but nothing will actually be done.

Even today the board and club are detracting by announcing the turnbull signing,

So far we have talked about castigated some and praised others who played last night
Positive

Well lennon after match chats show he is not fit to be manager which could be positive since we have a chance to address the lack of systems discipline by changing manager while we have full season to win league.

he chose not to play his own signings to cover cf

he needs to go because his weird choice of out of position players in a system they dont appear to understand is alarming

and he spent fortune on guys he doesn't think are better than the players not performing very well in the role he chose.

the system failed Neil Lennon, your system, the players you picked failed coz you picked em over others and their failure is because you picked them.

Not the players, although they contributed.

The buck stops with you Neil

You had many many nights where your system needed tweaked bot got away with it.

You didn't learn from the mistakes.

You allowed hubris and torpor to set in by praising shite

then blaming others when the same shite system loses.

The positive is this season is salvageable. But it requires a new manager with better systems.
Smacks a wee bit TET of throwing your players under the bus.
I remember we used to have a laugh at a guy over at sevco who did that often enough,maybe it,s their turn to have a wee laugh at us..
somehow it does,nt sound so funny now..

HH.

100% Kelly about Taylor,but the big problem we have is,we dont have anybody to replace him with.
I scream at him everytime I see him running 20 yards up the line then the brakes go on and he launches the ball back 30 yards,I keep asking myself,,, is he rehearsing a part that someday he might have to put that ball into the box..

HH.
To be fair, just launching the ball into the box when there’s no one there isn’t any good, I noticed that quite a few times last night, also midfielders as makeshift attackers is no good, Christie didn’t make the same quality runs that wrong foot defenders giving you that yard needed to shoot/score, playing with no forwards is criminal for a Celtic team, absolutely goes against the grain of EVERYTHING Celtic football is all about, bookies have given odds of evens for Lennon not to see out September....hard to argue given the last 3 games and the total shambles we now find ourselves in, in this potentially historic season, full scale changes needed to that team, does Lennon have the balls to do it.......

The thing that gets me is that this board, these players and this manager will continue to get away with it because no one stands up for the fans the people who pay their wages and for their heated driveways.

We will sit here, twitter and other media platforms mouthing but nothing will actually be done.

Even today the board and club are detracting by announcing the turnbull signing,
I am sure Tbhoy you have heard the saying,,there is a method in their madness.
This is the logic of holding Turnbull signing back until today.
Lawwell will expect us to be very grateful for signing a potentially great midfield player and forget what happened last night.

HH.

To be fair, just launching the ball into the box when there’s no one there isn’t any good, I noticed that quite a few times last night, also midfielders as makeshift attackers is no good, Christie didn’t make the same quality runs that wrong foot defenders giving you that yard needed to shoot/score, playing with no forwards is criminal for a Celtic team, absolutely goes against the grain of EVERYTHING Celtic football is all about, bookies have given odds of evens for Lennon not to see out September....hard to argue given the last 3 games and the total shambles we now find ourselves in, in this potentially historic season, full scale changes needed to that team, does Lennon have the balls to do it.......
Point taken Bellshill bhoy about Taylor,I admit to not being his greatest fan,I think it is our weakest link in a not very strong chain at this minute in time..
You ask Bellshill bhoy if Lennon has the balls to make the changes needed ??.
I would ask if Lennon has the ability to make the changes that matter.

HH.

on a positive note we signed Turnbull so we have another option in goal

maybe he would be good at left back

then again he probably aint match fit so he won't be getting match time since to get selected you need be match fit

Centre back might be ideal place to put him if he can get ahead of Bitton for that position.

One player we have not mentioned in this catastrophe is French Eddy.
I saw the tackle on him last Saturday they are saying kept him out last night.
I think he completed the game last Saturday so I dont see what the fuss was about last night.
This makes us look like a one man team when we cannot replace Eddy with another striker,the whole system has to change to accommodate Eddy being missing from the line-up.
We spent £3.5m on Partyk Klimala and he cannot get in the starting 11 even when Eddy is out,another £5m on a seasoned striker who cant get in the line-up when Eddy is missing,but they have a reasonable excuse for Ajeti not making the starting 11...he is not fit enough,and I think part of the reason for him not being fit enough is that we allowed him to go on holiday for two weeks to help him decide if he wanted to come to Celtic,,that was kind of them....
What happened to the days when these players would have dived at the chance to play in a hoops jersey ..
As for Eddy I am not convinced the injury he has was enough to keep him out last night,I am also not convinced he is injured,I am also not convinced there is not an offer on the table for him or at least one pending,I realise Eddy is a laid back character but I also think it does not take a lot for him to jump on the treatment table,I said last week I thought there was someting missing from Eddy, maybe it is just the way he is,but to me it looks like the more-or-less syndrome,his head is in the wrong place,time to realise he is still a Celtic player until such times as he gets the call from big Pete.
Sign here Eddy..

HH.

One player we have not mentioned in this catastrophe is French Eddy.
I saw the tackle on him last Saturday they are saying kept him out last night.
I think he completed the game last Saturday so I dont see what the fuss was about last night.
This makes us look like a one man team when we cannot replace Eddy with another striker,the whole system has to change to accommodate Eddy being missing from the line-up.
We spent £3.5m on Partyk Klimala and he cannot get in the starting 11 even when Eddy is out,another £5m on a seasoned striker who cant get in the line-up when Eddy is missing,but they have a reasonable excuse for Ajeti not making the starting 11...he is not fit enough,and I think part of the reason for him not being fit enough is that we allowed him to go on holiday for two weeks to help him decide if he wanted to come to Celtic,,that was kind of them....
What happened to the days when these players would have dived at the chance to play in a hoops jersey ..
As for Eddy I am not convinced the injury he has was enough to keep him out last night,I am also not convinced he is injured,I am also not convinced there is not an offer on the table for him or at least one pending,I realise Eddy is a laid back character but I also think it does not take a lot for him to jump on the treatment table,I said last week I thought there was someting missing from Eddy, maybe it is just the way he is,but to me it looks like the more-or-less syndrome,his head is in the wrong place,time to realise he is still a Celtic player until such times as he gets the call from big Pete.
Sign here Eddy..

HH.

I think Eddie is definitely for the off.....in saying that it’s been said he had an injection prior to playing v Dundee Utd.....who knows what’s true or not true.....paying £5M for Ajeti suggests to me that Eddie is away sooner than later.....I hope I’m wrong though...

I think Eddie is definitely for the off.....in saying that it’s been said he had an injection prior to playing v Dundee Utd.....who knows what’s true or not true.....paying £5M for Ajeti suggests to me that Eddie is away sooner than later.....I hope I’m wrong though...
I agree.....and the cash we get, will sort of make up for not being in the CL scenario.....as per

Having slept on it I think I am now more angry than I was after the game last night.
Angry at a manager who never learns from previous mistakes.
Angry at a CEO who can’t conclude a transfer deal without turning it into a saga.
Angry at a club who haven’t qualified for 5 out of the last 7 CL group stages, with 3 different managers, yet carry on with the same approach year after year.
Angry that our recruitment policy is failing yet we keep using it.
Angry at players who are no where near as good as they think they are.

Massive systemic changes requires and waiting and hoping we win 10IAR before addressing them will be too late.
Spot on in every point

Bigmaz

I meant will Neil Lennon deal with it and play a proven line up that works 🤔
So am I over it .
And anyone not100% for the team and 10 in a row get rid as soon as .
Hail Hail mon the hoops ☘🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮
I know what you meant
Yesterday, was a shocker and the defeat is still raw for all of us
This is the time for Celtic to have a 'siege mentality'
Get everybody in, and let them have their say, as to what is going on and sort it out, behind closed doors
What happens in the dressing room, stays there
Was Neil Lennon trying to send the board a message, for the lack of backing when players became available ?
No idea, but we're paying the price, and it's not pretty to watch
We'll see how it goes this weekend and see if we get 100% from everyone in a Celtic shirt
HH

I saw a tweet attributed to that name

but when I read link the quote wasn't that

did you actually hear him say those words?

strange that if he said that its not being paraded by MSM

with the quote available.

It may well be the malicious type of FF false news to stir anger even more.

thats why I was hoping to read the quote verbatim.
Hi Tet,just to clarify,I was quoting nl up to the part where he says well yeah,after that they were my words.

I would like to see something from Ajeti that shows he has a spark in him somewhere.

Stern words from Willie Miller about our defending last night. Please come in and teach these guys how to defend. Plenty of £££ available. Take it from Lawwels salary Scott Bain needs to come to the rescue as well. I get the feeling from what I have seen so far that he could be our No 1 goalie for the season.

Back