CELTIC v Jam tarts

Having totally dominated the first half we struggled inexplicably with the hearts high press. Something I thought we'd eliminated from our game.
We cannot be scorchingly brilliant every time we play but the 1st half was looking like another hammering was about to be handed out.
Didnt quite turn out that way but this is a results based sport like all sports and we got them .
Huge credit to hearts for their performance 2nd half but we were still always the more dangerous side and deserved winners HH
In the forgettable 10iar season we would have lost or drawn that game. When the scum drop points it's paramount that we benefit.

Been out all day the grandsons 18th just watched on sportscene Hearts up to the usual push and pull hope no one sees poor football to me our goals well taken but 3 points and another 2goals takes us clear at the top where we should be will put even more pressure on the rest Well Done Celtic
Just watched the highlights too. The state of the officials in the SPFL is shocking. Motherwell get a penalty for hand ball , when the ball hits the guys body. Ross County should of had to players sent of for absolutely shocking tackles. Have refs allowing tackles like that is going to end some poor cunts career.
We need proper full time refs. Get a former pro from England, Spain or Germany to head up the refs and put the advert for refs Europe wide.

no daughter I'm afraid ,Sad to say my son married into a whole family of mini's ,nice people and it makes for Good banter , as a joke every Christmas I give my grand daughter a Celtic scarf and send sons inlaw's a Celtic Christmas card
I can remember year ago my sisters bf turned up at the house and took his jacket off to reveal a hun away top.
My dad told him he had 2 options, put your jacket back on or just leave lol

Just back home from the game. Most important thing was the 3 points and to open up that gap at the top.

Not a classic but comfortable overall and would always take a 2-0 win over Hearts at this stage.

Could’ve probably been a couple of goals to the good by half time and Hearts definitely came into it at the start of the second, but to be honest Joe Hart was barely troubled all game.

A one goal lead always a bit precarious but good to see Giako get the reward for his hard work at the end.

Some of the folks here know that I do The Celtic Exchange Podcast and we’ve got a post match show out now from the game.

It available as part of our micro subscription model (The Celtic Exhange Plus) so you need to have that to listen but I’m happy to offer anyone here who’s interested a link for a months free trial (cancel anytime etc!).

Let me know and I’ll be happy to share that 👍🏻☘️

Cheers, Tino

I think today was quite a good warm up exercise, Hertz in the second half were very similar to their Glasgow cousins, lots of effort, aggressive, very little actual quality but they still made it fairly uncomfortable for us, hopefully Ange uses today as an example of what we can expect when the scum visits CP and be well prepared for them.

If we sometimes don't quite get up to our now expectant standard it can feel like it's a poor performance but the consistency of results are the proof in the pudding of our progress. That's 36 on the spin unbeaten in the league. This team knows how to keep winning whether it's enthralling or slightly off it.
A good weekend all round ...the pressure is all on the current buns. Hail Hail !!🇮🇪

Just watched the highlights too. The state of the officials in the SPFL is shocking. Motherwell get a penalty for hand ball , when the ball hits the guys body. Ross County should of had to players sent of for absolutely shocking tackles. Have refs allowing tackles like that is going to end some poor cunts career.
We need proper full time refs. Get a former pro from England, Spain or Germany to head up the refs and put the advert for refs Europe wide.
Totally agree

If we sometimes don't quite get up to our now expectant standard it can feel like it's a poor performance but the consistency of results are the proof in the pudding of our progress. That's 36 on the spin unbeaten in the league. This team knows how to keep winning whether it's enthralling or slightly off it.
A good weekend all round ...the pressure is all on the current buns. Hail Hail !!🇮🇪
I think we do have high expectations and although they pressed higher and got in our faces in the 2nd half, they were shockingly poor in the final third. They may have seen more of the ball but they didn't know quite what to do with it and never bothered big sacred Hart in the least.

Tactically the minis got thing's spot on against us in the 2nd half especially and we have to come to expect that also as we never change our shape as such and only use subs mainly as a like for like.
Used there full backs to get far closer to our wide men, made them less effective in the 2nd half and the 3CB allowed very little room for our striker to work in, and closing down our midfield on a man on man basis gave them far less control of the game 2nd half imo.
Still had enough quality about us to have dealt with it and create enough to have won far more comfortably than we did in the end.
Would be interesting to see if they opted for a similar approach against the scum as What I saw today they have nothing to fear against the scum and actually looked a better football team imo and well organised also
Know what johnno? I take it all back , after that fool neilsons post match interview.
I gave them credit for effort but his ridiculous rant after the game.
" we were still right in it until the ref sends off two of our players , that makes it very difficult for us " what?
His side had zero shots on target.
" you hope that an experienced referee would recognise the situation "
" the first one theres no need for a second yellow , the linesman gives it" well Robbie that's his joab pal.
" the ball isn't in an area where its causing problems, it's not reckless, it's not endangering a player, sometimes when the crowd roars you can jump on it and I think that's what potentially happened today" aye keep taking the tablets robbie.
89th and 91st minutes respectively for the sending offs and it doesnt matter where nor when fouls are committed , if its a yellow it's a yellow , in fact had Clancy been consistent hearts would have been shown red far earlier than that.
No credit to Celtic for playing then off the field that first half.
Aye we were off it 2nd half everyone saw that but they were hardly on it either.
Had hearts peppered Harts goal and made him make brilliant saves then he might have reason for his gripes but zero shots on target shows that even off our game we still seen it out , defence held strong.
Neilson may be angry but he should be more angry about the fact they couldnt muster a shot at goal for the entirity of the game.
If he thinks ( and he does ) that the game hinged on those 2 sending offs in the dying embers of the game he should watch the game again.
With 11 men they never troubled us and both second yellows were exactly that they consistently broke the play up with the constant fouling, the crowd might've roared in disapproval but since when has that ever influenced the refs decision in our favour?
This happens every time we play them they set out to disrupt and it worked 2nd half , but I could say there was many more fouls that went unpunished in the 2nd half and they were lucky to get out with 2-0 after our 1st half performance.
Hearts got exactly what their play deserved , nothing.
Being able to contain us is one thing , ross county did it just as well.
That doesnt translate into they mightve got something from the game though, you need shots on target or even shots at goal with a jammy deflection type of thing and they had neither.
The credit I gave them I know take back and instead I say they did well to keep it at 2 -0 GIRFUY neilson HH

Don't be too harsh on Kyogo, Shammy. The linesmen were not always correct in flagging him offside! This was the early one that stopped him when through on a 2 on 1 with Jota against the Hearts goalie.

View attachment 19690
Seen this at the time BB and my jaw dropped at the decision.
Hearts play a very high line and I saw that in their Zurich game, but there were a few examples of offside falsely being called against us.
Apparently gollum and Clancy are oor new best pals , just like that , overnight.
With VAR approaching its introduction to our game maybe the mibs are worried about keeping their joabs and game appointments so were seeing them make decisions they shouldve been making anyway, maybe not.

I think we do have high expectations and although they pressed higher and got in our faces in the 2nd half, they were shockingly poor in the final third. They may have seen more of the ball but they didn't know quite what to do with it and never bothered big sacred Hart in the least.
Think they had something like 6 second half corners and not one led to a save from big Hart.
This hard done by nonsense from neilson does my head in

Know what johnno? I take it all back , after that fool neilsons post match interview.
I gave them credit for effort but his ridiculous rant after the game.
" we were still right in it until the ref sends off two of our players , that makes it very difficult for us " what?
His side had zero shots on target.
" you hope that an experienced referee would recognise the situation "
" the first one theres no need for a second yellow , the linesman gives it" well Robbie that's his joab pal.
" the ball isn't in an area where its causing problems, it's not reckless, it's not endangering a player, sometimes when the crowd roars you can jump on it and I think that's what potentially happened today" aye keep taking the tablets robbie.
89th and 91st minutes respectively for the sending offs and it doesnt matter where nor when fouls are committed , if its a yellow it's a yellow , in fact had Clancy been consistent hearts would have been shown red far earlier than that.
No credit to Celtic for playing then off the field that first half.
Aye we were off it 2nd half everyone saw that but they were hardly on it either.
Had hearts peppered Harts goal and made him make brilliant saves then he might have reason for his gripes but zero shots on target shows that even off our game we still seen it out , defence held strong.
Neilson may be angry but he should be more angry about the fact they couldnt muster a shot at goal for the entirity of the game.
If he thinks ( and he does ) that the game hinged on those 2 sending offs in the dying embers of the game he should watch the game again.
With 11 men they never troubled us and both second yellows were exactly that they consistently broke the play up with the constant fouling, the crowd might've roared in disapproval but since when has that ever influenced the refs decision in our favour?
This happens every time we play them they set out to disrupt and it worked 2nd half , but I could say there was many more fouls that went unpunished in the 2nd half and they were lucky to get out with 2-0 after our 1st half performance.
Hearts got exactly what their play deserved , nothing.
Being able to contain us is one thing , ross county did it just as well.
That doesnt translate into they mightve got something from the game though, you need shots on target or even shots at goal with a jammy deflection type of thing and they had neither.
The credit I gave them I know take back and instead I say they did well to keep it at 2 -0 GIRFUY neilson HH
Dont suppose he mentioned that he made a tactical error leaving on 2 defenders who had been booked whilst having 5 subs at his disposal?? 🤔. 🤷

Members online

Latest posts

Back