Celtic v Lazio, Champions League , Wednesday 4th October, 8pm kick off

Gary67

If we had our full defence available then I would be confident of a win but with CCV, Nawrocki & Lagerbielke all missing, Philips only just back from injury and Taylor struggling from a shocker of a tackle from weekend, it'll be a lot more difficult. Not impossible. Lazio not had a great start to the season, currently 16th with 2 wins and 4 defeats in first 7 games. Immobile being a doubt for this game could be a bonus for us.

Hart
AJ Philips Scales Taylor
O'Riley McGregor Hatate
Maeda Kyogo Palma

Subs Bain, Ralston, Iwata, Turnbull, Bernardo, Forrest, Yang, Oh and up to 4 youngsters to make up the bench of 12

I'll go for a repeat of our 2-1 win the last twice we played them. Kyogo to break his CL goal duck

This match is probably coming a few weeks too early for us with all the missing defenders. I think Gary has chosen the starting side most of us would expect. Although it will be extremely tough I hope my heart is right and we win. I'm also hoping for a 2-1 home win. Mon the Hoops!

Tough tie with injuries and Italian teams are great for making you think your teams doing good then they end up scoring a few goals....but anyway I think we will do it 🍀 🍀🍀 WiFi out here is shit but they have sports channels so least I'll get to watch it after shift ......

If we have any hopes of progressing in this group we need to get that elusive first win and the 3 points.
Appreciate we are no where near our full pelt and are still defensively vulnerable but we need to return to the days of home advantage and give everything to punch above our weight and hope that every player brings their "A" game.
It's a tough ask I know and maybe I'm kidding myself on but if we can stay in the game long enough who knows ...would be nice to get a break and a bit of luck on these European nights to give us some pride back.

Big Joe... (maybe)

AJ Iwata Scales Taylor

O'Riely Calmac Hatate

James Forrest (a hud tae, 😂)
Kyogo, Maeda

2 nuffin Celtic, James Forrest with them both..... 🙄😏.

I will be high in the North Stand in my usual seat, love the pre match CL Zadok the Priest anthem, gets me every time, I can only hope we compete as a well functioned team,,, but I have my doubts, 🤔.

I really think our 2 wingers are going to have to work their socks off, especially off the ball when we are under the cosh, we wont have the majority of possession we enjoy domestically so our holding shape will have to be good, we know Daizen will work his socks off, and I think Jamsie will provide more when tracking back than our newbies..

Last edited:
Looking forward to it, enjoy Euro nights at Celtic Park,going for 2-0 victory for The Bhoys, Kyogo & Matt for the goals.

Lazio are not the team we played a few yrs back, seems to be a bit of infighting between manager & president over transferr policy.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I note that The Green Brigade has issued a STATEMENT concerning the Lazio game . As they are not organising a TIFO display before the game they have requested that the supporters get behind the team . What ?
In my seven decades of supporting Celtic I have never known the support to NOT get behind the team , whether domestically or on European nights .

Granted there have been games when the fans become disenchanted with the way the game is going BUT we always set out to support OUR team .
I don't need some self-appointed group who appear to think that they speak for the Celtic support telling ME to support MY club !

Much of what The Green Brigade does enhances many of the matchdays at Celtic Park and at Hampden and are rightly praised for these colourful and , at times , awesome spectacles .
But they sometimes give the impression with their ''Statements'' that they speak for all of the fans all of the time . I have no doubt that many do support their stance on some matters . But , they do not by any stretch speak for all on many matters concerning the club , Scottish football , Uefa etc...

I don't tell them how to go about producing their TIFO displays , some of which have caused the club , rightly or wrongly , many fines . So don't , please , tell me that I have to get behind MY team .
This Green Brigade Statement was not intend to be insulting but I am easily offended when being told how I should support MY club !

HH

Tough game, need to start well, also need to score the 1st goal, to have any kind of hope, but Celtic always have the ability to astound at home, especially with the fans on board.
A draw would be a good result, but a don’t rule us out of sneaking a win here 👍 coybig

One thing a don’t want to see, is the lazio fans walking about in a corto towards parkhead, giving nazi salutes, the police should just wade right in with full riot gear with batons flaying 😡

Tough game, need to start well, also need to score the 1st goal, to have any kind of hope, but Celtic always have the ability to astound at home, especially with the fans on board.
A draw would be a good result, but a don’t rule us out of sneaking a win here 👍 coybig

One thing a don’t want to see, is the lazio fans walking about in a corto towards parkhead, giving nazi salutes, the police should just wade right in with full riot gear with batons flaying 😡
Our cops, yir joking BB, mare likely marching with them hauns in the air.. 🙃

Back