Celtic v Lazio, Champions League , Wednesday 4th October, 8pm kick off

I note that The Green Brigade has issued a STATEMENT concerning the Lazio game . As they are not organising a TIFO display before the game they have requested that the supporters get behind the team . What ?
In my seven decades of supporting Celtic I have never known the support to NOT get behind the team , whether domestically or on European nights .

Granted there have been games when the fans become disenchanted with the way the game is going BUT we always set out to support OUR team .
I don't need some self-appointed group who appear to think that they speak for the Celtic support telling ME to support MY club !

Much of what The Green Brigade does enhances many of the matchdays at Celtic Park and at Hampden and are rightly praised for these colourful and , at times , awesome spectacles .
But they sometimes give the impression with their ''Statements'' that they speak for all of the fans all of the time . I have no doubt that many do support their stance on some matters . But , they do not by any stretch speak for all on many matters concerning the club , Scottish football , Uefa etc...

I don't tell them how to go about producing their TIFO displays , some of which have caused the club , rightly or wrongly , many fines . So don't , please , tell me that I have to get behind MY team .
This Green Brigade Statement was not intend to be insulting but I am easily offended when being told how I should support MY club !

HH

I’d say the Celtic Board hasn’t allowed them to display any Tifo due to the number of fines the Club has copped from UEFA in recent times…..it may be the case any more breaches of UEFA rules could see partial ground closure(s) or an escalation of sanctions imposed on the Club…

I'm not too worried about the injuries. Yes it would be great to have Rocky and CCV in, but Lager and Scales were fine in Rotterdam until the red cards.

Philips is a good replacement for Lager, so from a first team point of view we're really only missing Abada.

Hopefully Palma will now kick on and we won't miss Ababa too much.

I think we shouldn't be reading too much into lazios league position , they finished 2nd last season, have beaten Napoli away it will be tough.
Celtic supporters can help suck the ball into the net with the passion shown on these nights.
Lazio will see a revenge mission on the cards I'd think but they're under pressure with calls for a new manager.
Start well and do the basics right.
Get the crowd up for it and in that scenario we are definately capable.
We simply must take our chances, that's been our downfall for to long, getting in front will give more belief to the team.
2-1 Celtic HH 🍀

Really looking forward to this. Got the potential to be a cracker. I would love to see a high scoring game with Celtic winning it by the odd goal. I hope the ref lets the game flow. No injuries. Could easily be the best game this year, if we win. And, I have a sneaky feeling that CCV will play at some stage. 🍀

Really looking forward to this. Got the potential to be a cracker. I would love to see a high scoring game with Celtic winning it by the odd goal. I hope the ref lets the game flow. No injuries. Could easily be the best game this year, if we win. And, I have a sneaky feeling that CCV will play at some stage. 🍀
Don`t know if ma nerves could stand a high scorer, an easy 2-0 will do.

I know it's early in the season but this team is 16th in league won 2 games out of 7 .....we should definitely have a chance......it's not inter or Napoli we are up against
Tbf they beat Napoli recently. That said, you and I are thinking the same. They have had a poor / indifferent start to the season. Picked up a point through their goalie scoring, rare as huns wi brains! I'm not mega confident but genuinely see this as an opportunity. We do have 100% record against them 🤞🍀

I see the Celtic Sports shop are selling, Half Celtic Half Nazio scarfs 🙃🙃🙃. Ffs hope they dont sell one of them...

What the fek are they thinking.. 😱
Heard from a reliable source that they have sold 4 so far as of yesterday. And rumour has it the PR team are going big to prove the point that we should never have stocked them. Admittedly that reliable source has been known to talk absolute shite in the past, still...

Tough game, need to start well, also need to score the 1st goal, to have any kind of hope, but Celtic always have the ability to astound at home, especially with the fans on board.
A draw would be a good result, but a don’t rule us out of sneaking a win here 👍 coybig

One thing a don’t want to see, is the lazio fans walking about in a corto towards parkhead, giving nazi salutes, the police should just wade right in with full riot gear with batons flaying 😡
Apparently they are not bringing many fans, hopefully they will be barely noticeable in the city or the stadium!

In my local hun pub having a few pre train bevvies with my lassie, even the huns think Lazio are there for the taking tonight.

Still going for 2-0 The Hoops
Worryingly the huns know fuck all, still, even a broken clock is right twice a day!

P.S. hope you and your ghirl have a great night and we get the result to make it a memorable night! 💚

Last edited:
If anyone is wondering, why the plethora of posts from that initials bam (TTQtKK). There are two possible explanations:

1. I'm pissed already;
2. I'm nervous AF and typing this while working so I don't need to talk to anyone!

It's option 2 btw! Getting very nervous/excited/expectant/terrified. Option 1 to be progressed after work!🍻

Enjoy your night my unrepentant fenians of the noise! 💚💚

Back