Celtic v Partick Thistle - Wednesday 25 September - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Well when Ayr Utd's manager, the former Rangers player Ian McCall, was busy trolling Odsonne Edouard on the radio over the last few weeks, he couldn't really have known that the footballing gods would transpire to put him on the front line against Celtic's best striker since Henrik Larsson on Wednesday night in the Betfred Cup.

Will look at this game in a subsequent post but here is Ian McCall thinking Me and My Big Mouth...

Celtic could score at will on Wednesday. Anyone for cricket?

Well when Ayr Utd's manager, the former Rangers player Ian McCall, was busy trolling Odsonne Edouard on the radio over the last few weeks, he couldn't really have known that the footballing gods would transpire to put him on the front line against Celtic's best striker since Henrik Larsson on Wednesday night in the Betfred Cup.

Will look at this game in a subsequent post but here is Ian McCall thinking Me and My Big Mouth...

Well ,now is the chance for french Eddie to ram these words down his throat ,no mercy here ,and I mean NO MERCY ,want to see this git humiliated big style ,hh

Nothing but a Wee Speccy, Alkie, Hvn basturd. Pulled his car out of a ditch near Prestwick Airport, last summer the wee prick over shot tnhe passing place & ended up stuck, would have reported him for drink driving, if his female passenger hadn't got into drive

After I pulled him out plus he had kids in the car. Total wanker of a man, tried tar give me 20 quid for pulling him out, told him tae get the kids a McDonald's with it.

Hope we put 5+ in against them Big Eddie tae come on as a sub & bag a hatrick

4-4-2 with Bayo and The Griffalo up top. Fill yir boots bhoys.

Thistle will adopt a 5-4-1 formation which we will have to get past. This is not new. Three main options are available. Wingers crossing the ball, going one touch wall passing through the middle or set pieces. We have the players to use all thee options. We need to rest some players and pack the bench with stars of the future to come on if we are well ahead at half time.

The Harry Rags will line up 1 10 and hang on. Even if we score a couple he will not have a go. He won't want his first game to be a mauling. I'm expecting their whole team parked across the 18 yard line.

As for his comment about our Eddy? I bet you the prick was one of the many sevconians who backed them to beat us and make them favourites. That's how that happened.

All the money they cunts put on their second rate mob could have got them Messi.

Bring in goal line technology FFS. Not too sure about VAR after watching it in England. When someone scores you have to wait til its cleared by VAR before you can celebrate, thats killing the spontaneity of the game. I'd have it like Tennis where either the Captain or the Manager has say 3 calls per half, once you've used them up its solely the refs decision and its your tough luck if you use them too soon.

So Gordon is to start, Bauer and Griffiths are out injured and Greg Taylor is cup-tied having already played in the cup for Killie, makes for an interesting team selection.

As Broony is retired from internationals then I see little value in resting him for this game as he will be off next week.

CalMac MUST get a rest and I'd give Rogic game time too to get him a little bit along the long-road to match fitness and also to keep Christie fresh. Do we rest Forrest as well?

Does Sinclair come out of the cold - maybe up front with Bayo? Is this the game for Morgan to get more confidence as it is a level he excelled at before? Does Hayes get a much deserved game?

Ntcham needs to play and if Mike J is fit then give him a game too to get sharper.

Predicting the line-up is very difficult but a team with several fringe players should still thump Thistle. But no doubt McCall will send out his players to put the boot in and the lovely Steven MacLean will give them plenty leeway when it comes to hurting our players.

Members online

Latest posts

Back