Celtic v PSG match thread, all comment here

Did not see it as a whipping game for PSG, more an opportunity to play against a team who are in the top ten in Europe,now Lenny has seen the standard we need to achieve to play at this level,a game like this is more a learning curve not only for the players but the club as a whole if we are serious about Europe and ten in a row the lesson learned and what needs to done is what should be taken from this game
We dont have the money to get anywhere near that level. Even if we did, we wouldn't spend it. Right now we are a Europa League team. That is unlikely to change unfortunately.

We dont have the money to get anywhere near that level. Even if we did, we wouldn't spend it. Right now we are a Europa League team. That is unlikely to change unfortunately.
Agree with what you say what hey spend on one player could buy a team in some leagues ours included,but we do have cash and even given the situation at present there are decent players the club could buy without busting the bank as I said it depends how serious the club is about the future

We're going for 10 in a row. We quite often punch above our weight but our club lives within it's means. What is it you want?
Spot on Steviebhoy, my main concern is we have no decent Goalie for a backup/starting player. It's what 11 days to the start of the season and we have hee haw in that respect.
For some reason we always leave it late on signings, is that not what pre-seasons are for? Makes you wonder at times.

I did,nt see the game tonight but I never thought I would have had to see the game to discover if we were good enough to compete with the quality of PSG.
What did we discover that we did not already know,,absolutely nothing..
Scott Bain sits on that bench every week knowing in his heart and soul he will never be a regular Celtic goalkeeper,,this is something I think we all knew before they went to France..
We need a left back,Aaron Hickey would do for me,ex Celtic Bhoys club player knows what it means to be a Celtic player,often seen at games when he is not playing for Hearts.
We have a very good midfield for Scottish football but Drastically need a Bully in there a Big Victor type of player..
My fourth position is up front where we lack power,,plenty of class but no power to mix with the abundance of class,give McIness the £2.5 for Cosgrove,let Eddy do the classy part and big Cosgrove the dirty part,this 10 IAR is not a rehearsal we only get one bite at this,we all know the probability of where it will end up if not at Paradise..
I hope the money man knows the consequences of not getting what we need to complete this piece of history..

HH

Draxler.second half sub cost more than our entire squad!
100% Michael,we get £3.4m for winning our league championship,they probably get that in bonuses,
great experience for the Bhoys, this game wont have done anything to them other than hurt their pride,no lasting damage...poor old Hamilton will probably have to pay the consequences.

HH.

Spot on Steviebhoy, my main concern is we have no decent Goalie for a backup/starting player. It's what 11 days to the start of the season and we have hee haw in that respect.
For some reason we always leave it late on signings, is that not what pre-seasons are for? Makes you wonder at times.
I get that pal and I'm putting my faith in Lenny to address our shortfalls. Transfer windows are all over the place just now and no teams want to part with decent players till their season ends and hence our hands are tied.

That's why PSG are where they are,and why we are where we are.
Did we no get him from them? Im no sure how much chance he had to break into their first team.

Im no even sure if we had 100 million extra per year just for wages and a 100 million to buy players that we would even come close to the wages and income these financially doped teams have.

That said its 11 v 11

And although we aren't near the elite levels of European budgets we can and do produce relatively good side on the cloth we create ourselves.

Im sure their best players wages for 1 dude is more than the entire wage bill of every player in scotland. in fact im sure their tax due is even more than the entire wage bill of Scotlands football pyramid.

the relative jump in quality from celtic to PSG is minuscule in comparison to the exponential wage bill to get that minuscule upgrade in quality

and that works other way too.

the difference between our 20 grand per week players is not 20 times better than the Scottish players earning less than grand per week

but that 0.5 overall average extra out of 10 regularly costs an insane amount of money since the pool of players in world who are actually regular 0.5 out of 10 more extra rating, is pretty small

the more rare a talent the price gets ridiculous and the wage due is much that when celtic find a classy player and upgrade him we cant afford to hold him anymore even if he would prefer staying unless he really aint into earning mega mega mega bucks.

if someone willing to pay our best players 100K p/w we cant match that wage

hence reason we cant get beyond our current level imo

Back