Celtic v Raith Rov. - Scottish Cup, Sunday 13th Feb 4pm

Gary67

Game live on Premier Sports.
Ideguchi fit, Juranovic not available but ok for midweek
Kyogo, Turnbull longer term injuries

I'd imagine Ange will make changes but will probably still rely on a few of the regulars, including our captain

Hart
Ralston Welsh Bitton Scales
Rogic Ideguchi McGregor
Forrest Giakoumakis Maeda
Subs - Bain, CCV, Taylor, O'Riley, McCarthy, Hatate, Abada, Jota, Doak

These games usually end up closer than anticipated, visitors play above themselves, we play with less pace and intensity than we do in league games.

A comfortable 3-0 win, hopefully young Doak gets a good run out.

Game live on Premier Sports.
Ideguchi fit, Juranovic not available but ok for midweek
Kyogo, Turnbull longer term injuries

I'd imagine Ange will make changes but will probably still rely on a few of the regulars, including our captain

Hart
Ralston Welsh Bitton Scales
Rogic Ideguchi McGregor
Forrest Giakoumakis Maeda
Subs - Bain, CCV, Taylor, O'Riley, McCarthy, Hatate, Abada, Jota, Doak

These games usually end up closer than anticipated, visitors play above themselves, we play with less pace and intensity than we do in league games.

A comfortable 3-0 win, hopefully young Doak gets a good run out.
Think after the last cup game Gary, Ange may well take a much different approach to this game.
Think many changes will be made and a chance to get some players much needed game time also.
Will Ange change shape to allow more players game time? Would surprise me, but
Hart
Welsh Jules scales
Forrest, McCarthy, Bitton, Mikey J
Guchi
Doak GG
Leave as many as possible for the European game imo

Think after the last cup game Gary, Ange may well take a much different approach to this game.
Think many changes will be made and a chance to get some players much needed game time also.
Will Ange change shape to allow more players game time? Would surprise me, but
Hart
Welsh Jules scales
Forrest, McCarthy, Bitton, Mikey J
Guchi
Doak GG
Leave as many as possible for the European game imo
I agree with prioritising Europe and going with 3 at the back. But I'm not sure I'd start Jullien in this match as his first game in nearly ayear and a half out. They will be throwing themselves into tackles knowing there won't be any repercussions and that could cos real issues for a player that isn't match fit. Hopefully we can get 3 early goals and bring him on later for a good run out.

I agree with prioritising Europe and going with 3 at the back. But I'm not sure I'd start Jullien in this match as his first game in nearly ayear and a half out. They will be throwing themselves into tackles knowing there won't be any repercussions and that could cos real issues for a player that isn't match fit. Hopefully we can get 3 early goals and bring him on later for a good run out.
For Jules I think it would be the perfect opportunity to throw him in myself BB.
In theory we should have so much possession of the ball, and with us liking to build from the back could be a great opportunity to actually get him up to speed, especially with the extra CB to help with the areial challenges as such imo.

Yeah agree these ties can be a bit closer than expected. Atmosphere might be a but subdued and we will probably see quite a few changes and rightly so imo as all the squad need to contribute to a busy schedule .Any win does me to be honest. The hope is no injuries and just make sure we are in the draw for the quarters.

We don't often get to play the lower league clubs at our stadium in the Cup...we are usually sent to some shitty artificial pitch in the middle of some industrial estate...it can be a real leveller. I expect the players to have been given a wee kick up the arse after the sheep game. I can see a high scoring win for celtic at paradise...anything less than 6-0 will be a disappointing day at the office.

How is Julien gonna get match fit?

How is Julien gonna get match fit?
The same as everyone else who is returning after a very serious injury and long layoff. By being introduced for the latter parts of a couple matches before starting a game. I just think the Raith players will be fired up and look to go clattering into our players to test them out - which will please Kris Boyd.

Ange has confirmed he will be in the match squad this weekend so hopefully he will play some part.

Last edited:
Is it 5 subs in the Scottish Cup or only 3?? that would imho have a bearing on the team selection.

Bain.

Tony CCV Starfelt Scales.

Gucci Hatate Baba

Jamsie GG Jota.

One 👁 on Europe me thinks, a wee late start for Calmac Tom And Abada, if its 5 then Maeda and Taylor as well.

Hope we humiliate Raith after their decision to employ David Badwillie, what the fek were they thinking?

7 nuffin Celtic, 5 for GG and 1 each for Starfelt and Gucci.

Back