Celtic v Ross County - Match Thread

Bitton in midfield???
Or is it Ajer???

Its always been my opinion that brown playing in midfield has hindered players like bitton and to some extent ntcham and mcgregor. Not so much mcgregor but if you think of the amount of CM we have lost over the years due to the managers reluctance to drop brown. We don't need 2 holding midfielders. Yet guys like bitton, ntcham, Henderson, possibly turnbull and soro have not been given the chance to stake a claim for that holding midfield role due to brown never being allowed to miss a game for what ever reason, and I believe all those players are technically better players than brown.

Its always been my opinion that brown playing in midfield has hindered players like bitton and to some extent ntcham and mcgregor. Not so much mcgregor but if you think of the amount of CM we have lost over the years due to the managers reluctance to drop brown. We don't need 2 holding midfielders. Yet guys like bitton, ntcham, Henderson, possibly turnbull and soro have not been given the chance to stake a claim for that holding midfield role due to brown never being allowed to miss a game for what ever reason, and I believe all those players are technically better players than brown.
It’s a fair point
I think this is the first year that I could question any manager picking brown
Last year he was a bit iffy at times but when it mattered on the run in he produced
I’m baffled this year though

It’s a fair point
I think this is the first year that I could question any manager picking brown
Last year he was a bit iffy at times but when it mattered on the run in he produced
I’m baffled this year though
Tbf to lenny he took him off last game he was miles off the pace and a sending off waiting to happen. I thought it would be ht he brought him off but was halfway through the 2nd half

Looks like a return to 3-5-2
Positives, Ajeti/Edouard partnership up front, Christie back into centre midfield and the return of Rogic who tends to shine in these types of games
Negatives, Brown starting, Elhamed as a wing back, no youngsters given a chance

Should be Ajer who's in midfield but it will likely be Bitton taking up CalMac's spot. Can't see Lenny going with a Broony/Ajer central midfield partnership.

Ajer/CalMac seems the most likely pairing if Ajer was to be moved back into midfield.
Well ajer wasnt cutting it as a Celtic mf and was on his way out before br sent him to killie on condition he play cb

I would have a better chance 50 Shades of starting before Bain,,well maybe not,I dont know how long I would need to sit in the new lounge for to get to know the rest of the Bhoys..
Then there is that wee bit of athrytis I have in my right leg,,I might be a couple of weeks away yet,at least I wil have got to know the Bhoys a bit better..

HH.

Members online

Latest posts

Back