Celtic v Ross County - Match Thread

Discectomy of L4-5 disc and decompression. Basically cut of the piece of disc that had slipped onto the nerves and removed a piece of bone on my spine.....I believe.
I have the same problem ruptured L4L5. Was offered surgery a few years ago, but opted for facet joint injections and nerve root injections instead. Followed by a lot of physio. Not too bad now. Just keep horsing the painkillers into ye bigman.

I must own up that I have been a ling time fan of Ryan Christie, so I struggled when he never got a chance to play for us. He was almost grudgingly thrown on in that cup semi against Hearts and he ran riot to claim his place as a starter. I think he has mostly done very well for us. Also, unlike many I also don't hold his Dad's boasts against him.

However, the last few months he has become too greedy always looking for the glory goal (it does look good on a YouTube highlights reel) instead of playing the smart ball. Sadly his conversion % is piss poor so it is very frustrating.

Also his dead ball delivery is appalling. He usually fails to get past the first man, or else overhits it straight out for a goal kick. He needs to be removed from these duties and instead position himself outside the box where he can fire back in clearances.

I apologise for ranting about a player who I really like, but I think our management team should be channelling Christie's skills to maximum benefit to the team. At the moment it looks like he is getting to please himself instead of being a true team player - but this situation can be rectified I believe.
Don't know if its true BB but on Celtic news somewhere this week in an analysis of Lennys tactics ( or the lack of them ) it was very strongly implied that Christie is playing to "shoot on sight" instructions from the dugout ( I must admit that I LIKE some players to have a shot from outside the box rather thantrying to walk it into the net ) but Ryan Does need to work on his dead ball skills. 🍀🍀🍀

Don't know if its true BB but on Celtic news somewhere this week in an analysis of Lennys tactics ( or the lack of them ) it was very strongly implied that Christie is playing to "shoot on sight" instructions from the dugout ( I must admit that I LIKE some players to have a shot from outside the box rather thantrying to walk it into the net ) but Ryan Does need to work on his dead ball skills. 🍀🍀🍀
What dead ball skills ? Ok I jest, it must take skill to never miss the first defender from every corner

I have gone off Corpus for the reasons that you have given - most of the times he takes a corner he hits the first man and most of the times he takes a shot he endangers passing pigeons - and after that semi he would have been one of the first names on most people's team sheet. What doesn't help him now is the report of him ignoring instructions shouted to him by NL against Prague on Thursday which suggests he has got a bit too big for his boots... but others have said the same recently about him believing his own press. Something else that neither the player nor the coaching staff seems to be taking responsibility for and trying to improve.
Its a sign of OUR times that every day seems to throw up conflicting stories Neil :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Is turnbull fit to play though? I doubt it , was only last week or so he had to isolate though I dont think he had it. Still it puts back his training maybe the bench? I'd give calmac a rest and get soro on the park let's see what hes got for at least an hour and if we need calmac bring him on later
Yeah - I knew Frimpong was suspended due his red card in last season's final against sevco and had thought Turnbull was available again but I was wrong. I want Soro playing too but fancied CalMac in that deeper role dictating our play as I'm not sure we need a full time defensive midfielder in this game - especially if we play a proper defensive unit.

Yeah - I knew Frimpong was suspended due his red card in last season's final against sevco and had thought Turnbull was available again but I was wrong. I want Soro playing too but fancied CalMac in that deeper role dictating our play as I'm not sure we need a full time defensive midfielder in this game - especially if we play a proper defensive unit.
Us BB? Us play a proper defensive unit? That would be a first this season. Why cant Celtic offer Jozo a pay as you play deal? He was on it at the end of last season and finally looked the player that we bought in the first place.

Us BB? Us play a proper defensive unit? That would be a first this season. Why cant Celtic offer Jozo a pay as you play deal? He was on it at the end of last season and finally looked the player that we bought in the first place.
I know, but I basing this "proper defensive unit" on my selection rather than Lenny's teams. Honestly, if he starts with the Bermuda Triangle in midfield yet again then I will lose it big time.

I know, but I basing this "proper defensive unit" on my selection rather than Lenny's teams. Honestly, if he starts with the Bermuda Triangle in midfield yet again then I will lose it big time.
If Christie is playing and on corner duties and he hits the first defender again I'll have to protect my telly cos I will try to attack it and it can be Christie in my eyes.

I'm not sure how I will feel no matter the result. If we have an amazing, full attacking, all guns blazing match and win it by 4 or 5 will it be another false dawn?? We arent capable, at the moment, of putting a good run of games together. When we beat motherwell 4-1 there was still a few grumbles on the noise but I was in full support and believe that maybe we had turned a corner...it wasn't to be. A massive win today for us would be just what lawwell would need to keep lenny on. I DO NOT want to lose today but I also feel the sooner we replace the management and coaching staff the better. So I'll be happy with a 3-2, by the skin of our teeth, victory and the hope that DD has managed to find an amazing new manager and coaching staff 😁😁😁

Members online

Latest posts

Back