Celtic v Ross County - Match Thread

Steviebhoy2

Time to focus on our next game. Big improvements needed to keep in the race. Looks like Broonie will be out for this one. Wee Mikey looked dangerous when he came on. Rather see him than Eli on the left. I prefer Laxalt to Taylor. A more intelligent and forward thinking player. That's not to say Taylor isn't a decent defender.
I hope that Lenny plays Griff up front alongside Eddy to keep the defenders busy and create space. Your thoughts guys?

Last edited:
Broony looks injured, I'd continue with Hazard in goal despite his lapses though Bain or Barkas may come in. I'd "rest" Duffy so either start Welsh or Bitton. I'd start Mikey but he won't last the 90 minutes. I'd also play Eddy off of Griff (who MUST start). For me:

Hazard (?)
Ajer Jullien Welsh (or Bitton) Laxalt
Turnbull MacGregor Soro MikeyJ
Eddy
Griffiths​

Broony looks injured, I'd continue with Hazard in goal despite his lapses though Bain or Barkas may come in. I'd "rest" Duffy so either start Welsh or Bitton. I'd start Mikey but he won't last the 90 minutes. I'd also play Eddy off of Griff (who MUST start). For me:

Hazard (?)
Ajer Jullien Welsh (or Bitton) Laxalt
Turnbull MacGregor Soro MikeyJ
Eddy
Griffiths​
I agree with keeping Hazard in goal. He needs confidence and dropping him after 2 spot kick saves would be harsh.

Duffy looked injured when he got taken off yesterday, as did Brown. We need to decide on a keeper and stick with it. Would rather go to Ibrox with Barkas than Hazard, so he should start on Wednesday and the other 2 games before 2nd January. Ideally we'd play 2 up front but that won't happen, Griffiths not fit enough to play more than 20-30 minutes, Klimala not good enough to break down packed defence and no idea where Ajeti is!
Stick with the 4-4-1-1 of recent games and try to look vaguely organised

Barkas
Frimpong Jullien Ajer Taylor
Christie Soro McGregor Johnston
Turnbull
Edouard

Whit we really need is a settled team that isnae constantly changing personnel or formation from one game to the next. Aw this drop X and bring Y in......then Y goes on to have a shit game and everybody is saying he's got tae drop Y and bring X back in or maybe try Z in there instead is a fucking nonsense and is one of the biggest reasons we're aw over the place this season.

Same goes for the formation, pick one and stick to it ffs! Is it any wonder the team looks shapeless and disjointed more often than not when on top of constant personnel changes player's roles/duties are changing from one game to the next as well.

Seriously how the fuck are we supposed to build up successful partnerships within the team and deliver consistent performances with that☝️taking place every game.

We're Quadruple Treble champions ffs, a truly amazing achievement......so it's about time we started playing like we are because as much as I revelled in seeing history made yesterday we came within a rookie keeper's glove of blowing 4 years of hard graft and the above nonsense is one of THE main reasons why!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back