Celtic v Ross County, Saturday 27th January, Celtic Park 3pm

Gary67

BR at his press conference says that CCV & Kuhn will be in the squad for the weekend. No mention of any further injuries so Taylor supposed injury hopefully nonsense.
Ross County usually come out and have a go, and its normally a decent game, but that was under McKay, not sure what to expect with the wee weirdo they have in charge now.

Hart
AJ CCV Nawrocki Taylor
Bernardo McGregor O'RIley
Abada Kyogo Palma
Sub Bain Ralston Scales Holm Turnbull Kelly MJ Vata Kuhn

3-0

Brave move by Gary there dropping Scales. I think BR will start:

Hart
AJ CCV Scales Taylor
Bernardo McGregor O'Riley
Abada Kyogo Palma
I really would prefer us to sacrifice the 4th defender and start an extra midfielder, but I suppose you could argue that Taylor playing inverted FB or AJ pushing up the wing performs that role to an extent. But once Hatate returns then I think it would be a good tactic to play 3-4-3 against the teams that come to Parkheid and park the bus.

We need to go all guns blazing!!no fannying around trying to walk it in,
don’t look at the hunz coz ain’t no cunt Barr us gonny take points off them!hopefully I’m made to eat my words on Saturday but canny see it🤷‍♂️ blow the chuecters away first 45 then put on a show👍🍀4-0….and if we haven’t bought a striker by end of window heads must roll…

BR at his press conference says that CCV & Kuhn will be in the squad for the weekend. No mention of any further injuries so Taylor supposed injury hopefully nonsense.
Ross County usually come out and have a go, and its normally a decent game, but that was under McKay, not sure what to expect with the wee weirdo they have in charge now.

Hart
AJ CCV Nawrocki Taylor
Bernardo McGregor O'RIley
Abada Kyogo Palma
Sub Bain Ralston Scales Holm Turnbull Kelly MJ Vata Kuhn

3-0
Confirmed Taylor is out for a few weeks.

And if Kyogo's shoulder had gone at some point in the last week then I guess we'd have been resorting to started Forrest or Vata as striker?

What a self-induced mess. We have had 25 days to sign the LB that BR so clearly wants cover for and not made a move for anyone yet. Maybe this injury forces our hand now and we will get the finger out to sign someone? Or maybe we can play CalMac at LB again?

If Frame had been given a few more chances after a decent few minutes in a CL game, he might have been ready to step up.

If Scales had been tried at LB and Lager given more game time, we'd have another tried and tested solution.

Now we've got to try something new in a must win game.

The board are a disgrace, but manager isn't exactly doing a great job either.

So as I see it we have two issues re starting 11.
Who plays at LB and who drops out for CalMac. Both of those can be solved by playing Calmac at LB.

It's not a move I want to see, but it might be our best option.

Our other LB options are Bernie, but I rather just go with 10 players. Scales to LB seems sound, but I don't think this is the time to be trying a new CB partnership.

My prefered solution is Frame at LB and Holm drops to the bench, but I realy don't see BR going with this.

So I think it'll be Calmac at LB. The main problem with that previously is we lost his presence in midfield. However I think out midfield is stronger now, and I'd rather take a risk there than in defence.

Scales saying the team want to kick on and be ruthless something we haven't seen much of this season, I think mostly down to not getting the ball forward quickly enough hoping they are ruthless against Ross County for starters because let's face it we need to make sure there are no slip ups all the way to the end of the season

Last edited:
I'm over in Tenerife for these next few games.
I'm not sure how long Greg Taylor is out but maybe an opportunity to go 3 at the the back for this one.
We are still playing without some key players from the Asian Cup so it's all about focusing on securing 3 points any which way we can.
Very rare to have a fully fit squad available these days and I can't remember the last time we did but we have a big squad so no excuses.

I'm over in Tenerife for these next few games.
I'm not sure how long Greg Taylor is out but maybe an opportunity to go 3 at the the back for this one.
We are still playing without some key players from the Asian Cup so it's all about focusing on securing 3 points any which way we can.
Very rare to have a fully fit squad available these days and I can't remember the last time we did but we have a big squad so no excuses.
Enjoy mate, no Sun Sand and Sangria for me, buds, Buckie and Bovril instead... 😱

We can’t afford to drop points in any game, Celtic need to field thier strongest team with a equally strong bench and keep the pressure on the other lot,think we have the players to do it but another couple would be handy against Buckie we showed we have goal scorers and they need to prove it at league level no team in the league is going to give Celtic an easy ride some will try to stop them at all costs Celtic need to play thier own game and not fall to thier level think we will win today 3-0 would be good to restart the league

Last edited:
My last game before setting off with Aphrodite for a wee paddle round The Canaries and Madeira in search of sun sea and that other thing, whit's it called again?....oh aye, 50 shades reminded me the last time we left the monochrome of a Scottish winter... Sangria!

So, it would be nice to depart in the knowledge that another obstacle was negotiated, another three points secured, another step taken towards the riches of CL qualification.

A good performance and three points...and I'm halfway to Paradise!

My last game before setting off with Aphrodite for a wee paddle round The Canaries and Madeira in search of sun sea and that other thing, whit's it called again?....oh aye, 50 shades reminded me the last time we left the monochrome of a Scottish winter... Sangria!

So, it would be nice to depart in the knowledge that another obstacle was negotiated, another three points secured, another step taken towards the riches of CL qualification.

A good performance and three points...and I'm halfway to Paradise!
Have a good one …enjoy

Back