Celtic v St Johnstone match thread

Watch his tictok pish
Has he done lots of dodgy posts? I'm too old to care about that shite and I did see one shared post - to be honest, I had a lot of sympathy with him even though he shouldn't have made it a public thing. Apart from that I haven't heard anything else bad about him. We fought quite hard to persuade him to leave Arsenal and I have no doubt told him tales of developing youngsters into stars, such as VvD, Wanyama (not that one!), Tierney, etc. Then he has not been given a single chance! There is no development games just now but we have 5 subs, none of which have been used to give some game time to any young/breakthrough fringe player. They are all rotting away and will leave for buttons to play elsewhere.

Ray Charles could have coached us to them titles!! We were up against nobody for years.. I loved Lennon as a player but he is very fortunate to be Celtic manager
We had it too easy for too long and got complacent,allowed the monkeys to catch us,signed some garbage players ,went for the cheap option for a manager ,all our own doing unfortunately.

Has he done lots of dodgy posts? I'm too old to care about that shite and I did see one shared post - to be honest, I had a lot of sympathy with him even though he shouldn't have made it a public thing. Apart from that I haven't heard anything else bad about him. We fought quite hard to persuade him to leave Arsenal and I have no doubt told him tales of developing youngsters into stars, such as VvD, Wanyama (not that one!), Tierney, etc. Then he has not been given a single chance! There is no development games just now but we have 5 subs, none of which have been used to give some game time to any young/breakthrough fringe player. They are all rotting away and will leave for buttons to play elsewhere.
If £8m worth in Turnbull, Soro, Klimala can hardly get a chance then daft wee boys have no chance. Also The likes of Connell and Henderson are more deserving of games. If we had development plans for our young players they would all be out on loan this season, as would some of the first team squad who hardly get any game time. But we don’t we have a shambles. With few reserve games this season due to Covid we have a lot of young players stagnating, no development plan, no game time.

If £8m worth in Turnbull, Soro, Klimala can hardly get a chance then daft wee boys have no chance. Also The likes of Connell and Henderson are more deserving of games. If we had development plans for our young players they would all be out on loan this season, as would some of the first team squad who hardly get any game time. But we don’t we have a shambles. With few reserve games this season due to Covid we have a lot of young players stagnating, no development plan, no game time.
I totally agree Gary. Our management could see that game time for the youngsters would be limited so should have loaned them to Scottish teams as they did with Afolabi. You may have noticed my repeated rants on this very subject, but I also do not understand why Turnbull, Soro, Klimala, Connell and Henderson are being kept on the bench or in the stands by the underperforming "stars" on the pitch.

Let's hope that whoever our manager(s) are for the rest of the season use our squad more wisely than has been the case for the first 4 months.

I tried signing up before the game but had to wait for approval and I'm so glad I had to wait. This morning I still had hope. Lennon is a Celtic man through and through, an absolute club legend. After all he has endured for the club he does not deserve to have his reputation ripped to shreds. The social media slander is sickening, the behaviour of some young, spoilt neds leaves a sour taste.

Do I think it's time for him to go? Yes. But the question is where to next, or maybe who next? This is something that a lot of people fail to come up with an idea for... so quick to foam at the mouth and type shameful comments but don't come up with a helpful alternative. I don't know what's a worse suggestion... Pochettino or O'Neil!

This is as bad of a situation as I've ever seen Celtic in. I don't really remember the 9IAR days, it's just a hazy memory of hatred! That's part of the problem, wee boys throwing railings and bashing their keyboards have not felt the hurt. Spoiled, you could say. There needs to be change but let's be clear... this is not just a Lennon problem, not even close.

I had a long post typed out on my views of what's wrong and how to maybe, potentially try to solve them but it was quickly becoming an essay. I'll save it for the relevent topics. I'm away to my bed, tomorrow is a new week and maybe there might be some news to wake up to tomorrow, however unlikely.

I tried signing up before the game but had to wait for approval and I'm so glad I had to wait. This morning I still had hope. Lennon is a Celtic man through and through, an absolute club legend. After all he has endured for the club he does not deserve to have his reputation ripped to shreds. The social media slander is sickening, the behaviour of some young, spoilt neds leaves a sour taste.

Do I think it's time for him to go? Yes. But the question is where to next, or maybe who next? This is something that a lot of people fail to come up with an idea for... so quick to foam at the mouth and type shameful comments but don't come up with a helpful alternative. I don't know what's a worse suggestion... Pochettino or O'Neil!

This is as bad of a situation as I've ever seen Celtic in. I don't really remember the 9IAR days, it's just a hazy memory of hatred! That's part of the problem, wee boys throwing railings and bashing their keyboards have not felt the hurt. Spoiled, you could say. There needs to be change but let's be clear... this is not just a Lennon problem, not even close.

I had a long post typed out on my views of what's wrong and how to maybe, potentially try to solve them but it was quickly becoming an essay. I'll save it for the relevent topics. I'm away to my bed, tomorrow is a new week and maybe there might be some news to wake up to tomorrow, however unlikely.

Square, slice or Lorne?

Same 💩 different day
10 minutes into the game you just knew it was going to be another clueless and gutless display, and needing a fluke to salvage a draw at home against the mighty St Johnston, how much more embarrassment are we expected to endure?
I have never been as disgusted with a whole celtic set up as I am nowadays.
It was bad enough in the 90's with the dirty cheating filth, but we showed more character than this lot have to offer.
I have no memories of a Celtic team that showed such a lack of passion and pride for the Jersey it represents and this now is becoming our normal?
Will it fuck
There are so many there within our club who no longer deserve to represent the celtic name and best thing that those concerned all need weeding out of the club as a matter of urgency.
I would never in my worse nightmare have foreseen us becoming such a shower of gutless wonders.
All of those responsible for turning us into this current laughing stock need to take note, we are not hun fucks, who will put up with this shite for the last 8 weeks instead of the last 8 years

Same 💩 different day
10 minutes into the game you just knew it was going to be another clueless and gutless display, and needing a fluke to salvage a draw at home against the mighty St Johnston, how much more embarrassment are we expected to endure?
I have never been as disgusted with a whole celtic set up as I am nowadays.
It was bad enough in the 90's with the dirty cheating filth, but we showed more character than this lot have to offer.
I have no memories of a Celtic team that showed such a lack of passion and pride for the Jersey it represents and this now is becoming our normal?
Will it fuck
There are so many there within our club who no longer deserve to represent the celtic name and best thing that those concerned all need weeding out of the club as a matter of urgency.
I would never in my worse nightmare have foreseen us becoming such a shower of gutless wonders.
All of those responsible for turning us into this current laughing stock need to take note, we are not hun fucks, who will put up with this shite for the last 8 weeks instead of the last 8 years
Can't argue with any of that
This is not the Celtic team, that won 9 IAR
We always fought back, and today was another gutless display, from the goalkeeper to our front line
The SPFL is not somewhere you get lots of time on the ball, and our defenders are being bullied far too much these days, how many times does the ball land in our net while Jullien is seen lying on the ground ?
It's obvious that the Board have the profit margin at the top of their agenda
Buy Julliene to sell on, Barkas, same thing, well, it's not going to happen because they're being found out to be made of glass
Forget the wingbacks set up, it's not working, we need guys who can defend, not bomb up the wing, lose the ball, and get hit on the counter attack
Every game, it's the same thing
Set pieces, what happened to "Grab a jersey" (not literally, but you have a man to mark) also nobody on the post at corners, our 6'5" back line, become 5'6," as soon as the ball comes in
We must get back to basics, we need leadership in the dressing room and on the field, it's obvious that NL, Kennedy and Strachan are not the answer, but it looks as though, we're stuck with it, for the time being
We are hurting, but at least we're not Huns

Welcome PT. I guess this just echoes the feelings of so many fans on here. It is scandalous that we have found ourselves in this situation. It is the result of poor management at several levels. Change is needed but some of the fans overreacted badly with their behaviour last weekend.

Last edited:
So according to Neil winning the title will be ‘very, very difficult’. But don’t worry, he won’t quit because he’s the man to turn things around.
Delusional. How long is this crap going to be allowed to continue?

I've mentioned it on the Rogers thread but I'll mention it on here.
It's history repeating its self for Lennon

Bolton
Run of crap results fell out with the players, refused to accept it was his fault, sacked.

Hibs
Crap result fell out with the players, refused to accept it was his fault, left by mutual consent.

He will have to be dragged out of the door

I've mentioned it on the Rogers thread but I'll mention it on here.
It's history repeating its self for Lennon

Bolton
Run of crap results fell out with the players, refused to accept it was his fault, sacked.

Hibs
Crap result fell out with the players, refused to accept it was his fault, left by mutual consent.

He will have to be dragged out of the door
Are you wanting him to do the cheap option

the quitters option?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back