Celtic v the currant buns 29th August- match thread

You may be correct m8
But against AZ today’s tactics worked
I don’t think he got it wrong
I think team blew it by poor performances and by Eddie being Eddie
I get the talk regarding tactics, Kyogo is without question wasted playing wide left. But we should expect more from the players asked to carry out any game plan Ange decides on. Two of the front three just didn't show up. Two of the midfield three absent as well. Four empty jerseys in a game of that importance? We've been quick to praise players at times, but perhaps we should consider the level of opposition before being so generous with our praise. Being the cautious individual that I am, I refuse to get carried away because we've beaten a couple of very poor teams convincingly. I absolutely do feel good about Ange, I love his attitude to the game. But we still have much to do if we're to achieve a good level of consistency. HH

Angeball was replaced by Lennonball or was it kennedyball?
I had a feeling of deja vu after 20 mins. My mate said to me we need to get to halftime Ange will give them all a bollocking. Well whatever he said it didn't work. We let them come at us yet Kent and Moreloss were useless I think McAllister clearly thought a set piece was their best chance and it proved to be so.
I'm surprised and think if we had played the way we have for the last few games the outcome could have been different. I really hope we move some of the want always away. Get players in that want to play and more importantly want to win.

Last edited:
Set pieces are our downfall
Maybe we should look at two things:
1) Get a big no nonsense centre half who can clear cross balls coming into the box
2) And FFS, at corners, put at least one man on the post, it's basic fitba, and it works more often than not
And when you're defending a set piece, and an opponent running in from outside the box, have a defender running out to meet him, or at least put him off, I don't care if our guy starts in our net, or on the byline, but his momentum is key in this scenario
Let the wrestling go on in the box, but one of ours keying on the incoming attacker needs to happen
Too many times we have someone left open at the back post, it's not rocket surgery :rolleyes:

HH

Set pieces are our downfall
Maybe we should look at two things:
1) Get a big no nonsense centre half who can clear cross balls coming into the box
2) And FFS, at corners, put at least one man on the post, it's basic fitba, and it works more often than not
And when you're defending a set piece, and an opponent running in from outside the box, have a defender running out to meet him, or at least put him off, I don't care if our guy starts in our net, or on the byline, but his momentum is key in this scenario
Let the wrestling go on in the box, but one of ours keying on the incoming attacker needs to happen
Too many times we have someone left open at the back post, it's not rocket surgery :rolleyes:

HH
I'm a glutton for punishment Dill. I've watched the goal over an over. Helander started his run on the edge of the box, all the defence were with their markers so he ran into the space between Starfelt and Christie, he's so tall I don't think anyone else could have leapt to meet that ball. Hart was moving to his right and the ball went to his left, if he'd stayed still he would have caught it, still he got a hand to it, maybe if there was someone on the back post he would have. It's history now, but like you I don't know why we don't have a man on the back post anymore.

Back