Celtic v the currant buns 29th August- match thread

I sometimes wonder what other people be watching.
Eddie was terrible. Are you saying he was on a par with Eddie?
I thought he livened the game up when he came on and got in about them in the middle which is more than what Turnbull or McGregor done and what was badly needed. I hope he gets a run of games to prove all the doubters wrong.
McGregor had a not bad first half ..Turnbull was an empty shirt ..looked like a Motherwell player and not a very good one ..Soro was ok when he came on but to me looks like a headlesd chicken at times ...cany say i was impressed with anyone today bar wee Monty ..theres a player there .

I have to agree with you there m8
Was excellent last season
Not had a chance really this season
He got a bit of gip on here today
But to me he only did what the rest did and played possession passes
Anyhow there’s others in that team that are meant to be playing probing passes
Not his style and not his job
Thought we had a wee spell when he came in which was our only one
But he gets it cos he’s not rogic or Mcgregor or turnbull
There's players always get a free pass and others who always get slaughtered. I don't know why that is. Calmac done ok in the first half but was shite in the second half. Where was his leadership when it was needed? But we'll blame Soro. Calmac pulls out of challenges on a regular basis, but nobody mentions that. There's a shite as big as a dog in him.
Turnbull was atrocious as was Eddie. Abada done fuckin nothin. Christie was his usual shite self against the huns.
But everyone picks on a man that only got 15 minutes to try and salvage something because of all the afore mentioned useless hooers.
I just don't understand it.

Not that I’ve calmed doon to just being sick
I still have complete faith in where we’re going with the manager
But today’s performance was worse than even anything we offered up at greyskull last season
It was like an obsession with possession for most of the game
Now we can’t fault effort in the team but they just never did the things that we’ve seen all season from them
Can't agree Stg, we were worse than the last 2 visits to the shithole.
Showed them far to much respect, for a team that deserves none whatsoever.
Couldn't really see them scoring, yet the set play was always going to be a worry and so it proved.
We still had the best chances overall, and only eddy couldn't say how the fuck he missed that.
Still had a good few, who played well below themselves, no question.
But if you take where we are at the end of August, qualifying for the europa league, quarter finals of league Cup which you can count upon being a semi final, and only 4 points off top spot with only 4 league games played, then I don't think it's anything to worry about still, after 1 game that didn't go our way.

McGregor had a not bad first half ..Turnbull was an empty shirt ..looked like a Motherwell player and not a very good one ..Soro was ok when he came on but to me looks like a headlesd chicken at times ...cany say i was impressed with anyone today bar wee Monty ..theres a player there .
Mcgregor plays the same game no matter the opposition. He’s not above criticism but he rarely had a poor day
Thought the defence did well considering new bhoy and relation switched
Their goal you can grumble but it was some header right in corner
Turnbull for me gets an outing when your at home. Away and big games he tries but posted missing

Can't agree Stg, we were worse than the last 2 visits to the shithole.
Showed them far to much respect, for a team that deserves none whatsoever.
Couldn't really see them scoring, yet the set play was always going to be a worry and so it proved.
We still had the best chances overall, and only eddy couldn't say how the fuck he missed that.
Still had a good few, who played well below themselves, no question.
But if you take where we are at the end of August, qualifying for the europa league, quarter finals of league Cup which you can count upon being a semi final, and only 4 points off top spot with only 4 league games played, then I don't think it's anything to worry about still, after 1 game that didn't go our way.
You are agreeing ya nutter 🤣
Reread

I sometimes wonder what other people be watching.
Eddie was terrible. Are you saying he was on a par with Eddie?
I thought he livened the game up when he came on and got in about them in the middle which is more than what Turnbull or McGregor done and what was badly needed. I hope he gets a run of games to prove all the doubters wrong.
I suppose so, he ran about kicking people and playing backward passes.

I
There's players always get a free pass and others who always get slaughtered. I don't know why that is. Calmac done ok in the first half but was shite in the second half. Where was his leadership when it was needed? But we'll blame Soro. Calmac pulls out of challenges on a regular basis, but nobody mentions that. There's a shite as big as a dog in him.
Turnbull was atrocious as was Eddie. Abada done fuckin nothin. Christie was his usual shite self against the huns.
But everyone picks on a man that only got 15 minutes to try and salvage something because of all the afore mentioned useless hooers.
I just don't understand it.
Sorro was the new Christ last season
This year he’s the booboo bhoy
Dint get it either

abada was a conundrum first half
Was as if someone drained the confidence out of him pre match

So now I've chilled 🤣🤣

Can't believe nobody has called out the incident with their keeper and kyogo...100% a penalty..the wee man nicks the ball past him and the keeper takes him out
Obviously, Eddie should score, Abadi should do better with the ball when put through
Kyogo, has to do better with both chances he was put through late in the game...
MacGregor was outstanding in the first half, nobody could get near him
Second half, they put Kent on him and he did a great job on him to be fair

One thing we haven't learnt about playing Gerard's huns....every time the keeper has the ball, they have a man either side of him...it invites the high press..9/10 times they play the ball over our forward players and their ball winners in midfield most of the time pick it up...Why don't we just let them try and build from the back and press them into a mistake in the midfield?? They are predictable but it's effective from them...

Lessons to be learned...our extremely young , inexperienced but ultimately talented players will build great experience from that incessant, horrible atmosphere and going forward, we will be much better

So now I've chilled 🤣🤣

Can't believe nobody has called out the incident with their keeper and kyogo...100% a penalty..the wee man nicks the ball past him and the keeper takes him out
Obviously, Eddie should score, Abadi should do better with the ball when put through
Kyogo, has to do better with both chances he was put through late in the game...

One thing we haven't learnt about playing Gerard's huns....every time the keeper has the ball, they have a man either side of him...it invites the high press..9/10 times they play the ball over our forward players and their ball winners in midfield most of the time pick it up...Why don't we just let them try and build from the back and press them into a mistake in the midfield?? They are predictable but it's effective from them...

Lessons to be learned...our extremely young , inexperienced but ultimately talented players will build great experience from that incessant, horrible atmosphere and going forward, we will be much better
The keeper made a save
Kyogo got touch onto keeper then the clashed. No penalty
I’m fond of a ref to blame but….
Thought the MIB did well today 🙄
All of them
We need to look at ourselves not anyone else

So now I've chilled 🤣🤣

I also said it early first half
We had no press at all
They played from the keeper and we should have been all over them
Strangely we didn’t 🤷‍♂️

So now I've chilled 🤣🤣

Spot on.

I also said it early first half
We had no press at all
They played from the keeper and we should have been all over them
Strangely we didn’t 🤷‍♂️

They always do it...suck our players in and then play it long...do it in every game and not just against us...they are not good enough to build play from the back...the keeper took Kyogo out.. penalty for me

Big ange got it totally wrong today,,Eddie plays better wide left coming inside,Kyogo better thru middle which allows Abada to come to back post which he has done on a few occasions and scored,,but it’s a learning curve for the big man,seasons just starting,based on the huns performance we got fuckall to fear there,but need to get a centre half pronto it’s way too easy for attacking teams at set plays,we get free kicks 30-40 yards out and ma bottle goes! That shouldn’t happen,wit the fucks going on way chris julliene??van dyke an Andy Robertson had similar injuries and both are back fully fit?

Members online

Latest posts

Back