Celtic voted greatest team of the last century beating Barca,,,again

To true Micheal it used to be you would see scouts at every junior match and down the park watching youngsters,we are very lucky at Celtic bringing youth through,don't know how many are playing around Britain but I am sure somebody will when the 3 young lads came to Swindon they made a big difference to the team and were and still are popular Si Ferry Scot Cothbert and Paul Caddis who has returned to the team, James, Ryan Mc Gregor and K. T. Who has moved on.when Mucky Murray started His team of cheats that changed goodness knows how many future players we lost just to fill someone's ego but that was the nature of the beast instant success and to hell with the consequences
They get a great football education at Celtic, steeped in history and glory. Like the boys at Swindon, Cal Mac ran amok doon there as a loan player, I'm sure he ended up top scorer at Notts County when he was on loan there. HH

I feel very fortunate that I and other members on this site such as Michael Duffy were able to see this Great Celtic Team in action under the guidance of Big Jock and to be voted the Best Team is well deserved .The team played the game with attractive forward play which became the norm for all future teams. It's been said that the Dutch started Total Football but we witnessed it with Jock's Team. The Manager put pride and belief in his players and the will to win any game and against any team and to always entertain the fans and never forget that they are playing for CELTIC. HH

I feel very fortunate that I and other members on this site such as Michael Duffy were able to see this Great Celtic Team in action under the guidance of Big Jock and to be voted the Best Team is well deserved .The team played the game with attractive forward play which became the norm for all future teams. It's been said that the Dutch started Total Football but we witnessed it with Jock's Team. The Manager put pride and belief in his players and the will to win any game and against any team and to always entertain the fans and never forget that they are playing for CELTIC. HH
Saul,i firstwent to watch Celtic in 1962, and we were bad, any player showing any talent was sold, Paddy Crerand,50,60,000crowds reported as 25,000!,little did ah know what was to come,whoever worked in the background, bringing our heroes through,who had the foresight to bring back big Jock? well! ah couldnae believe the journey, witnessing history unfold before ma very eyes,the football we played, the teams we tanned,the players we had, humble and real Celtic men, gave us even more history,great memory, the lions walking out in Lisbon,and wee Jinky. pointin at Fachetti, sayin "your markin me?"! feckin gallus! COME ON YOU BHOYS IN GREEN! Hail Hail ☘ 🍺🥳

Fantastic days eh Michael,the man credited with bringing Big Jock to Celtic was Jimmy Gribbben from Baillieston, where I grew up. Jimmy was a scout at Celtic and their first and second choice centre halfs were out injured. Jimmy remembered Jock played C.Half with Albion Rovers and was now in Wales and told Bob Kelly that Jock would be an ideal stop gap till the injured players returned.The rest is History.On that Great Season,my mates and I sat on the Rickety Pie Stall Roof watching Celtic hammer Man Utd with their star players such as Charlton, Law,Stiles,Stepney and Giles all playing and getting roasted by a swashbuckling Celtic. (Utd won the European Cup the following season).I attended the game in which the Lions played their last game together, Ronnie Simpson led out the Bhoys but didn't play as he sustained a shoulder injury when colliding with Jimmy Quinn, a young prospect with Celtic and on loan to Clyde. This injury ended Ronnie's career. What a keeper he was.

Fantastic days eh Michael,the man credited with bringing Big Jock to Celtic was Jimmy Gribbben from Baillieston, where I grew up. Jimmy was a scout at Celtic and their first and second choice centre halfs were out injured. Jimmy remembered Jock played C.Half with Albion Rovers and was now in Wales and told Bob Kelly that Jock would be an ideal stop gap till the injured players returned.The rest is History.On that Great Season,my mates and I sat on the Rickety Pie Stall Roof watching Celtic hammer Man Utd with their star players such as Charlton, Law,Stiles,Stepney and Giles all playing and getting roasted by a swashbuckling Celtic. (Utd won the European Cup the following season).I attended the game in which the Lions played their last game together, Ronnie Simpson led out the Bhoys but didn't play as he sustained a shoulder injury when colliding with Jimmy Quinn, a young prospect with Celtic and on loan to Clyde. This injury ended Ronnie's career. What a keeper he was.
Remember the Man utd game Saul,was at the hun end, 4-1 played them off the park, the Lions were fantastic, Jinky played another blinder, Bobby Charlton after the game said , he'd love it if Bobby Lennox came to Man Utd! COYBIG!!!! Great days ☘ 🍺🥳

Back