CELTIC vs. Red Bull Salzburg - All comments here

I see the press are already giving Gordon a hard time for his error . Personally I thought he kept us in the game , especially first half . He was trying to keep the pace of the game up when he threw out the ball but give the forward credit , he anticipated well .
But for Gordon the game would have been lost already by halftime . No criticism from me - and not just because we are through - there were many others on the park tonight who will escape criticism but whose performances were far worse than the goalie's.
I'm thinking on the same lines as yourself Millsy,other fans are slagging him but not me,he's still the best keeper we have. If Ajer had scored it could have ended 2-2 which would have be unfair on our opponents.

They were good but we were fkn woeful . Just got in, Watched it in s shit sport bar in Victoria on ma Jack. For me no positives to be taken from that , an absolute shit show. If our aim is to just keep on keeping on to 10 in a row then BR is yer man, if we want to do anything beyond turn up in Europe then he isnae. No apologies for saying it whether yeez like it or no. #lessonslearned..........whatever the fuck # means?
I think your a bit hard on B R. Give him the money the other teams inEurope have then judge him. Our opponents r a class team who could lift the cup unbeaten this season and did their homework on us,snuffed out Rogic and knew he can't tackle so he was easy meat,Sinclair is crap,French Eddie well covered and no pressure from any of our players,hardly a shot on goals, yet,if Ajer had scored we could have got a draw. Funny old game,ain't it Noah

I think your a bit hard on B R. Give him the money the other teams inEurope have then judge him. Our opponents r a class team who could lift the cup unbeaten this season and did their homework on us,snuffed out Rogic and knew he can't tackle so he was easy meat,Sinclair is crap,French Eddie well covered and no pressure from any of our players,hardly a shot on goals, yet,if Ajer had scored we could have got a draw. Funny old game,ain't it Noah

I know there's no point in going through the 'what ifs', but I'll do it anyway: if Ajer buries that sitter and Gordon doesn't do a Karius. We've won that game.

We thumped Killie because the players had belief in themselves but against Red Bull it wasn't there.perhaps the team need someone to gee them up or maybe get the Lions to urge them on. Many a time the TIC have played in Europe and have had the rough end of dodgy Refs and linesmen given penalties and free kicks that the other team has scored or our men sent off for no offence and the only time I remember us getting a slice of luck was Billy McNeil winning the tossing of the coin against Benfica in the70s which took us into the next round and eventually the Cup Final so we were well over due another bit of fortune. H H.

We thumped Killie because the players had belief in themselves but against Red Bull it wasn't there.perhaps the team need someone to gee them up or maybe get the Lions to urge them on. Many a time the TIC have played in Europe and have had the rough end of dodgy Refs and linesmen given penalties and free kicks that the other team has scored or our men sent off for no offence and the only time I remember us getting a slice of luck was Billy McNeil winning the tossing of the coin against Benfica in the70s which took us into the next round and eventually the Cup Final so we were well over due another bit of fortune. H H.

I think we just aren't good enough when up against class teams like Salzburg and I don't think we should be embarrassed about that

We are what we are and we play where we do

We don't have access to TVs fortunes We don't have benefactors ploughing in millions
We get a fraction of the price for players we sell but we just get on with things

As an aside If Craig Gordon hadn't been so blasé with his distribution we'd have drawn a match that we were totally outpllayed in and if Ajer hadn't ballooned the ball over the bar when it was easier to score we could have won perhaps we're not as bad as we or others might think

If if's and ands were pots and pans there would be no need for gipsies

We didn't tapke our chances Salzburg took tbeir"s

HH?

Last edited:
Back