Champions v Livi, Sat 23-Dec-2023 at 3pm. Ref=Matthew MacDermid, VAR = Alan Muir

It’s s fair summary winter
I think there’s a few with potential chucked in years before ready
My point on Bernardo wasn’t a slight on him, just the lack of vision
But he’s not cut out for the game in Scotland, he will have s decent career in the sun at an average club
If he's to follow in jotas footsteps he'd better morph into Scott Brown or lenny and quickstyle right now there's no way we'll pay the 6mill or whatever his option is but I think its similar to jotas.
Hopefully he proves us all wrong and we get another steal from benfca but it's really down to Rodgers who gets the call. Turnbull looks like he might be off this window which is a mixed emotions one for me , so much talent so little motivation ( says the guy on his phone at ½1 in the morning)
Good night Happy Christmas eve .....WHIT 😴 😴😴😴

Zero shots at goal apparently. Literally impossible to be more negative.
Well fuck their support who pay to watch that shite week in, week out
Noticed the mason in blue got the memo about getting in the fucking way
And noted that they bastards wasted two minutes attempting to take two throw ins at 0-0
As I said wee Elmer and his Fudds deserve all they get end of the season HH

Just finished watching the game and it brought a tear to my eye as I took my daughters and their cousins to the same game last year... and don't know when we'll be back.

Thought the game was similar to last year in fact, shite weather, lots of chances not taken and a good atmoshere - could actually hear the crowd through Celtic TV. Loved the Merry Christmas f*ck the huns in the second half. Remember my daughters singing that and loving it (as they were allowed to swear!).

Anyway, merry Christmas to everyone, hope everyone enjoys themselves... the blip is over!

It was a much better game. We squandered a few good chances and Livi were a disgrace. 3 well deserved, very comfortable points. The highlights are a few posts above if you are able to watch them. I hope you are right sbout tomorrow's result but I have my doubts about just how hard they will try against sevco.
Cheers mate.....someone txt me and said the livi keeper had a few good saves second half too.....aye Motherwell are not having great season but miracles can happen this time of year 😂 rangers might not get penalty so it could be 2.0 to Motherwell😂

All about taking maximum points just now and getting over the line anyway we can.
Biggest improvement for me yesterday was attitude and energy for the full 90+ mins.

A wee spell of doubt crept in after 25 mins until half time but goals change everything and we saw a weight come off the shoulders of the players when Kyogo scores.
We are still not doing enough on that final pass or shot at goal but if we keep up the press on and off the ball we will get our rewards.

Need everybody on it now until the break no passengers.

All about taking maximum points just now and getting over the line anyway we can.
Biggest improvement for me yesterday was attitude and energy for the full 90+ mins.

A wee spell of doubt crept in after 25 mins until half time but goals change everything and we saw a weight come off the shoulders of the players when Kyogo scores.
We are still not doing enough on that final pass or shot at goal but if we keep up the press on and off the ball we will get our rewards.

Need everybody on it now until the break no passengers.
It happens at some point to all teams in all sports (except the Harlem Globetrotters) when you go through a sticky patch and things just don't come off right for you. At that point it is mental toughness and hard work that will see you through.

Unfortunately, there were a couple of games there when too many players didn't roll up their sleeves and got stuck in. You can't just feel sorry for yourself and mope around the pitch while wearing a Celtic strip. That is not good enough. Funnily enough, I thought Kyogo was actually trying to hard and when he finally received a chance he snatched at it - now he can relax again.

Hopefully we've turned a corner now and gotten our Mojo back. Let's have a successful festive period. HH

On reflection of yesterday's game, which only one side tried to win, thinking about Oh , he's still no Giakoumakis but he does look like he's getting sharper. Should've scored he's only going to get better with minutes but he better not take too long about it as I've a feeling another striker is incoming.
Was good to see big CCV deciding to have a shot at goal from distance, he's been in that position many times I've thought hit it but no back out wide too often. This time he did shoot and his rocket hit the livi defender smack in the face like a sledgehammer and off he went concussed but I want to see more of that from him and others when the chance presents itself.
Palma reminds me of Jota at times, can be devastatingly brilliant and awful in the same game I think he still needs coaching to lift his head more and be aware of his options more often than shooting from everywhere even his corners are often shots and he's came close but scoring from a corner is no easy thing and with his range of passing I'd like to see more corners like the one scales scored from coming from Palma, we can all see he's exceptionally talented but his decision making definately can be improved upon, I'm not slating him , 2 assists at the end of the day but he has 9 others to help him and that's often the better option.

I got a text from my brother (often a glass half empty type) " ffs no Forrest again he's passed it" but I've actually liked what I've seen from Forrest this season, which isn't a lot but he's back to running at defenders and still has the speed to beat them, he probably won't play as much when we have Tilio and Abada back.
Also Rodgers actually had me with a lump in my throat and eyes glazed over when in his post match interview he spoke of those who have nothing and no one to share Christmas with, was a really nice touch and from the heart , I don't know why some don't like him?
Oh aye, he left us for Leicester the fukn bassa 🤪
This side has so much potential in it and that sentence annoys me as its the same every season and then we sell too soon too often & that potential is never realised at CP anyway.
Maeda and Yang , I watch those two and think their brains way too fast for their own feet never mind their team mates. If those two could harness such speed and learn to have a better first touch look out opposition. I'd bet Maeda would have given Usain bolt a good run for his money over 60 metres his speed is unreal especially when you witness it in the flesh.
Hatate is apparently close to returning which is good news but I'm also slightly disappointed that no-one stepped up and grabbed that opportunity. We saw Holm, we saw Bernardo, we saw Turnbull and my mhan Iwata and none made it their own, iwata looked like he had and then gets injured having waited patiently for his chance I feel for him , should've tried him sooner.
Whit else? Joe Hart, can't see Celtic signing a keeper in January, might start talks with one but for now, the positions we need to prioritise will take precedent over a keeper.

The Asian Cup starts on January 12th finishes February 10th and we will lose up to 9 players, if we count the unders too.
We have to navigate 4 games I believe in that time (h) v Buckie Thistle on the 21st Jan, (h) Ross County 27th Jan, (a) Aberdeen 3rd Feb and (a) hibs 7th February.
On top of that and looking at the Asian Cup groups it's fair to assume our bhoys are going to be there for the vast majority of the tournament, Japan favourites Australia and South Korea right behind
Screenshot_20231224_123825_Chrome.jpg
Must say , well done Palestine for even qualifying for the tournament , 100/1 shots but we're it not for the Algerian FA financing everything for them from hosting their home fixtures to buying kits ,boots , and everything a professional side requires including the cost of the stay in Qatar which I hear is a bit more expensive than Largs, massive respect to Algeria 🇩🇿.
My Barber Ali is Algerian and is an absolute fountain of fitba knowledge , how brilliant it would be for Palestine to win that cup

Cannot believe how deep Livi sat in v Us yesterday, that is dire, I would rather take my chances playing football than scraping a living, there are plenty of guys put of work who would love to play football for free or the bonus if a ga,e and a few extra quid for the pub.
I listened to the radio for a few minutes during the game and could not believe the praise all the commentators were giving Livi for sitting with 11 men in their own box. Then when they went 2 down all they went on about was how Livi needed to shut up shop now and not concede any more.

Yes, we all understand that these teams have poorer players than us and have no responsibility to "entertain the Celtc fans" (I have never heard any fan of any side demand that their opponents entertain them). But I'd argue these anti-football tactics rarely bring any success and in fact teams enjoy more success when they have a go against us.

Surely players and coaches have some pride. Also, no wonder our national sport is in such dire straits when you see eye-bleedingly awful dross like that being praised to the heavens as if it is the work of a footballing genius.

I actually see more entertaining skillful football played by the top half of the Highland Leagues sides than I do many of the Premiership clubs.

Members online

Back