Chris Sutton on death threats and a car mounting a pavement to run him down

As the article points out - it is his association with Celtic that attracts the nutters from the Dark Side .

And it is not helped by the attitude of the directors at Ipox who claimed ( Aye , right ! ) that they ''couldn't guarantee his safety '' while on duty with SKY TV .
What an indictment of a supposed business organisation in the 21stC - albeit a failing business !

''Everyone - Anyone !!!'' Gies peace !

HH

a lot more threatening than, "How'd ye like that result Cantwell".
As far as I can recall, only the late Ian Archer had the balls to call out the pernicious hatred that spews unabated from the Klan.

There have been a few journalists who have tinkered round the edges now and then. But for whatever reason, fear for their jobs, or even their safety when out and about, they soon clam up.

Ahh Fenians, the last social group you can still abuse and attack with impunity.
Is anyone surprised by this? The sevvies have always attacked those who tell the truth about them.
Most sports media in Scotland have a form of self censorship, they know what not to say.
Sutton speaks truth to sevvies and they dont like it. Its never happened before.

As far as I can recall, only the late Ian Archer had the balls to call out the pernicious hatred that spews unabated from the Klan.

There have been a few journalists who have tinkered round the edges now and then. But for whatever reason, fear for their jobs, or even their safety when out and about, they soon clam up.
Permanent embarrassment and occasional disgrace, or something similar he called them Frank.

I found this in a book of newspaper reports of important Celtic games since 1925. This is from the Daily Record of 12/5/1980 after the Cup final riot, written by Alex Cameron

The root cause is religion, Rangers stubbornly refuse to do their part in a modern way to start the long and difficult process of removing this horrible barrier.
This can only be kicked off when they sign Catholic players as they promised they would after rioting at Birmingham in October 1976, when the referee had to abandon a friendly game against Aston Villa.
Rangers raised this as an issue themselves. And in doing so openly conceded that their policy of religious apartheid played a significant part in sordid crowd trouble. The Ibrox club have sidestepped their responsibilities and broken a promise. Surely they cannot go on doing so. Its important to face the fact Celtic are seen as representatives of Catholics and rangers the team of Protestants. But, whereas several of the Celtic team who won the cup are non Catholic, the Rangers losers were all Protestants.
There is even a practical side to this. Rangers penalise themselves in the search for players which they cannot afford to do on the evidence of Saturdays game.

Here we are 43 years later and religious hatred is alive and well at the Den of No Equity

Permanent embarrassment and occasional disgrace, or something similar he called them Frank.

I found this in a book of newspaper reports of important Celtic games since 1925. This is from the Daily Record of 12/5/1980 after the Cup final riot, written by Alex Cameron

The root cause is religion, Rangers stubbornly refuse to do their part in a modern way to start the long and difficult process of removing this horrible barrier.
This can only be kicked off when they sign Catholic players as they promised they would after rioting at Birmingham in October 1976, when the referee had to abandon a friendly game against Aston Villa.
Rangers raised this as an issue themselves. And in doing so openly conceded that their policy of religious apartheid played a significant part in sordid crowd trouble. The Ibrox club have sidestepped their responsibilities and broken a promise. Surely they cannot go on doing so. Its important to face the fact Celtic are seen as representatives of Catholics and rangers the team of Protestants. But, whereas several of the Celtic team who won the cup are non Catholic, the Rangers losers were all Protestants.
There is even a practical side to this. Rangers penalise themselves in the search for players which they cannot afford to do on the evidence of Saturdays game.

Here we are 43 years later and religious hatred is alive and well at the Den of No Equity
That's why I get pissed off when some of us respond in kind, Richybhoy. Much as I'm big enough and ugly enough to know the laws of action and reaction, I just wish, at times, we realised who, and what, we represent. I expect it from them; there's no excuse for occupying the gutter along with them, though.

Always cracks me up that a big lanky guy from Norwich, who'd won the EPL but found his career in the balance thanks to Chelsea's bizarre management, came up here, rebooted into a hooped superhero, and has been occupying Huns' thick heids for the best part of a quarter of a century.

A QUARTER OF A CENTURY! he's tormented them. FFs :ROFLMAO:

Surely some sort of Uber-Hunskelper award is in order?

Back