Christie, Christie Burning Bright

We Christie needed to bulk up and has done. A few of the younger players who lack the physicality to cope should follow his example. Johnson and Henderson in particular. Both have great technical ability but get muscled out too easily. Christie has become a key player for us. Until they toughen up I can’t see the other two being first team picks.

Haven't seen henderson get muscled of a ball yet. He’s fast and shows willing to have a go.

He is on the thin side though and would be better trying to add to his physique for his own protection.

He needs to increase his core strength I think. Great touch and eye, I just feel it would benefit him and us greatly if he muscled up a bit. I’m sure they are working on that today’s game requires both. If you look at the young Ajax team they are all built.

Haven't seen henderson get muscled of a ball yet. He’s fast and shows willing to have a go.

He is on the thin side though and would be better trying to add to his physique for his own protection.
The greatest of them all was a human flea with the strength of an ox, the key to a good footballer lies in the legs ability to carry you for a pulsating 90 mins, provided you can play of course .
"
He stood just 5ft 4in tall, and had a skinny frame that said much about the post-war deprivation in the Lanarkshire mining community he grew up in. That low centre of gravity and impeccable balance - ………….. used to practice the skill by walking around the top pole of the fence that surrounded his local football pitch in Viewpark - meant …….could twist in any direction without falling over. He was nicknamed "…." by the Celtic supporters for the way he ….. past opponents. …… was the icon of that great Celtic side and in 2002 he was voted the club's greatest ever player by fans.

……….. was born in Viewpark, Lanarkshire in 1944. His father, Matt, worked in the local colliery and was ……. greatest supporter. The boy's biggest influence was Sir Stanley Matthews, the former England player whose autobiography he had read aged 12. ….. used to dribble around milk bottles every day in his hallway for three hours to perfect his dribbling skills. He had read that Matthews used to walk to Blackpool's ground wearing heavy boots to strengthen his leg muscles, so …… started wearing pit boots and would sprint and play football in the them. "I was about 17 at the time and it probably added about three yards on to my pace," he recalled later.

Word of …….. talent reached Manchester United and he played a trial, but that simply prompted Celtic to sign him. He made his first-team début at the age of 19 in 1963, but it was not a good era"

What a guy, couldn't speak a word of English then done an interview after a season or so.

Never laughed so much in years, solid German accent interspersed with glescaese.........great wee player too and put they muscles to good use firing that rocket past the pig.
What a dig he had, need to find guys like them, loved the club, fans and the country, big Mika's family are heartbroken having to leave Glasgows green and white influence .

Long time admirer of Christie's skill and was delighted when we bought him. Happy too that he came up here on loan (a lot of my pals actually thought they would then keep him at Pittodrie - they seriously thought that was our plan for him!!!).

Last year before the first new Glasgow derby I confidently predicted that this was the game Christie would become a Celtic hero and hunskelper - well nothing happened. ? Shows what I know!

Wasn't until the 2nd half of the Hearts game that our season and his career changed. Become such an important player for us very quickly and we really missed him towards the end of last season after that sickening "accident" from a friend.

Back