Christie, Christie Burning Bright

What a guy, couldn't speak a word of English then done an interview after a season or so.

Never laughed so much in years, solid German accent interspersed with glescaese.........great wee player too and put they muscles to good use firing that rocket past the pig.

After that goal went in from Andeas at Ibrox it panned to the Celtic end and my young brother can he clearly seen going mental and vigourly telling the Pre Sevconians to get it right up them. made me proud. :)

Long time admirer of Christie's skill and was delighted when we bought him. Happy too that he came up here on loan (a lot of my pals actually thought they would then keep him at Pittodrie - they seriously thought that was our plan for him!!!).

Last year before the first new Glasgow derby I confidently predicted that this was the game Christie would become a Celtic hero and hunskelper - well nothing happened. ? Shows what I know!

Wasn't until the 2nd half of the Hearts game that our season and his career changed. Become such an important player for us very quickly and we really missed him towards the end of last season after that sickening "accident" from a friend.
I was delighted when we signed him too, BB, mainly due to his own talent, but partly because his Da' had some unfinished business to attend to.

Was never sure his style was ever at ease with Buck's gameplan though. RC was more direct and liked to get beyond the frontmen, I think Buck preferred his point man to always play in front of his midfield and that was alien to RC's style.

It wasn't tactical genius that saw him get his break, it was necessity. RC showed his character though, he didn't throw his toys oot or pet his lip - he took the opportunity and made himself a key part of the team.

It was the reaction of his Ma & Da when he scored the winner in the League Cup Final that I remember most about that game. I think Charlie attended to some of that unfinished business when that one went in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back