Christie corners

All our corners are shite, we've now got at least 3 6'3"+ players who should be getting to the ball 1st yet we still cant score from a corner, this needs to be worked on. I think Bauer could end up our corner taker but that depends on him getting a start.

Every player that steps up to take corners for Celtic over the last few seasons seems to forget the idea is to put it in the box so you have a chance of scoring its usually. Underhit and doesn't get past the first man or it's overshot and out for a throw in bizzare just about covers it

In the last three years, since Rogers came to CFC til' the present time, Celtic have had over 850 corners and scored only 5 goals directly from them.

I have scrutinised my match programs from New year 2018 and week by week have only added to them since.
I haven't included friendlies nor Euro games, it only makes it for greater concern.

However, domestically, there have been 17 goals from corners that have been passed or crossed around the area a few times and eventually been scored from.
I called them 'advantaged corners'.

Moritz Bauer can take a throw in from anywhere on the park and almost throw it in the box or the 'D' at least, from the half way line........so, staying onside, our boys could create many more opportunities that create scoring chances, if Bauer is in the team.
A couple of weeks ago, he took a throw in with a 'runny' that must have landed at least forty yards from where he released the ball.
Who knows how his corners might turn out.

In the last three years, since Rogers came to CFC til' the present time, Celtic have had over 850 corners and scored only 5 goals directly from them.

I have scrutinised my match programs from New year 2018 and week by week have only added to them since.
I haven't included friendlies nor Euro games, it only makes it for greater concern.

However, domestically, there have been 17 goals from corners that have been passed or crossed around the area a few times and eventually been scored from.
I called them 'advantaged corners'.

Moritz Bauer can take a throw in from anywhere on the park and almost throw it in the box or the 'D' at least, from the half way line........so, staying onside, our boys could create many more opportunities that create scoring chances, if Bauer is in the team.
A couple of weeks ago, he took a throw in with a 'runny' that must have landed at least forty yards from where he released the ball.
Who knows how his corners might turn out.
5 from 850?? I knew we were bad at them didn't realise we were that bad, fuck me!

I thought his out swinging corners were much better last night than his inswinging corners, he couldn’t seem to reach the box or get good height on them. With a bit better finishing, from Jullien in particular, I think we could have scored at least one from a set piece.
Once Jullien gets his first from a corner I think he’ll score quiet a few this season. At long last we are at least showing a threat from corners again.
Excellent performance last night 🍀

All our corners are shite, we've now got at least 3 6'3"+ players who should be getting to the ball 1st yet we still cant score from a corner, this needs to be worked on. I think Bauer could end up our corner taker but that depends on him getting a start.
I think you have nailed it.
I am sure I read that Liverpool recruited a throw in coach ( another thing we are perennially poor at) maybe we should have a dedicated coach for corners because we could add a few goals by them being imaginative and decent
HH

I think you have nailed it.
I am sure I read that Liverpool recruited a throw in coach ( another thing we are perennially poor at) maybe we should have a dedicated coach for corners because we could add a few goals by them being imaginative and decent
HH
GW324H324

Back