Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Ah the great greedy KT debate about a young fella who spent the best part of 11-13yrs at the club and lived the dream and who the club were very quick to cash in on this promising youngster everyone seems to skip over that part

Did you all expect him to do ,go to Arsenal for the same wage he was on in the hope it wouldn't upset you lot

Am glad he went it shows ambition and i hope he has a great career it was the club who ushered tierney out the door ,it was the club who made the player feel unwelcome by keeping negotiations open and it was the club who didn't reinvest

But aye why didn't he stay in the same pish set up with the same pish managers and the same crap league ,,,,,,just to show he's a real diehard ffs
Then that argument applies to all from now on we are merely a selling club, so lets not hail the players to legend status and simply treat them as employees. lets not buy Into merchandise with their name on the back and lets teach the future not to buy their books or put their posters up as they will want to be gone as soon as. lets treat them as simply people employed by us and simply forgotten by us.

Sound arguments made on both sides. But for a career, we'd all but broke that kid. Arsenal took the time to fix him. Different argument perhaps but we ran that boy as he was into the ground. Not our proudest moment. Just my opinion.
Spot on Niall, with great points being made on both sides.
Now the splinters picking is finished, with debates like this, I tend to ask myself what I would have done in the same situation.
Easy answer for me, with Lenny just been given the job full time, but sorry I would have hot rodded it out the door and took the money on offer.
More so putting the career first and the riches a very very very close season

Then that argument applies to all from now on we are merely a selling club, so lets not hail the players to legend status and simply treat them as employees. lets not buy Into merchandise with their name on the back and lets teach the future not to buy their books or put their posters up as they will want to be gone as soon as. lets treat them as simply people employed by us and simply forgotten by us.
That sounds more like a huff than an argument but for all these things you mention it's the paying customers who put these players on a pedestal , it's the club who promote there image and again the paying customers who buy into it

but each to there own crack on

That sounds more like a huff than an argument but for all these things you mention it's the paying customers who put these players on a pedestal , it's the club who promote there image and again the paying customers who buy into it

but each to there own crack on
Not always the paying customer, sometimes the players are the ones who come up with the shite to punt their gear. When Scott Sinclair said paradise was home yesterday that was a sound bite for a future book or an appearance at Celtic park, players feather their own nests also. IMO

Not always the paying customer, sometimes the players are the ones who come up with the shite to punt their gear. When Scott Sinclair said paradise was home yesterday that was a sound bite for a future book or an appearance at Celtic park, players feather their own nests aslo
Did you expect him to say nothing because he's moved on

Agents are responsible for that shite and the club who also endorse it , the snake was just in the door and he had a book launch just in the same way clubs used to use Celtic for testimonials
we were seen as a cash cow easy money big support thanks then feck off ,,,,shearers comes to mind

McStay was never out of Cesars line ups and Cal mac has never been rested fully, different make up in bodies. Incidentally players can also request rest, they just have to show the physios the fatigue, they are not forced to continue when it can be shown they are in need of rest.
  • 16/17 Ruptured ankle ligament, 85 days 15 games
  • 17/18 Calf injury, 22 days 3 games
  • 18/19 Hip Injury 77 days 17 games
  • 18/19 Cals Sclerosis 5 days 2 games
  • 18/19 Hip Injury 13 days 2 games
  • 18/19 Groin Surgery 33 days 3 games
  • 19/20 Hip Injury 93 days 13 games (for Celtic and Arsenal)
Calmac and mcStay are different players. One is overplayed but getting away with it, and one eventually succumbed and retired through injury. Despite that they aren't relevant bar an example of players who played reguarly.
Tireney for a young lad was injured often and still played reguarly. The latter hip injury developed into a self confessed osteitis pubis problem, which is an ‘uncommon cause of pain in the groin and pelvis,’ and it occurs ‘when there is inflammation of the pubic symphysis, the joint of the two major pelvic bones at the front of the pelvis.’ “The most important treatment for osteitis pubis is rest,”
Perhaps he failed to raise his concerns, or perhaps we failed to manage it properly. Either way I'm sure where the reponsibility lay. The player doesn't have to ask if the medical team is on it. I'd play on one leg for Celtic and requiring an injection in the other, doesn't mean I should. That said he wanted to go, even before Arsenal it could and would have been Everton, doesn't mean we looked after him though.

• 16/17 Ruptured ankle ligament, 85 days 15 games
  • 17/18 Calf injury, 22 days 3 games
  • 18/19 Hip Injury 77 days 17 games
  • 18/19 Cals Sclerosis 5 days 2 games
  • 18/19 Hip Injury 13 days 2 games
  • 18/19 Groin Surgery 33 days 3 games
  • 19/20 Hip Injury 93 days 13 games (for Celtic and Arsenal)
Calmac and mcStay are different players. One is overplayed but getting away with it, and one eventually succumbed and retired through injury. Despite that they aren't relevant bar an example of players who played reguarly.
Tireney for a young lad was injured often and still played reguarly. The latter hip injury developed into a self confessed osteitis pubis problem, which is an ‘uncommon cause of pain in the groin and pelvis,’ and it occurs ‘when there is inflammation of the pubic symphysis, the joint of the two major pelvic bones at the front of the pelvis.’ “The most important treatment for osteitis pubis is rest,”
Perhaps he failed to raise his concerns, or perhaps we failed to manage it properly. Either way I'm sure where the reponsibility lay. The player doesn't have to ask if the medical team is on it. I'd play on one leg for Celtic and requiring an injection in the other, doesn't mean I should. That said he wanted to go, even before Arsenal it could and would have been Everton, doesn't mean we looked after him though.
We also ran McStay into the ground in his last few years and then insulted him with a pay per play contract

We also ran McStay into the ground in his last few years and then insulted him with a pay per play contract
I started watching Celtic and McStay in that centenary season and saw a geat player. This may seem harsh but bar one other season before he retired I never saw the player the fans around me saw. I've seen enough on video, but I never saw the player I know he was as he was either injured, playing through injury or generally recovering from it. always felt a wee bit cheted as a kid.
Never knew that about the contract.

Ah the great greedy KT debate about a young fella who spent the best part of 11-13yrs at the club and lived the dream and who the club were very quick to cash in on this promising youngster everyone seems to skip over that part

Did you all expect him to do ,go to Arsenal for the same wage he was on in the hope it wouldn't upset you lot

Am glad he went it shows ambition and i hope he has a great career it was the club who ushered tierney out the door ,it was the club who made the player feel unwelcome by keeping negotiations open and it was the club who didn't reinvest

But aye why didn't he stay in the same pish set up with the same pish managers and the same crap league ,,,,,,just to show he's a real diehard ffs
I grew up with the gaa. One life one club. You do it for the love of the Jersey. Tierney was the nearest thing Celtic had to this, or so I thought. He was doing something very few people will ever get the chance to do. He was getting handsomely paid in return, living a life few could dream of. He portrayed himself as this diehard Celtic supporter livin the dream. But whatever way you want to dress it up with the "ah the greedy kt debate". Thats what it came down to in the end. The pound note.
As far is I'm concerned Tierney is just another player who used Celtic to better themselves. Spare me the livin the dream diehard lifelong fan bullshit.
To me there is more to life than money.

I grew up with the gaa. One life one club. You do it for the love of the Jersey. Tierney was the nearest thing Celtic had to this, or so I thought. He was doing something very few people will ever get the chance to do. He was getting handsomely paid in return, living a life few could dream of. He portrayed himself as this diehard Celtic supporter livin the dream. But whatever way you want to dress it up with the "ah the greedy kt debate". Thats what it came down to in the end. The pound note.
As far is I'm concerned Tierney is just another player who used Celtic to better themselves. Spare me the livin the dream diehard lifelong fan bullshit.
Not sure GAA has a Turin, Barcelona, London or Munich version of clubs with oil ownership or TV millions to test that loyalty fully.

Not sure GAA has a Turin, Barcelona, London or Munich version of clubs with oil ownership or TV millions to test that loyalty fully.
I know its totally different. I was just using it as an example of how Tierney had portrayed himself, whether he meant to or not. He still lapped it up when it suited and pissed off when it suited. He just proved where his loyalty lay.
People talk about how religion has the world ruined. Not near as much as money and greed.

I know its totally different. I was just using it as an example of how Tierney had portrayed himself, whether he meant to or not. He still lapped it up when it suited and pissed off when it suited. He just proved where his loyalty lay.
People talk about how religion has the world ruined. Not near as much as money and greed.
Ach it is the money and greed that fucked religion too👍

Well at least we are having a debate which is healthy, we may not all see eye to eye in opinion but we can be sure it is because of our loyalty to Celtic we get disappointed when people we perceive as having the same devotion fail to deliver in our eyes, right or wrong, we the fans feel it more when they go, some more than others.

THe pound note was the club wanting to cash in on an asset that's not dressing it up that's fact ,do you think a player should stay around out of loyalty knowing that the club want rid of him ,,,nobody would

Am sure if there's anyone on here who travel the wishaw emerald or motherwell buses would be able to tell you how much of a diehards the Tierney family were

or do you lose that just because you moved on ,

THe pound note was the club wanting to cash in on an asset that's not dressing it up that's fact ,do you think a player should stay around out of loyalty knowing that the club want rid of him ,,,nobody would
The Hoops manager said: “Arsenal really showed their interest.

“It's a challenge he wanted to pursue and he goes with our best wishes.

Am sure if there's anyone on here who travel the wishaw emerald or motherwell buses would be able to tell you how much of a diehards the Tierney family were

or do you lose that just because you moved on ,
Not sure if that was the point in the beginning think it was the look at me and the green brigade at every opportunity when the lights were flashing that some are irked at not whether he supports Celtic, just not the die hard that was made out and willing to move. IMO all this move on for the challenge etc, as stated if that's the case why Arsenal, would have been better options if you want a challenge and want top flight crack at CL, as stated Arsenal are shite in Europe and are shite domestically, the LC down there is bollocks, two titles FA Cup and EPL, Arsenal not in the running.

Members online

Latest posts

Back