Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Rave reviews coming out of Ireland about this boy,cant be worse than what we have in his favoured position of left back.. also plays C/B and W/B..

HH.
Just get him signed. DD is major shareholder in Rovers

This is when we ll find out if Ange is a 100% yes man or not....a project Fae shamrock rovers...Dermot Desmond...get to fuck n take your lackeys in the board room wae yae...your a fuckin cretin of the highest order

Just get him signed. DD is major shareholder in Rovers
This is yet another potential problem that we still are unaware to address.
With the demand for players to be of a quality to earn a 1st team squad place, does this lad fit that criteria? Be very surprised if he was.
So now potentially up to 4 young players bought in, yet nothing on offer to help there development still.
So just loan them out still.
Not the way many teams operate these days.
You need these players together, playing together and if the chances arise then they are able to make the step up if required.
Should be within a team that is playing in the same style as the 1st team, so the transition between the 2 can be made easier.
More chances the Irish league is of a higher standard than lowland league, so where do we send him along with plenty of others to develop as still nothing on offer for them.
We have already the makings of an u23 team yet there's not a match for them in the foreseeable future.
Until this problem is addressed then it remains throwing darts in the dark and hoping to hit the bullseye.
Ridiculous situation to still remain in imo

This is yet another potential problem that we still are unaware to address.
With the demand for players to be of a quality to earn a 1st team squad place, does this lad fit that criteria? Be very surprised if he was.
So now potentially up to 4 young players bought in, yet nothing on offer to help there development still.
So just loan them out still.
Not the way many teams operate these days.
You need these players together, playing together and if the chances arise then they are able to make the step up if required.
Should be within a team that is playing in the same style as the 1st team, so the transition between the 2 can be made easier.
More chances the Irish league is of a higher standard than lowland league, so where do we send him along with plenty of others to develop as still nothing on offer for them.
We have already the makings of an u23 team yet there's not a match for them in the foreseeable future.
Until this problem is addressed then it remains throwing darts in the dark and hoping to hit the bullseye.
Ridiculous situation to still remain in imo
He SHOULD BE READY physically at least. He's 23 FFS. Stayed in Ireland apparently because he did not want to play any more reserve football. Get yer big boy pants on Liam.

Rave reviews coming out of Ireland about this boy,cant be worse than what we have in his favoured position of left back.. also plays C/B and W/B..

HH.
no harm to this player but is this what Dermot Desmond taking an interest in transfers gets us he might be great who knows

no harm to this player but is this what Dermot Desmond taking an interest in transfers gets us he might be great who knows
Can't see why anybody should have a problem with signing this bloke. There's no way he's being brought in as first team ready. I'm as impatient as anyone regarding the need for signings who WILL go straight into the first team. But, equally, I'm happy to give this boy a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

HH.
A boy from Desmond's Irish team. No way is that an ange signing

Can't see why anybody should have a problem with signing this bloke. There's no way he's being brought in as first team ready. I'm as impatient as anyone regarding the need for signings who WILL go straight into the first team. But, equally, I'm happy to give this boy a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
He's 22 not a young boy, older most of our back line in the CL qualifier.
Hrs coming from Desmond's Irish team a few days after we had the story the he was taking an hands on approach.
Do you think this is the managers signing?

He's whit 23 Frank so he's no really a project or a youth signing, looks like he is a first team signing. If he's good enough then fair enough, time will tell.

He's 22 not a young boy, older most of our back line in the CL qualifier.
Hrs coming from Desmond's Irish team a few days after we had the story the he was taking an hands on approach.
Do you think this is the managers signing?
Sorry Glasbhoy, I was posting at the same time as you. I think I preempted your question. Answered before I read the post above.

I think what you say is probably true. Which is why I don't think it's a signing for Ange's immediate plans. Still don't see why it seems to be upsetting some folk.
I think it's upsetting because we have someone buying players for the manager instead of by players the manager wants.
We don't have a head of recruitment.
We don't have a Dof.
We don't have a CEO with experience in football.
So who in the board room is identifying and buying players ?
The club said last week that Dermot is being more hands on with transfers this window. A few days later the rumours are we are in talks to sign a league of Ireland player who just happens to play for Dermot's Irish team

I've made the point in a post, quite some time ago, that I felt it would go down as an historic achievement if we took the title back this season. Now, in the interest of clarity, that's not the same as saying it can't be done. We are a truly massive club playing our football in what is a very poor league. There was only one team better than us last season. But they were better by 25 points. That is a huge amount of points to turn around. Results like the one we got on Saturday certainly don't help the cause. Sevco ARE better than us at the present time. The sooner we acknowledge that fact, the sooner we'll change it. HH
Did anyone watch Sevco's game at the weekend? I did and trying as much as I can not to be biased here - they started off well and got a deserved goal after about 10 minutes. But then it was almost a whole hour of increasingly unimaginative, uninspiring football with very little in the way of real chances.
Now this was against a Livingston team that has a lot of new players and presented themselves at Ibrokes as little more than slightly animated dustbins.
A poor defensive effort following a set piece and it was 2 nil and game over.
They seem sound defensively but we are not talking about something special here.

Admittedly this is one game but so was Tynecastle. The title is not out of reach if we can get our act together.

Did anyone watch Sevco's game at the weekend? I did and trying as much as I can not to be biased here - they started off well and got a deserved goal after about 10 minutes. But then it was almost a whole hour of increasingly unimaginative, uninspiring football with very little in the way of real chances.
Now this was against a Livingston team that has a lot of new players and presented themselves at Ibrokes as little more than slightly animated dustbins.
They seem sound defensively but we are not talking about something special here.

Admittedly this is one game but so was Tynecastle. The title is not out of reach if we can get our act together.
You can see how the manager is trying to play but we don't have the defenders to play that way at present. If we don't the the defence sort before the transfer window shuts , its going to be a long season

I think it's upsetting because we have someone buying players for the manager instead of by players the manager wants.
We don't have a head of recruitment.
We don't have a Dof.
We don't have a CEO with experience in football.
So who in the board room is identifying and buying players ?
The club said last week that Dermot is being more hands on with transfers this window. A few days later the rumours are we are in talks to sign a league of Ireland player who just happens to play for Dermot's Irish team
I don't think I would disagree with any of the points you make Glasbhoy, but I'm not averse to having a gamble on this bloke. I share your concerns in relation to what's goin' on in Paradise. If truth be told, folk like you and me, well, we get our knickers in a twist because we are so caught up in our club. But in reality our hopes and dreams are in the hands of others. We have no control over it. We can only live in hope.

Fair comment LC20, but as you say, it's only one game. The important part of your post is/are the last seven words.

Listening to a podcast today and the Celtic writer for The Athletic saying that Ange doesn't want Joe Hart or James McCarthy, if they are signed then they are being forced on him. Its no coincidence in the week since the leaked story to the record that DD is getting more involved with signings that we seem closest to signing Hart, McCarthy and Scales (who happens to be at a club DD has an interest in). There was another story that some Aussie press guys have been told by Ange's people that he is not happy and that the 'owner' interfered in everything including transfer targets.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back