Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

McCarthy was one I thought would be a good bit of business for us, providing he can stay fit he will add that much needed bit of steel and experience in the middle of the park. Add in him being a dyed in the wool Tim then I reckon his commitment to the cause will be a good influence on and galvanise those around him.

Hart I'm no so sure about, I don't know where he's at these days form wise and he's always had his flaws BUT he's surely a step up from anything we currently have at our disposal so at least we've made a material improvement between the sticks.

Last edited:
McCarthy was one I thought would be a good bit of business for us, providing he can stay fit he will add that much needed bit of steel and experience in the middle of the park. Add in him being a dyed in the wool Tim then I'm reckon his commitment to the cause will be a good influence on and galvanise those around him.

Hart I'm no so sure about, I don't know where he's at these days form wise and he's always had his flaws BUT he's surely a step up from anything we currently have at our disposal so at least we've made a material improvement between the sticks.
Hart at his worst is probably still better than Barkas at his best.

McCarthy was one I thought would be a good bit of business for us, providing he can stay fit he will add that much needed bit of steel and experience in the middle of the park. Add in him being a dyed in the wool Tim then I'm reckon his commitment to the cause will be a good influence on and galvanise those around him.

Hart I'm no so sure about, I don't know where he's at these days form wise and he's al had his flaws BUT he's surely a step up from anything we currently have at our disposal so at least we've made a material improvement between the sticks.

Guys played at euros, world cups , champions League, won every thing in England ...he's maybe lost his way but he is exactly what we need....Boruc was a flappy keeper too

It is good to get in a couple of very experienced players to help our many youngsters. Hart needs to organise his defence and McCarthy understands what these games mean and (assuming he can stay fit) will add some much-needed bite and gallusness to the middle of the park.

I see many assuming McCarthy will start instead of Soro, but I can see them playing together in a lot of games to stop us getting bullied, which will help Soro develop and pushes CalMac further up the pitch where he is much more effective.

Welcome bhoys and good luck.
Great shout to get callum further forward he won't need to drop deep anymore 👍

So what do you think we need now. As a minimum I would say a RB, LB & a striker if Eddy is leaving. Get them in place then the boy from Croatia and another CB and I will be as happy as a pig in shit
I'd settle for Buta, Hickey and Nisbet. I know many on here wouldn't but I think we would have a good team. Cahill might be worth a shot too to play in front of Hart.

Would love at this stage to get the eddy situation resolved once and for all.
Did think at this stage he would have been well on his way with money in the bank.
The longer it's dragging on the less chance I think we have of offloading him which again could be another very costly mistake made by the board.
So far during this window good business seems to have been done and at a profit still is quite amazing.
Yet more is needed especially as Ange doesn't seem to fancy Ajeti to much and griff nowhere to be seen still.
We do still need a goalscorer and you can't even see where the next goal for eddy is going to come from.
Hope we can offload him quickly, so we can get a replacement in and actually someone who wants to play and score goals for us..

Would love at this stage to get the eddy situation resolved once and for all.
Did think at this stage he would have been well on his way with money in the bank.
The longer it's dragging on the less chance I think we have of offloading him which again could be another very costly mistake made by the board.
So far during this window good business seems to have been done and at a profit still is quite amazing.
Yet more is needed especially as Ange doesn't seem to fancy Ajeti to much and griff nowhere to be seen still.
We do still need a goalscorer and you can't even see where the next goal for eddy is going to come from.
Hope we can offload him quickly, so we can get a replacement in and actually someone who wants to play and score goals for us..
Plenty time yet to rid ourselves of the waster.

Back