Coin throwing

Coin throwing and songs about the IRA killing Brendan Rodgers in his sleep? Well done fuckwits!

Claim to love Celtic through and through then shit all over our good name but hey as long as you get to indulge yerselfs eh!

Yes wrong song for the second one sorry - it was "Dublin in the green.....something about the queen and her sons...featured quite a bit against Valencia......now I do think it is bigorty when the Govan crew say the same about the Pope
Generations of Scottish children have been told of the brutality and injustice at the hands of the English going back to the 14th century. So do you think it's any different that families of Irish descent tell of there history in living memory of injustice, brutality, state sponsored Murder. It's not hatred. If you forget the past you can't move forward and reconcile.
I see a lot of the hatred and still waiting for the reconciliation - we should be above all that and leave it to those across the city.

Reactions: YYU
Yes wrong song for the second one sorry - it was "Dublin in the green.....something about the queen and her sons...featured quite a bit against Valencia......now I do think it is bigorty when the Govan crew say the same about the Pope

I see a lot of the hatred and still waiting for the reconciliation - we should be above all that and leave it to those across the city.
It takes generations mate. Look at south Africa still coming to terms with apartheid. Did you think it would happen over night.

Betty Windsor and her family are a completely different debate, maybe one night I'll crack a bottle of malt mate and we can get our teeth into that quagmire, good talking with you Dagurney, we can't all agree on everything on this forum or it would be shite, but we can agree to differ.

A small but nonetheless historic moment in Celtic history occurred on the evening of April 10th 1995 in a small field in the tiny Donegal townland of Mullachdubh, in the beautiful Rosses region.

Hundreds of people from across the Celtic heartland that is Donegal gathered to witness members of the Rosses CSC cut a sod of turf to be laid in the centre circle of the newly revamped Celtic Park. Local Fife and drum bands marched to the field accompanied by hundreds of Celtic fans and the local parish priest who blessed the turf.

The sod of Donegal earth then travelled with 50 supporters from Gweedore and the Rosses on a bus to Glasgow. To ensure the sod made it to Parkhead in good health the grass was watered in Larne. The party was met at Celtic Park by Fergus McCann, along with Donegal’s own Packie Bonner and other Celtic Officials.

The Sod was carried through the corridors of Celtic Park, down the tunnel and onto the new playing arena. Once at the centre circle a simple but poignant service was held and the turf planted in the heart of Celtic Park.

This ceremony echoed one which took place back in 1892. Then Irish patriot Michael Davitt laid a piece of shamrock sprinkled turf in the centre spot of Celtic Park to mark the opening of the ground at its present site.
shamrock.jpg

A small but nonetheless historic moment in Celtic history occurred on the evening of April 10th 1995 in a small field in the tiny Donegal townland of Mullachdubh, in the beautiful Rosses region.

Hundreds of people from across the Celtic heartland that is Donegal gathered to witness members of the Rosses CSC cut a sod of turf to be laid in the centre circle of the newly revamped Celtic Park. Local Fife and drum bands marched to the field accompanied by hundreds of Celtic fans and the local parish priest who blessed the turf.

The sod of Donegal earth then travelled with 50 supporters from Gweedore and the Rosses on a bus to Glasgow. To ensure the sod made it to Parkhead in good health the grass was watered in Larne. The party was met at Celtic Park by Fergus McCann, along with Donegal’s own Packie Bonner and other Celtic Officials.

The Sod was carried through the corridors of Celtic Park, down the tunnel and onto the new playing arena. Once at the centre circle a simple but poignant service was held and the turf planted in the heart of Celtic Park.

This ceremony echoed one which took place back in 1892. Then Irish patriot Michael Davitt laid a piece of shamrock sprinkled turf in the centre spot of Celtic Park to mark the opening of the ground at its present site.
View attachment 1656
Then they tore it it up and layed a desso pitch , fields just up from Bonners pub You'll always see a league flag fly above it

I think the point I was making, and I fully understand the history, is that singing these outdated songs publicly, makes us look and sound like the very mob we despise, because of their intolerance. There are great new celtic songs that the fans and the players love. We don't forget our history but we have to recognise that times have moved on, and we have to move on with it.

Damien Duff: "I'd swim over to work for Celtic" These are the type of people you want in and around the club
1f340.png

Pity you never took swimming lessons as a player, just do the job you are paid to do. Suffered enoughh bullshit.

Bang on mate fuck mirroring they mockit bastards. In Latin Maximus Riddy! ?

Gives all and sundry the ammunition and opportunity to lump us in with that lot TGS.

Also imagine trying to entice a top manager to come in and take over then he hears our fans chanting about how we want our previous manager to be killed in his sleep by the IRA.

Do these fucking idiots realise the harm they're doing to the club? Do they even care?

HH mate.

Galway, if you continue to live in the past, then moving forward is impossible. I understand that it is often difficult to reconcile, but what's the alternative? A never ending cycle of pointless violence. our children will never forgive us.

Galway, if you continue to live in the past, then moving forward is impossible. I understand that it is often difficult to reconcile, but what's the alternative? A never ending cycle of pointless violence. our children will never forgive us.
Sorry l don't live in the past. But you have to educate where people came from and understand history to take them forward that's the point am making anyone that forgets the past repeats the same mistakes.

Sorry l don't live in the past. But you have to educate where people came from and understand history to take them forward that's the point am making anyone that forgets the past repeats the same mistakes.
I agree with you but it needs to be taught in a constructive way not shouted/ sung with venom - education is of course the key for both sides and if a wean sees their parents being tolerant (yes even of idiots) and explaining despite what was done in the past we forgive and move on then we are building a better society.

Back