Could Lawwell be sabotaging our season to save Sevco?

26+6=1

I just read Phil's latest and it got me thinking. Lawwell cares only about money; I challenge anyone to prove me wrong on the basis of his performance. From a pure greed (business) perspective a Sevconian adversary is a good thing as the illusion of competition increases attendances.
It's the widely held opinion that TIAR will finish this incarnation of the Sevconian adversary. From a pure greed perspective this is not a desirable outcome. Lawwell probably still has PTSD (Peter's Take Seriously Diminished) issues from the days of closed-off upper tiers.
If Celtic do not win NIAR and TIAR with the resources at the club's disposal it will be as a result of deliberate sabotage for the sake of corporate greed. Lawwell cares nothing about legacy.
If the majority owners sanction the board to sabotage either of these next 2 seasons they can never be forgiven and need to be run out of town like the Whites and Kellys before them.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2019/08/22/the-legacy-men/

Ordinarily, I might be inclined to agree, but surely by offering a glimmer of hope to sevco - then their pursuit of glory using the 'spend what you don't have 'philosophy will surely lead to their demise long before a serious splurge of cash on our part would break any futile resistance?

If Lawwell really wanted a hun presence to maximise gates, then his best bet would be to spend some serious dough that they could not compete with and effectively force them into a sustainable and sensible spending policy which might prolong their short-lived existence beyond 8-years?

Even the dumbest monkey hun bastard (and that's a very very long shortlist for that title) would realise that trying to outspend Celtic would lead to their collapse in double quick time and that the only way to survive would be to downgrade and develop their own (hahaha) talent?

They dipshits are still gullible enough to keep turning up, regardless of outcome, and Peter would still benefit from having them hanging around on life support for the purposes of media interest and crowd sizes.

Ordinarily, I might be inclined to agree, but surely by offering a glimmer of hope to sevco - then their pursuit of glory using the 'spend what you don't have 'philosophy will surely lead to their demise long before a serious splurge of cash on our part would break any futile resistance?

If Lawwell really wanted a hun presence to maximise gates, then his best bet would be to spend some serious dough that they could not compete with and effectively force them into a sustainable and sensible spending policy which might prolong their short-lived existence beyond 8-years?

Even the dumbest monkey hun bastard (and that's a very very long shortlist for that title) would realise that trying to outspend Celtic would lead to their collapse in double quick time and that the only way to survive would be to downgrade and develop their own (hahaha) talent?

They dipshits are still gullible enough to keep turning up, regardless of outcome, and Peter would still benefit from having them hanging around on life support for the purposes of media interest and crowd sizes.

Sevco only need to qualify for the CL once to achieve a paradigm shift in their fortunes. Would Lawwell sit back and let this happen; maybe ask the Resolution 12ers what they think.

It's really simple, we are being run as a business first and a football team second, once Fergus sold up, thats the day everything changed, we are just like any other business ripe for a takeover from anyone, anywhere. That's the future folks if a couple of European Leagues become reality.
So all that's happening now is we are balancing the books and PL coming across as being tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm isn't helping the current mood, but no conspiracy your holyness imo, strictly business.

It's really simple, we are being run as a business first and a football team second, once Fergus sold up, thats the day everything changed, we are just like any other business ripe for a takeover from anyone, anywhere. That's the future folks if a couple of European Leagues become reality.
So all that's happening now is we are balancing the books and PL coming across as being tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm isn't helping the current mood, but no conspiracy your holyness imo, strictly business.

I work for a company in the private sector. The level of apparent incompetence at senior management level on display at Celtic would never be tolerated, never mind rewarded. But then the customers of the company I work for are other businesses whereas the customers of Peter Lawwell are fans, emotionally invested in the brand and ripe for exploitation. On his performance to date there is no level of cynicism I would believe beyond him.

They don't have to out spend us

we just down size make it look like were trying and it's game over

sevco stop the 9 a crack at champions league where they will have the balls to take the gamble to get a crack at £30 m

I know for a fact because one of my family were present ,that when sevco got promotion to the premier league a director who was present spouted it was the best news for the club , they could start charging what they wanted for corporate and hospitality ticket prices would be raised

This whole we can stand alone mantra is pish always has been

I just read Phil's latest and it got me thinking. Lawwell cares only about money; I challenge anyone to prove me wrong on the basis of his performance. From a pure greed (business) perspective a Sevconian adversary is a good thing as the illusion of competition increases attendances.
It's the widely held opinion that TIAR will finish this incarnation of the Sevconian adversary. From a pure greed perspective this is not a desirable outcome. Lawwell probably still has PTSD (Peter's Take Seriously Diminished) issues from the days of closed-off upper tiers.
If Celtic do not win NIAR and TIAR with the resources at the club's disposal it will be as a result of deliberate sabotage for the sake of corporate greed. Lawwell cares nothing about legacy.
If the majority owners sanction the board to sabotage either of these next 2 seasons they can never be forgiven and need to be run out of town like the Whites and Kellys before them.

Aye its all part of a cunning masterplan ????

Brilliant absolutely great post agree with it all,we should be getting the cash to make sure we get the 9/10 titles

Dear Papa, you are spot on with your assessment of Lawwell and the Board. Thousands of fans are convinced that we have custodians of the club who don't care about winning titles and making league history. Can you not make a Papal Bull sending Lawwell and co to darkest Africa where the white eaten savages reign with the message: Don't Come F ing Back

In all honesty that has crossed my mind too.....there will be no forgiveness if it becomes even remotely apparent that this may be the case.....I hope they know this

Latest posts

Back