Cover songs.

Weedocbhoy60

Had a conversation with a colleague at work, Patrick supporter as it happens so we couldnae talk about fitba, about our favourite cover versions. Many songs and bands were discussed. Made me wonder what my fellow members would pick as a favourite cover version.
for me it was the Stranglers version of Walk On By

Police and Theives by The Clash (originally by Junior Murvin)

Doesn't make it alright by Stiff Little Fingers (originally by The Specials, a great band)

Roots Radicals Rockers and Reggae by Stiff Little Fingers (originally by Bunny Wailer)

I Fought the Law by The Clash (originally by Sony Curtis, who was in The Crickets. Later covered by the Bobby Fuller Four, check it oot on You tube on a show called Shivaree from 1966, the studio dancers are quality)

Ring of Fire by Social Distortion ( the late great Johnny Cash. Written by his wife Rose Carter Cash)

Doesn't make it alright by Stiff Little Fingers (originally by The Specials, a great band)

Roots Radicals Rockers and Reggae by Stiff Little Fingers (originally by Bunny Wailer)

I Fought the Law by The Clash (originally by Sony Curtis, who was in The Crickets. Later covered by the Bobby Fuller Four, check it oot on You tube on a show called Shivaree from 1966, the studio dancers are quality)

Ring of Fire by Social Distortion ( the late great Johnny Cash. Written by his wife Rose Carter Cash)
Cracking tunes Richybhoy, SLF's cover of Bob Marleys Johnny Was is another belter. 2Tone CFC???

Great tunes Richybhoy

Leadbellys 'Where did you sleep last night' covered by Nirvana is a goosebumps special.

Celtic support covering YNWA is imho the clear winner, (I'm not biased, just keeping it real) ???

Nirvana covered a few songs by Scottish band The Vaselines as well. Son of a Gun, Lithium and a couple of other songs that I canna remember. If ye met the two o them in a pub and they told ye that they had four songs on one of the biggest selling albums ever (Nevermind) you wouldna believe them. Most people never even heard of The Vaselines.
There is a good video of The Vaselines on you tube doing Son of a Gun live for a radio station in Seattle.

I know it's not a cover but Jah War by The Ruts is another great punky reggae tune too.
Me n my mate got to talk with Paul Fox the bass player when the Ruts DC played in Dundee. A modest cool guy who sadly died a few months after that Dundee gig.
Have you heard a band called Death in Vegas covering twist and crawl by The Beat mate, belter of a tune, Ranking Roger on vocals, another one we sadly lost this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Back