Dangerous moves from the gaffer

Can be scary playing at big club, sometimes you need a flash of brilliance to give you confidence, I thought christie was very shaky last season then he scored an important peach and he went from strength to strength.

Morgan is tricky player but he does look very anxious. Trouble is if the flash of genius to settle his confidence doesn't come he could quickly crash and burn.

Hasn't done anything for me to justify an away start in Europe, but I have never seen him train. If Lennon thinks he good enough to start then I trust his superior talent spotting.
I think Morgan has quite good for us so far this season. Obviously Mikey J would havd started if fit so it was a blow he was missing. Think Lenny thought Morgan was similar enough so play him rather than Shved. Sadly it backfired as he had a bit of a stinker and this left our left flank exposed as they battered a poor Boli (not writing him off yet but he had better settle in very quickly now as many of the fans have lost patience with him already).

I guess our plan would have been to bring on Griff & Shved in the second half but it never turned out that way.

Should be able to beat them at home but have to focus better to avoid gifting break away goals.

Nope 1. Youre referring to 2 players who had very little actual contribution to the last treble season overall. Sinclair we've seen the best of him and good it was even below par sinky still amongst the best SPL attackers. KT injured long term. Forrest stepped up as someone always does. Shved Griffiths ntcham rogic jullien all to return to full duty. The futures bright spanking green and white everyone knows it even my pessimistic brother knows we are looking at a Celtic side on the verge of a special season prepared and backed by the board untouchable over a season HH
Seriously,did you watch Celtic atoll last season? KT still had about 21 games which was a huge contribution to the treble treble and I wouldn’t be so sure Mr.Lawell will part with some of the transfer fee on equal quality .As for Sincy he had about 30 appearances and his goals were a big part of the season and he never seams to get injured.I’m excited about the new players but Ntcham’s heart isn’t in it plus he never turns up away from home and we’re not guaranteed to get a consistent fully fit Rogic at least Sincy’s good for 7-10 goals.

Spot on, Winter. Completely agree with everything you said in your post, but didn't want to labour the point. Some folks need to deal with, oh I don't know, reality for a change.
Read my reply to Winters post and you’ll find that’s reality.

......oh and by the way, this could be a very bad move selling Tierney. He was worth much more on the park to us than a paltry £25M.

Not got a lot of faith in our board spending any of it on another LB.....let alone a LB and a RB!!
...and in little over 3 weeks!!!!

Im
Do you not think Cluj , Romanian champions, ahead of steaua and dinamo Bucharest a decent team? You're posting 4 hrs after a great European away performance and result about negatives,which are true many, but come on super night for Celtic past sides wouldve folded this side are serial winners and it shows
They’re decent but I don’t think it was a great away European performance.When you have a corner then lose a goal seconds later it’s terrible.Still no improvement on set piece’s from last season which is a concern as we get quite a lot of corners and free-kicks.I know that sounds negative but to be a decent side in Europe you can’t afford to lose a goal the way we did and it’s the same every season.

Im

They’re decent but I don’t think it was a great away European performance.When you have a corner then lose a goal seconds later it’s terrible.Still no improvement on set piece’s from last season which is a concern as we get quite a lot of corners and free-kicks.I know that sounds negative but to be a decent side in Europe you can’t afford to lose a goal the way we did and it’s the same every season.[/QUOTE

Agreed it’s the same old same old. The only difference was we got a result, but the game laid bare how inept we are at defending yet again. Money needs to be spent on real quality defenders. How long will it take for the penny to drop?

I would have taken a score draw before a ball was kicked yesterday. But, before the first fifteen minutes had passed Celtic could have been 2-nil up had Edouard any accuracy about him.

He appeared lost and a striking partner whether it be Griffiths or Shved would have definitely helped to our benefit.

I will never see the sense in a lone striker up front with the service Celtic supplies our forwards or speedy wingers who all too often look for someone to cross to and no one is available.
If Eddy is out of position or reach then lets double our chances of getting our passes over with another forward player in a position to get a shot off.

How many times do we see that at CP, with the mutterings of fellow supporters around me who voice exactly what I'm thinking!!

It's the most frustrating part of our game, and yesterday was a testament to that.
I know we were away but this team were for the taking and caution was a hindrance on this occasion. We could have been out of sight by half time.

This game was tailor made for Griffiths.

Sometimes, I wonder about Lenny and his inability to see the game developing different from his original plan.

Davie Hay says in his book that Jock Stein would often shout at them a change to game instructions even within the first 10 minutes as it was turning out to be different to his original thoughts.
He also said his amazing success rate was down to wholesale tactical changes during the first half which was never or rarely attempted by other teams.

This frustrates me to the enth degree, especially when AEK came to us last season and put us out when we thought we would go through with an earlier good result in Athens!
Even at home next Tuesday nothing is a surety.

Batter Motherwell and I'll feel much better.
Totally agree,with eddy up top himself in that heat he needed some support.As for changing tactics I would like to think they’re sorted out in training so it’s easily done on the pitch.BR said last season they had 7 different ways of playing but I only ever seen one which was disappointing especially against AEK who weren’t the best so they need to be focused on Tuesday.

Im

They’re decent but I don’t think it was a great away European performance.When you have a corner then lose a goal seconds later it’s terrible.Still no improvement on set piece’s from last season which is a concern as we get quite a lot of corners and free-kicks.I know that sounds negative but to be a decent side in Europe you can’t afford to lose a goal the way we did and it’s the same every season.
Any clubs in the champions route left are all very decent sides including us. I agree totally about losing the goal but some folk must remember we are threadbare at the back. Players out of position or just not good enough and losing our best defender looks like. When I consider that our back line is only half sorted out at the mo. I have to give credit to those filling in they've been great all things considered. The English window closes at 5 pm and then we might be able to get decent natural RB cb and lb I hope . It helps when we aren't competing with championship clubs of whom most can blow us out the water in personal financial terms, we can match transfer price but not the 40kpwk for mediocre at best players. I say it's a great performance because we're understaffed at the back imagine if we were sorted out at the Back? We'd take a bit of stopping

Can be scary playing at big club, sometimes you need a flash of brilliance to give you confidence, I thought christie was very shaky last season then he scored an important peach and he went from strength to strength.

Morgan is tricky player but he does look very anxious. Trouble is if the flash of genius to settle his confidence doesn't come he could quickly crash and burn.

Hasn't done anything for me to justify an away start in Europe, but I have never seen him train. If Lennon thinks he good enough to start then I trust his superior talent spotting.

Think his bottle just crashed last night TET. He was getting rubbed out by players just as quick but helluva taller.

He stepped up when it was a night when he should have stepped down but thats not his call.

Don’t for a second think he’s a bad player because he’s not.

Last night spooked him and he never recovered sadly.

Hope he recovers and becomes the player i think he is capable of being. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Any clubs in the champions route left are all very decent sides including us. I agree totally about losing the goal but some folk must remember we are threadbare at the back. Players out of position or just not good enough and losing our best defender looks like. When I consider that our back line is only half sorted out at the mo. I have to give credit to those filling in they've been great all things considered. The English window closes at 5 pm and then we might be able to get decent natural RB cb and lb I hope . It helps when we aren't competing with championship clubs of whom most can blow us out the water in personal financial terms, we can match transfer price but not the 40kpwk for mediocre at best players. I say it's a great performance because we're understaffed at the back imagine if we were sorted out at the Back? We'd take a bit of stopping
You make good points but I sometimes wonder why supporters think you can simply buy players of good enough quality to slot straight into a side. Give coaching team a chance to work with new players and integrate them into the side our defence is not that bad when you look at the stats better playing them than trying to fit players in straight away it's the new signings that looked nervous. We are one game into a season Europe is always tricky but at least under Lennon we get something from the away games, I'm optimistic we will qualify

Think his bottle just crashed last night TET. He was getting rubbed out by players just as quick but helluva taller.

He stepped up when it was a night when he should have stepped but thats not his call.

Don’t for a second think he’s a bad player because he’s not.

Last night spooked him and he never recovered sadly.

Hope he recovers and becomes the player i think he is capable of being. ??
He'll come good I've no doubts about it I'm so confident I'd say 100% totally going to make it at Celtic. He's a real talent takes time to adjust as we've seen from many many players in the past. I believe in him , did I mention that I think hes a good player :p

He'll come good I've no doubts about it I'm so confident I'd say 100% totally going to make it at Celtic. He's a real talent takes time to adjust as we've seen from many many players in the past. I believe in him , did I mention that I think hes a good player :p

Once or twice pal ??? but i think your right ✊

You make good points but I sometimes wonder why supporters think you can simply buy players of good enough quality to slot straight into a side. Give coaching team a chance to work with new players and integrate them into the side our defence is not that bad when you look at the stats better playing them than trying to fit players in straight away it's the new signings that looked nervous. We are one game into a season Europe is always tricky but at least under Lennon we get something from the away games, I'm optimistic we will qualify
Exactly ?? the team also needs time to gell these new bhoys are playing now at the biggest club in their careers some hit the ground running some hit the ground walking some just hit the ground give it time and a natural RB lol

Exactly ?? the team also needs time to gell these new bhoys are playing now at the biggest club in their careers some hit the ground running some hit the ground walking some just hit the ground give it time and a natural RB lol

Some just hit the ground ???

With KT close to moving and Scotty Sinclair potentially leaving that’s a serious set back after a few champions league qualifiers and a league game.Sinclairs goals last season were crucial and at the moment Morgan doesn’t cut it for me.As for Bolingoli,on performances so far I need to question our scouting system.Tonight a decent team would have destroyed us and I mean of Slavia Prague’s level.It’s either sign quality or accept Europa League.
Last wee side note , it's not the gaffer it's the board lenny wants to keep our best the board want cash for the shareholders one things certain , no Celtic player will ever go for peanuts again (cheeky monkeys that English mob)

Last wee side note , it's not the gaffer it's the board lenny wants to keep our best the board want cash for the shareholders one things certain , no Celtic player will ever go for peanuts again (cheeky monkeys that English mob)

Agreed.....

.....so, lets START the bidding for McGregor at £50M......or don't bother even picking up the fone, you cheeky English bar stewards.
he's definitely worth it. and it will ensure we keep him either way....

Back