Did Ye Aye? Podcast with Lewis Stevenson

Used to do a wee bit. 73 two weeks ago and I still train. Feckin' idiot that I am.
I recently watched an hbo 4 part documentary called the kings in my dodgy box
If you ain’t seen it frank easily one of the best of the box docs I’ve seen
Covers the careers of Hagler, Leonard, Hearns and Duran
Back when the best used to fight the best
I was a bit young to remember it but the backgrounds and stories were fascinating

I'm sure anyone who was lucky enough to watch Joe Harper play will remember this wee story. He played against The Hoops in the league cup final of 1974. He was absolutely terrific. Scored three in a cup final......and ended up on the losing side. A wee bloke by the name of Dixie Deans also scored three in the same game. Hoops 6 ..Hibs 3.. Nostalgia may be a thing of the past, but hey, it keeps us auld codgers going'. Happy Days .
Wee Joe, some man, always had time for people he knew from Greenock
A legend in the toon
Ended up in Aberdeen running a pub after playing for them

Wee Joe, some man, always had time for people he knew from Greenock
A legend in the toon
Ended up in Aberdeen running a pub after playing for them
Aye that's correct Dill, he did run his pub up there. He also attended Aberdeen games after he played. For all I know he probably still does. Hope he's still around. Sadly he never played for us, but still a legend from a time when that title had
to be earned. Always liked him as a player.

Aye that's correct Dill, he did run his pub up there. He also attended Aberdeen games after he played. For all I know he probably still does. Hope he's still around. Sadly he never played for us, but still a legend from a time when that title had

Aye Frank at a sports night in the miners welfare i was sat between Joe Harper and Jimmy Johnstone.I had spoken to Jimmy before and bought Joe a pint.I asked how he felt scoring 3 and being on the losing side.He said it was awfull but it being Celtic who won made it ok.Classy answer wee man a real gent.HH.

Harper is a legend up here with Aberdeen fans. He still does a lot of corporate work for the club and he is excellent with the fsns. He slso has an amazing memory about matches and is very generous at praising his colleagues. But he hated Ferguson who he thought was a bully and decked him at a party one night - not surprisingly he was sold shortly afterwards!

Back